Are there any ODSTs left?

Did all the ODSTs become Spartan IVs or were they specially chosen based on there genes like the past Spartan programs?

There are still ODSTs left; the Infinity has some aboard. I think it’s safe to say that they’ll be around for a while. In fact, the Spartan-IVs could always implement a “Helljumper Division.”

Oooo, Team Helljumper? That’d be a nice sight to see. Especially if they implement some of the ODST armor features as well (think VISR).

I’d love to play as one of those!

> 2533274925306006;1:
> Did all the ODSTs become Spartan IVs or were they specially chosen based on there genes like the past Spartan programs?

There are somewhere between 300 and 500 Spartan-IVs, according to Frank O’Connor. There were 3 ODST Battalions during the Human-Covenant War. The average Battalion is made up of 1006 troops. So even if every Spartan-IV was a former ODST (which we know isn’t the case), there would still be plenty of ODSTs around.

So yes, there are still ODSTs. We just didn’t see any during Halo 4, most liked due to resource and time constraints during development.

> 2533274813012755;4:
> > 2533274925306006;1:
> > Did all the ODSTs become Spartan IVs or were they specially chosen based on there genes like the past Spartan programs?
>
>
> There are somewhere between 300 and 500 Spartan-IVs, according to Frank O’Connor. There were 3 ODST Battalions during the Human-Covenant War. The average Battalion is made up of 1006 troops. So even if every Spartan-IV was a former ODST (which we know isn’t the case), there would still be plenty of ODSTs around.
>
> So yes, there are still ODSTs. We just didn’t see any during Halo 4, most liked due to resource and time constraints during development.

What he said. but i wonder what the ODST’s look like now? The marines got a huuge appearance appearance overhaul in Halo 4. I know that in Halo: Nightfall they’re wearing what looks like ODST gear. But they’re ONI agents and their gear might be different.

> 2533274975398392;5:
> What he said. but i wonder what the ODST’s look like now? The marines got a huuge appearance appearance overhaul in Halo 4. I know that in Halo: Nightfall they’re wearing what looks like ODST gear. But they’re ONI agents and their gear might be different.

If Halo 4’s ODST armor is any indication, there hasn’t been much change.

I believe the ODST division was around in halo 4 still. And they are always going to be there.

> 2533274813012755;4:
> > 2533274925306006;1:
> > Did all the ODSTs become Spartan IVs or were they specially chosen based on there genes like the past Spartan programs?
>
>
> There are somewhere between 300 and 500 Spartan-IVs, according to Frank O’Connor. There were 3 ODST Battalions during the Human-Covenant War. The average Battalion is made up of 1006 troops. So even if every Spartan-IV was a former ODST (which we know isn’t the case), there would still be plenty of ODSTs around.
>
> So yes, there are still ODSTs. We just didn’t see any during Halo 4, most liked due to resource and time constraints during development.

Halo 4 focuses almost entirely around Infinity, it doesn’t have much need of ODST’s when it has so many spartans who can do all the same things and better.

I’m really surprised VISR isn’t part of mjolnir though, might just be gameplay reasons.

I still like the ODSTs and I hope they stay around for a while. In the kilo-five trilogy of novels set in 2553, two of the main protagonists are ODSTs. Now I know 4 years pass leading to the events of halo 4, but this is a small indication that the ODSTs are still around post human-covenant war. Also, have your guys seen the remastered version of ODST armour in halo 2 anniversary? Maybe the armour will end up looking like that.

> 2533274813012755;6:
> > 2533274975398392;5:
> > What he said. but i wonder what the ODST’s look like now? The marines got a huuge appearance appearance overhaul in Halo 4. I know that in Halo: Nightfall they’re wearing what looks like ODST gear. But they’re ONI agents and their gear might be different.
>
>
>
>
> If Halo 4’s ODST armor is any indication, there hasn’t been much change.

Actually theres a huge amount of change between halo 3/odst/reach odst’s and halo 4’s odst armor,
Just look at em
Halo 3/odst Halo 4 well not really huge but still a significant step backwards imo.

> 2533274868108705;9:
> I still like the ODSTs and I hope they stay around for a while. In the kilo-five trilogy of novels set in 2553, two of the main protagonists are ODSTs. Now I know 4 years pass leading to the events of halo 4, but this is a small indication that the ODSTs are still around post human-covenant war. Also, have your guys seen the remastered version of ODST armour in halo 2 anniversary? Maybe the armour will end up looking like that.

iirc odst’s and spartans 2s/3s had a bitter rivalry during the early days of the war so theres a good chance a lot of odst’s from that time and impressionable new recruits would simply refuse to become s4’s out of pride and spite.

Read the Kilo-5 trilogy, you will not be disappointed. Takes place between halo 3 and 4 with several ODSTS and even a couple washed out Spartan 2s

> 2533274808000461;3:
> Oooo, Team Helljumper? That’d be a nice sight to see. Especially if they implement some of the ODST armor features as well (think VISR).
>
> I’d love to play as one of those!

I’m kind of surprised VISR wasn’t used in any other Halo games.

> 2533274804649077;13:
> > 2533274808000461;3:
> > Oooo, Team Helljumper? That’d be a nice sight to see. Especially if they implement some of the ODST armor features as well (think VISR).
> >
> > I’d love to play as one of those!
>
>
> I’m kind of surprised VISR wasn’t used in any other Halo games.

Technically, the Promethean Vision armor ability is a combination of Forerunner tech, and John’s VISR software.

t

> 2533274804649077;13:
> > 2533274808000461;3:
> > Oooo, Team Helljumper? That’d be a nice sight to see. Especially if they implement some of the ODST armor features as well (think VISR).
> >
> > I’d love to play as one of those!
>
>
> I’m kind of surprised VISR wasn’t used in any other Halo games.

Yeah, I really liked VISR, it added an interesting element to the gameplay.

> 2533274900614302;16:
> > 2533274804649077;13:
> > > 2533274808000461;3:
> > > Oooo, Team Helljumper? That’d be a nice sight to see. Especially if they implement some of the ODST armor features as well (think VISR).
> > >
> > > I’d love to play as one of those!
> >
> >
> > I’m kind of surprised VISR wasn’t used in any other Halo games.
>
>
> Yeah, I really liked VISR, it added an interesting element to the gameplay.

Is everybody forgetting there was a version of VISR in Reach? It wasn’t really needed in that game, but it was there.

> 2533274808000461;3:
> Oooo, Team Helljumper? That’d be a nice sight to see. Especially if they implement some of the ODST armor features as well (think VISR).
>
> I’d love to play as one of those!

That’s be fun.

> 2533274964189700;8:
> > 2533274813012755;4:
> > > 2533274925306006;1:
> > > Did all the ODSTs become Spartan IVs or were they specially chosen based on there genes like the past Spartan programs?
> >
> >
> > There are somewhere between 300 and 500 Spartan-IVs, according to Frank O’Connor. There were 3 ODST Battalions during the Human-Covenant War. The average Battalion is made up of 1006 troops. So even if every Spartan-IV was a former ODST (which we know isn’t the case), there would still be plenty of ODSTs around.
> >
> > So yes, there are still ODSTs. We just didn’t see any during Halo 4, most liked due to resource and time constraints during development.
>
>
> Halo 4 focuses almost entirely around Infinity, it doesn’t have much need of ODST’s when it has so many spartans who can do all the same things and better.
>
> I’m really surprised VISR isn’t part of mjolnir though, might just be gameplay reasons.

I know, right? If anyone should have had VISR first it should have been Spartans. Armor costs as much as a destroyer, but no, we can’t include FoF outlining and low light capability. Here’s a flashlight for your weapon, Chief.

> 2535411711152989;19:
> > 2533274964189700;8:
> > > 2533274813012755;4:
> > > > 2533274925306006;1:
> > > > Did all the ODSTs become Spartan IVs or were they specially chosen based on there genes like the past Spartan programs?
> > >
> > >
> > > There are somewhere between 300 and 500 Spartan-IVs, according to Frank O’Connor. There were 3 ODST Battalions during the Human-Covenant War. The average Battalion is made up of 1006 troops. So even if every Spartan-IV was a former ODST (which we know isn’t the case), there would still be plenty of ODSTs around.
> > >
> > > So yes, there are still ODSTs. We just didn’t see any during Halo 4, most liked due to resource and time constraints during development.
> >
> >
> > Halo 4 focuses almost entirely around Infinity, it doesn’t have much need of ODST’s when it has so many spartans who can do all the same things and better.
> >
> > I’m really surprised VISR isn’t part of mjolnir though, might just be gameplay reasons.
>
>
> I know, right? If anyone should have had VISR first it should have been Spartans. Armor costs as much as a destroyer, but no, we can’t include FoF outlining and low light capability. Here’s a flashlight for your weapon, Chief.

VISR is in Spartan’s helmets. Always has been. We just don’t see it in game