Are there Jackels in the Banished?

I have not seen a Jackel in the Banished or heard of one yet. Not anywhere in Halo Wars 2 as a Unit or campaign. If the Banished are the new enemies, are Jackels not making a return?

Or is there some comic that fills in on that info already?

It can generally be assumed it’s as simple as a payment issue for the Jackals. They are Mercenaries and Pirates for the most part, and likely don’t care if they aren’t going to get much out of it. However, as Jackals are a mainstay of the Halo franchise, it wouldn’t surprise me if they showed up as auxiliaries for the banished in Infinite.

We could technically see them because like trenchbird stated, they are mercenaries for hire. However, in a comic book atriox tried to get jackles to be on his side. This didn’t go well because the jackal leader that atriox tried to hire decided to betray him for the price on his head. So I’m guessing while atriox is open to the idea, he probably doesn’t like them after he was ambushed by the last bunch he talked to.

> 2533274851211096;3:
> We could technically see them because like trenchbird stated, they are mercenaries for hire. However, in a comic book atriox tried to get jackles to be on his side. This didn’t go well because the jackal leader that atriox tried to hire decided to betray him for the price on his head. So I’m guessing while atriox is open to the idea, he probably doesn’t like them after he was ambushed by the last bunch he talked to.

It’s my personal opinion that we probably won’t be fighting Atriox unless we get to the Ark.

I think we’ll be fighting a high ranking general from the Banished who’s left behind in the region if space that has humanity and the covenant/ whatever the bad guys are called anymore.

> 2614366390849210;4:
> > 2533274851211096;3:
> > We could technically see them because like trenchbird stated, they are mercenaries for hire. However, in a comic book atriox tried to get jackles to be on his side. This didn’t go well because the jackal leader that atriox tried to hire decided to betray him for the price on his head. So I’m guessing while atriox is open to the idea, he probably doesn’t like them after he was ambushed by the last bunch he talked to.
>
> It’s my personal opinion that we probably won’t be fighting Atriox unless we get to the Ark.
>
> I think we’ll be fighting a high ranking general from the Banished who’s left behind in the region if space that has humanity and the covenant/ whatever the bad guys are called anymore.

Yeah the teaser voice says “we are his legacy” which emplies that atriox isn’t present where ever they happen to be.

In community update they show an Infinite megablox ser with Jackals in it, so confirmed maybe?

Toy fair showed a jackal in black armor; perhaps they have a few within their ranks. I was pretty disheartened not seeing them in HW2 but I’m sure they’ll be in Halo Infinite.

> 2717573882290912;6:
> In community update they show an Infinite megablox ser with Jackals in it, so confirmed maybe?

There was tweet stating that the toys are not a confirmation of anything, or words to that effect. Also, there are images of toys on the website saying “inspired” by Halo Infinite or something similar. I would not look too much into the toys confirming or denying anything.

> 2535462145233570;2:
> It can generally be assumed it’s as simple as a payment issue for the Jackals. They are Mercenaries and Pirates for the most part, and likely don’t care if they aren’t going to get much out of it. However, as Jackals are a mainstay of the Halo franchise, it wouldn’t surprise me if they showed up as auxiliaries for the banished in Infinite.

This. If Banished accept mercs then there is a good chance we will see them.

I think it’d be very cool but also very unlikely for us to see a separate minor Jackal pirate faction in Infinite

If the Jackals become an independent mercenary faction, it’d be an interesting change of pace if the UNSC actually recruited some of them for activities in the fringes of their controlled space.

It’s possible that we’ll see them, but probably not in the same numbers as previous games. Odds are any Jackals we do see will be mercenaries hired by this particular commander, and therefore might be restricted to just a few levels. Atriox doesn’t have any Jackals with him on the Ark, but that’s probably because he doesn’t trust them to stay loyal, and probably to ensure they don’t make off with his custom Gravity Maul.