Are we all forgetting something major?

Out of all the new info we have gotten there has been one line that has stood out to me above the rest.

> Other commands include picking up certain weapons, using turrets, driving warthog, etc

Oh my… I had only just gotten over my nightmares from Reach!

But seriously, If we are indeed given an option to have our friendly AI drive us around in vehicles, 343i needs to seriously rework the entire AI vehicle path system, and for that matter, they really should rework the entire friendly AI system because frankly, it’s always been pretty bad.

Also slightly off topic, but if we constantly have 4 squad members in campaign, yet a warthog only holds 3 people, then How exactly is that suppose to work out?

> 2533274850524527;1:
> Out of all the new info we have gotten there has been one line that has stood out to me above the rest.
>
>
>
>
> > Other commands include picking up certain weapons, using turrets, driving warthog, etc
>
>
> Oh my… I had only just gotten over my nightmares from Reach!
>
> But seriously, If we are indeed given an option to have our friendly AI drive us around in vehicles, 343i needs to seriously rework the entire AI vehicle path system, and for that matter, they really should rework the entire friendly AI system because frankly, it’s always been pretty bad.
>
> Also slightly off topic, but if we constantly have 4 squad members in campaign, yet a warthog only holds 3 people, then How exactly is that suppose to work out?

Someone will have to ride on the passengers lap.

> 2533274850524527;1:
> Out of all the new info we have gotten there has been one line that has stood out to me above the rest.
>
>
>
>
> > Other commands include picking up certain weapons, using turrets, driving warthog, etc
>
>
>
> But seriously, If we are indeed given an option to have our friendly AI drive us around in vehicles, 343i needs to seriously rework the entire AI vehicle path system, and for that matter, they really should rework the entire friendly AI system because frankly, it’s always been pretty bad.
>
> Also slightly off topic, but if we constantly have 4 squad members in campaign, yet a warthog only holds 3 people, then How exactly is that suppose to work out?

Well, on some occasions marine-only warthogs would ride along with yours (unfortunately cannot think of an example off the bat) and they did pretty decent if I’m not mistaken.

Whether it’s marines or spartans, it would work either way wouldn’t it?

I’m going to assume that since Halo, like most games takes place in the convenience dimension, we’ll have two warthogs lying around at all times. That or changes could be made to allow five players to ride a warthog, which they did in Forward Unto Dawn. Or even more radical, a new vehicle that fits four thats being kept under wraps, either way, its a good point.

I have always hated not being able to tell friendly A.I. to do certain things. Getting a friendly into the passenger seat with a rocket launcher can be annoying when he REALLY wants to drive or man the turret.

If they really allow us to command A.I. then that would be great. I have been waiting for stuff like this for years now, ever since I played Halo CE and the marines were lethally stupid.

So this is a question I’m curious about…
Are there people out there who would be against having 4 people able to ride in a warthog?
I have always thought this felt logical.

It was only in Reach where the Driving AI took a nosedive (like, literally, when Kat finally moved, she nosedived off a cliff) The rest of the games, while far from perfect, were at least playable.

No worries. The driving will be handled by the cloud this time around. Personally, I hope that at some point I can ride in warthog driven by cloud 9. ;p

> 2533274877739207;4:
> > Also slightly off topic, but if we constantly have 4 squad members in campaign, yet a warthog only holds 3 people, then How exactly is that suppose to work out?
>
>
> I’m going to assume that since Halo, like most games takes place in the convenience dimension, we’ll have two warthogs lying around at all times. That or changes could be made to allow five players to ride a warthog, which they did in Forward Unto Dawn. Or even more radical, a new vehicle that fits four thats being kept under wraps, either way, its a good point.

Yea, I wonder if we will have larger scale vehicle battles if we have to constantly have at least two hogs. I think it wouldn’t work so well if there was a medium-small scale vehicle battle and then we just come along with multiple hogs destroying everything with ease.

Personally, I’m holding out for a driveatar system. So if I’m playing as Kelly and I’m driving, the cloud remembers that and then when Ka Five plays and has Kelly drive, she drives like I did.

Because reasons. :smiley:

> 2533274796457055;10:
> Personally, I’m holding out for a driveatar system. So if I’m playing as Kelly and I’m driving, the cloud remembers that and then when Ka Five plays and has Kelly drive, she drives like I did.
>
> Because reasons. :smiley:

GotY material. ^

> 2533274826620064;3:
> > 2533274850524527;1:
> > Out of all the new info we have gotten there has been one line that has stood out to me above the rest.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > Other commands include picking up certain weapons, using turrets, driving warthog, etc
> >
> >
> > Oh my… I had only just gotten over my nightmares from Reach!
> >
> > But seriously, If we are indeed given an option to have our friendly AI drive us around in vehicles, 343i needs to seriously rework the entire AI vehicle path system, and for that matter, they really should rework the entire friendly AI system because frankly, it’s always been pretty bad.
> >
> > Also slightly off topic, but if we constantly have 4 squad members in campaign, yet a warthog only holds 3 people, then How exactly is that suppose to work out?
>
>
> Well, on some occasions marine-only warthogs would ride along with yours (unfortunately cannot think of an example off the bat) and they did pretty decent if I’m not mistaken.
>
> Whether it’s marines or spartans, it would work either way wouldn’t it?

Halo 3, Tsavo Highway.

> 2533274796457055;10:
> Personally, I’m holding out for a driveatar system. So if I’m playing as Kelly and I’m driving, the cloud remembers that and then when Ka Five plays and has Kelly drive, she drives like I did.
>
> Because reasons. :smiley:

But… what if you accidentally cause your vehicle to fall off a cliff?!

> 2533274832788623;13:
> > 2533274796457055;10:
> > Personally, I’m holding out for a driveatar system. So if I’m playing as Kelly and I’m driving, the cloud remembers that and then when Ka Five plays and has Kelly drive, she drives like I did.
> >
> > Because reasons. :smiley:
>
>
> But… what if you accidentally cause your vehicle to fall off a cliff?!

“Accidentally.” :angel:

> 2533274898765950;2:
> > 2533274850524527;1:
> > Out of all the new info we have gotten there has been one line that has stood out to me above the rest.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > > Other commands include picking up certain weapons, using turrets, driving warthog, etc
> >
> >
> > Oh my… I had only just gotten over my nightmares from Reach!
> >
> > But seriously, If we are indeed given an option to have our friendly AI drive us around in vehicles, 343i needs to seriously rework the entire AI vehicle path system, and for that matter, they really should rework the entire friendly AI system because frankly, it’s always been pretty bad.
> >
>
>
> Someone will have to ride on the passengers lap.

-Yoink!- >:}

> 2533274796457055;14:
> > 2533274832788623;13:
> > > 2533274796457055;10:
> > > Personally, I’m holding out for a driveatar system. So if I’m playing as Kelly and I’m driving, the cloud remembers that and then when Ka Five plays and has Kelly drive, she drives like I did.
> > >
> > > Because reasons. :smiley:
> >
> >
> > But… what if you accidentally cause your vehicle to fall off a cliff?!
>
>
> “Accidentally.” :angel:

(Raises Eye brows)
Harmless shenanigans am I right?

> 2533274850524527;1:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

If it makes you feel any better, one of the creative leads behind this game is Tim Longo, who was behind Star Wars: Republic Commando.

If squad interaction in Halo 5 Guardians is anywhere near as fluid and intuitive as Republic Commando, we’re surely in for quite a game!

I hope this system doesn’t make the game too easy.

> 2533274814635636;18:
> I hope this system doesn’t make the game too easy.

I’m also interested to see how they work out this new revive system and how it interacts with the traditional checkpoint system. I just hope it doesn’t devolve into getting downed every 30 seconds for making a stupid push and then you’re invincible teammate comes up and revives you with no punishment for making a stupid mistake.

> 2603643534586909;12:
> > 2533274826620064;3:
> > > 2533274850524527;1:
> > > Out of all the new info we have gotten there has been one line that has stood out to me above the rest.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > Other commands include picking up certain weapons, using turrets, driving warthog, etc
> > >
> > >
> > > Oh my… I had only just gotten over my nightmares from Reach!
> > >
> > > But seriously, If we are indeed given an option to have our friendly AI drive us around in vehicles, 343i needs to seriously rework the entire AI vehicle path system, and for that matter, they really should rework the entire friendly AI system because frankly, it’s always been pretty bad.
> > >
> > > Also slightly off topic, but if we constantly have 4 squad members in campaign, yet a warthog only holds 3 people, then How exactly is that suppose to work out?
> >
> >
> > Well, on some occasions marine-only warthogs would ride along with yours (unfortunately cannot think of an example off the bat) and they did pretty decent if I’m not mistaken.
> >
> > Whether it’s marines or spartans, it would work either way wouldn’t it?
>
>
> Halo 3, Tsavo Highway.

Was playing some ODST campaign yesterday, there is an option to get an autonomously operating warthog right at the start of the mission Uplift Reserve when you decide to get a chopper/ghost instead of getting in.