Are we able to play without Specializations?

Title says it all, are we able to play the game without using the Specializations?

Classic

Seeing as how the Spec. mods are just Tac/Support Packages, then yes, you don’t have to equip them.

Since we have the ability to disable loadouts, I’m sure we can disable specialization.

I don’t think their in customs though; only spartan ops and matchmaking. It wouldn’t make as much sense to be in customs, and they didn’t mention it when the article said what they could be used in.

Either way, I’m sure that disabling custom loadouts would disable specializations, as the abilities they give are tactical packages/support upgrades.

From what I understand, specializations are entered into by choice rather than being mandatory. If you make the choice to enter into one, you are then afforded 10 new levels complete with new armor unlocks, skins, as well as a unique armor mod.

Yea, Don’t rank up

From this weeks bulletin:

Two Specializations – Wetwork and Pioneer – will be available to all players when the game launches, and the rest will gradually be made available in the months following launch. We will be keeping a close watch on player participation post-launch and will roll out the additional six Specializations when the player base reaches certain milestones. <mark>There will also be playlists available that do not utilize loadouts or armor mods.</mark>

So, Yes.