Are we gonna be able to play as elites?

So I recognized that in matchmaking if you scroll over a player in the map loading screen (after the votes for maps are done) it says they are a spartan-IV. Since it says this does this mean later we can play as elites since it says what type of spartan the player is because we know what they are but of they were a elite it would probably say elite.

No, most likely not.

Edit: It’s just cosmetic information showing what spartan generation the player is.
Edit: As people are saying, it will change once you choose an specialization. Each specialization though are still to be Spartan-IV’s.

“Spartan-IV” Is the current specialization that player is on. players higher than 50 will have one of the other specializations written there instead. Don’t expect any elites in multiplayer.

Sadly no, this Spartan-IV means only that you are the standard Spartan and not a Specialization^^" Even if I would have loved to play as Elite again… Halo 3 was much better that you could go matchmaking with Elite too, even if it was unbalanced (elite is bigger and easier to shot down)

Short answer: No.

Long answer: No, because most of the commendations specifically state that you need to kill other spartans in order to achieve them. Elites were never used by competitive players in the first place due to their easiness to headshot, and are generally larger and more awkward targets. The specializations are specifically for different sets of spartan armor and perks, nothing else.

> “Spartan-IV” Is the current specialization that player is on. players higher than 50 will have one of the other specializations written there instead. Don’t expect any elites in multiplayer.

We don’t know how 343 makes expansion packs. Never say never.

that says Spartan IV because that is the type of specialization they are on. Once they finish it and reach another, it will change.

(For example. Im a level 67, Wetwork-7. So that means in the lobby, it will replace the Spartan IV at the bottom with Wetwork.)

> > “Spartan-IV” Is the current specialization that player is on. players higher than 50 will have one of the other specializations written there instead. Don’t expect any elites in multiplayer.
>
> <mark>We don’t know how 343 makes expansion packs. Never say never.</mark>

We don’t know how 343i does anything. All they give us is marketing propaganda.

> > > “Spartan-IV” Is the current specialization that player is on. players higher than 50 will have one of the other specializations written there instead. Don’t expect any elites in multiplayer.
> >
> > <mark>We don’t know how 343 makes expansion packs. Never say never.</mark>
>
> We don’t know how 343i does anything. All they give us is marketing propaganda.

Ill cook my halo disc and eat it if i ever see elites in multiplayer matchmaking. I never said never in my previous post but i will now… Trust me you will NEVER see them :slight_smile:

Elites won’t show up in Halo 4 for multilayer use. I’ll be very surprised if they’re made playable in 5. 343I doesn’t seem to like them very much. It’s a little ironic that 343i made Halo 4 such a casual game yet they took the “kid-appealing” Elites out.

In Halo 2 you could tell the bad players from the good ones by seeing who played as elites.

> In Halo 2 you could tell the bad players from the good ones by seeing who played as elites.

In the Halo 2 campaign i used to purposely get the arbiter hurt because of how much i despised him.

Sadly no. I wish they still were, but after people got so butt hurt over them in reach, I figured something stupid like this would happen. I partially blame competitive players for this, but I don’t want to start a 4 page long argument here. Plus 343 kinda made it to where it wouldn’t make sense to have them in infinity multiplayer since its technically just a giant combat simulation room used to train Spartans. If there is going to be some kind of halo 2 anniversary thing, then they better be an available option. One can only hope.

> In Halo 2 you could tell the bad players from the good ones by seeing who played as elites.

I played as an elite and was very good. Your point makes no sense unless you just assume people who play as elites are 12 year olds who have never touched a fps in their life.

I am sure since they even have a storyline for Multi-Player, well you know, that it is Spartans training in the simulator on Infinity, and since there are no Elites stationed on Infinity having Elites would not make since. However, maybe in Halo 5 those hinged faces will be back in action. You would think if the enemy is going to continue to be the Storm than having the Elite allies serving in some capacity would only make since. These dudes don’t even speak English, what the hell, isn’t English the most commonly use dialect in the galaxy, even the Prophets spoke it. =D

> I am sure since they even have a storyline for Multi-Player, well you know, that it is Spartans training in the simulator on Infinity, and since there are no Elites stationed on Infinity having Elites would not make since. However, maybe in Halo 5 those hinged faces will be back in action. You would think if the enemy is going to continue to be the Storm than having the Elite allies serving in some capacity would only make since. These dudes don’t even speak English, what the hell, isn’t English the most commonly use dialect in the galaxy, even the Prophets spoke it. =D

I think some commanders and higher ups had voice translators, but some were able to learn how to speak decent english. It’s hard when you have 4 mandables no lips lol

> I played as an elite and was very good. Your point makes no sense unless you just assume people who play as elites are 12 year olds who have never touched a fps in their life.

I just looked up your Halo 3 stats (nothing showed up in your history for Halo 2).

1.09 K/D ratio, highest level 39. You’re the elite I’m talking about, haha.

I’d have you know I’m just kidding about Elites being played by inexperienced players, it was just a generalization/joke that was true 75% of the time.

> > I played as an elite and was very good. Your point makes no sense unless you just assume people who play as elites are 12 year olds who have never touched a fps in their life.
>
> I just looked up your Halo 3 stats (nothing showed up in your history for Halo 2).
>
> 1.09 K/D ratio, highest level 39. You’re the elite I’m talking about, haha.
>
> I’d have you know I’m just kidding about Elites being played by inexperienced players, it was just a generalization/joke that was true 75% of the time.

With all stats available I am relieved that my old account was lost to me, I am ashamed to say I was a mighty Staff Captain with a K/D of .75, loved Halo 3, but not as much as who ever was playing against me, teabagging the corspe of my poor dead Spartan.

> > I played as an elite and was very good. Your point makes no sense unless you just assume people who play as elites are 12 year olds who have never touched a fps in their life.
>
> I just looked up your Halo 3 stats (nothing showed up in your history for Halo 2).
>
> 1.09 K/D ratio, highest level 39. You’re the elite I’m talking about, haha.
>
> I’d have you know I’m just kidding about Elites being played by inexperienced players, it was just a generalization/joke that was true 75% of the time.

Yeah I know your joking around,and the reason it shows no record is because My friends and I just did LAN matches back in the day. I really don’t care much for stats anyways

Even if Elites and Spartans in matchmaking isn’t balanced, 343i could of still brought back invasion. There is a lot of cool looking Elites in this game we should be able to play as.