Are there plans to slow down Tech2?

I’d really hope there are no plans to increase T2 research times or make it so that it’s more difficult to obtain.

From what I’ve witnessed firsthand (3v3 mostly), an opponent who goes for a quick tech isn’t unstoppable. Furthermore, a bit of proactive actions on your part can hamper their efforts to hit T2 or even limit their ability to produce units if they have hit T2.

Another thing I’ve come to learn with this game, if your only focus is to sit at your base, take your time, and try to max pop your army, you’re probably going to get rolled over unless your teammates step in.

If you’re playing 3v3 and concerned with your opponent hitting T2 before you, try these suggestions:

1. Rush with hellbringers.
    Build order w Forge:
    -supply pad
    -barracks
    -supply pad
    -barracks
    -generator
    While building, use 1 marines unit to obtain supplies near your base. Use the other to try and obtain power stacks. If your opponent contests the power, go back to supplies. You can build 10 hellbringer units with the starting power. If you’re able to get a gen up and acquire 100 power, get the pelican and use it. Send your hellbringers to the opponent’s base. If they have turrets, pull back. Use pelican to bring your units to another base to attack.

2. Scout. Build a jackrabbit, scout your opponent, try to obtain power and supplies.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

> 2533274802371423;1:
> I’d really hope there are no plans to increase T2 research times or make it so that it’s more difficult to obtain.
>
> From what I’ve witnessed firsthand (3v3 mostly), an opponent who goes for a quick tech isn’t unstoppable. Furthermore, a bit of proactive actions on your part can hamper their efforts to hit T2 or even limit their ability to produce units if they have hit T2.
>
> Another thing I’ve come to learn with this game, if your only focus is to sit at your base, take your time, and try to max pop your army, you’re probably going to get rolled over unless your teammates step in.
>
> If you’re playing 3v3 and concerned with your opponent hitting T2 before you, try these suggestions:
>
> 1) Rush with hellbringers.
> Build order w Forge:
> -supply pad
> -barracks
> -supply pad
> -barracks
> -generator
> While building, use 1 marines unit to obtain supplies near your base. Use the other to try and obtain power stacks. If your opponent contests the power, go back to supplies. You can build 10 hellbringer units with the starting power. If you’re able to get a gen up and acquire 100 power, get the pelican and use it. Send your hellbringers to the opponent’s base. If they have turrets, pull back. Use pelican to bring your units to another base to attack.
>
> 2) Scout. Build a jackrabbit, scout your opponent, try to obtain power and supplies.
>
> Anyone else have any suggestions?

That is one of the worst builds ever. You need your power too much to make a blind rush like this.

3v3s are very different than 1s because rushes tend to be more successful. It helps being able to bring 3x the firepower to a base. I’m 1s however, it is currently too rewarding to go gen first and rush a T1. It’s not invincible, superior micro can mitigate this but your margine for victory is too small considering the fast tech is sacrificing complete map control for the first 5 min

I’ll see your “Hellbringer Rush” and raise you a single upgraded UNSC turret, an un-upgraded turret, with maybe a few marines.

Checkmate.

No really, it is that easy, and it in no way should be.

> 2533274967376955;4:
> I’ll see your “Hellbringer Rush” and raise you a single upgraded UNSC turret, an un-upgraded turret, with maybe a few marines.
>
> Checkmate.
>
> No really, it is that easy, and it in no way should be.

In 1s it is that easy, and really shouldn’t be.

The point of tech 1 is to get to tech 2 then 3 if they slow it down then everyone is going to rush and the meta will be based on rushing which is brutal when the entire enemy team rushs in 3v3

> 2533274967376955;4:
> I’ll see your “Hellbringer Rush” and raise you a single upgraded UNSC turret, an un-upgraded turret, with maybe a few marines.
>
> Checkmate.
>
> No really, it is that easy, and it in no way should be.

Banished turrets should be as effective as UNSC but I would perfer UNSC got a major debuff rather than overbuff Banished.