Are the Yanme'e returning?

Title for reference also, to most of you they are called buggers.

Or Drones, they were a bit annoying but I’m always happy to see enemies/weapons/vehicles returning.

I’d like them to return.

> I’d like them to return.

Same but I seems any enemies other than the originals (other than te flood) are returning

Idk if they are but they definitely should! It always mixed up the game play a bit running into them in Halo 3 and made it a little more fun. I didn’t find them to be all that annoying in ODST like most ppl did either. I always seen them as a quick multikill with the turrets.

Sadly, it appears that they will not be returning. From the looks of it, the only Covenant species in Halo 4 are the ones that were in Halo: CE (Grunts, Jackals, Elites, Hunters).

> Sadly, it appears that they will not be returning. From the looks of it, the only Covenant species in Halo 4 are the ones that were in Halo: CE (Grunts, Jackals, Elites, Hunters).

I think it’s this. They were only really big in ODST anyways.

I will be very pleased if I never, ever see Drones or Skirmishers in Halo again.

Ever.

^this

Master Chief wears bugspray this time.

From a canonical explanation, it seemed that the Drones were primarily used by the Brutes IIRC. In Contact Harvest this seemed to be the case at least. When the Covenant fractured and the Brutes and Elites went their separate ways, perhaps the Drones went with the Brutes or simply left. I’m not sure if they have really been mentioned since the events of Halo 3.

To me, fighting drones was just frustrating, not fun lol.

I love the Drones, I thought we saw them too rarely in the old games. They were the only enemy to really give us another dimension of gameplay, but they were only seen for very small portions throughout the games. Sure we have the Engineers, but you kill one and you don’t see another till the next battle, are they even in Halo 4? We need something to give us more dimension, and the Watchers, in my opinion, are not enough.

If there are simply no Storm Drones(since regular Drones would probably put a hole or two in the story), then hopefully they make a return in Halo 5.

Oh, sweet baby Jesus I hope not.

They were SO annoying to fight. They weren’t particularly interesting either. They were just cannon fodder. Really, really annoying cannon fodder.

> I will be very pleased if I never, ever see Drones or Skirmishers in Halo again.
>
> Ever.

This!

It would make sense to have them, because aside from their combat roles they helped repair the ships. The engineers were obviously preferred, but the elites do not have any with them. So the elites need someone to keep their few ships in working order.

> I love the Drones, I thought we saw them too rarely in the old games. They were the only enemy to really give us another dimension of gameplay, but they were only seen for very small portions throughout the games. <mark>Sure we have the Engineers, but you kill one and you don’t see another till the next battle</mark>, are they even in Halo 4? We need something to give us more dimension, and the Watchers, in my opinion, are not enough.
>
> If there are simply no Storm Drones(since regular Drones would probably put a hole or two in the story), then hopefully they make a return in Halo 5.

I doubt Engineers are in the game, because apparently the humans own them now, which is why Infinity splipspace technology is more precise than previous ships (according to what I’ve heard from Thursday War)

I’m very disappointed about their exclusion.

Drones have received the most changes since their induction and probably the most thorough development I’ve ever seen in Covenant species.

While Hunters were becoming more tame and slower, Brutes were also becoming more tame and slower, Grunts were becoming badass ugly -Yoink-/superheroes, and Elites were becoming gangsters and brutish, Drones were becoming characterized (coloring, distinct features, hives, sleeping like the Hunters in CE), diverse (even if it meant just giving them better weapons and shielding), and pleasantly challenging (they could easily be dispatched with a grenade in Halo 3, it was possible to take advantage of their flight to get to higher ground like the elevator in the third tower, and in Reach, we could finally headshot them).

They were damage sponges in Halo 2, but then in Halo 3 they were easier to kill but started appearing in bigger numbers, then ODST, they got ranks, and in Reach, they got distinct features and they were so rare that I actually wanted to fight them more often.

But suddenly, they’re gone. :confused:

> They were the only enemy to really give us another dimension of gameplay, but they were only seen for very small portions throughout the games.
>
> We need something to give us more dimension, and the Watchers, in my opinion, are not enough.
>
> If there are simply no Storm Drones(since regular Drones would probably put a hole or two in the story), then hopefully they make a return in Halo 5.

This!! There are few enemies in Reach that can make a lasting impression on me and Drones were one of them. Their art style was actually great compared to the other Covies.

I hated Skirmishers. First of all, they were damage sponges. It was merely being disguised by every hit you landed on them causing them to stumble back. Headshots were the only reliable way to get rid of them. Second, they stood still when you firing shots into them. They weren’t really on the move all the time. Come to think of it, I only recall them evading when they were fighting marines. Third, using automatic weapons on them was hopeless. Fourth, we didn’t get to see the ones that could use Hologram using it very often. I think I’ve only seen it once in Firefight. Fifth, it is annoying how the shielded ones are using the exact same behavior as the Hunters. I was expecting more uses for their shields, like deflecting incoming grenades. Sixth, the ones with focus rifles were far worse than Halo 2 Jackal snipers. Lastly, they’re very ugly and some levels were filled with them. It’s also difficult to stealth them. And their name is exactly what they’re like in the campaign: most small skirmishes were with Skirmishers rather than the scattered Grunt, Jackal, Elite forces that make Halo so memorable. It’s not surprising that they didn’t get mentioned by 343 when Prometheans were brought up. Just like Elite General, they were just there to fit a particular gap.

> > I love the Drones, I thought we saw them too rarely in the old games. They were the only enemy to really give us another dimension of gameplay, but they were only seen for very small portions throughout the games. <mark>Sure we have the Engineers, but you kill one and you don’t see another till the next battle</mark>, are they even in Halo 4? We need something to give us more dimension, and the Watchers, in my opinion, are not enough.
> >
> > If there are simply no Storm Drones(since regular Drones would probably put a hole or two in the story), then hopefully they make a return in Halo 5.
>
> I doubt Engineers are in the game, because apparently the humans own them now, which is why Infinity splipspace technology is more precise than previous ships (according to what I’ve heard from Thursday War)

I’ve heard stuff about the origin of the Engineers, and from what I’ve heard they were found on Forerunner planets. Unless the Elites told us where these planets are and we’ve taken them all, I doubt the Covenant wouldn’t still be taking them. Considering almost every Covenant ship has a small army of them, it would make no sense for the humans to have all control of them now. The Covenant should definitely still have their reasonable share of Huragok.