Are the map sizes so big because of.....

Sprint? Is it that simple? Or is this just common sense?

Sure, Ill give you spring, you go play a 4v4 match on sand trap.

> Sprint? Is it that simple? Or is this just common sense?

TADA!!! Some common sense at last! Very relieving at this point in the whinefest.

Some of the maps are too big even WITH sprint.

Example: Complex

Yes, considering sprint almost doubles your speed maps would have to be almost double in size.

There really are better ways of making maps faster paced though besides adding sprint. They could’ve more added Manncannons, Holes in the floor leading to the lower level, areas flowing into other areas, etc.

Sprint just leads to poorly designed maps and allows people to escape from bad decisions.

> Sure, Ill give you spring, you go play a 4v4 match on sand trap.

Sprint makes sandtrap into a medium sized map. You very well could play a 6v6 on sandtrap with sprint.

Semi-on topic, the DMR and Lightrifle are also a factor. They have longer ranges, so maps must be larger to accommodate. You could barely snipe across valhalla with the BR in Halo 3, but such a feat is easy with the DMR in Halo 4.

I have no problem with big maps, Halo 4’s maps have very little areas of importance.

I’m pretty sure. But I find it funny they wanted to speed up gameplay w/ it yet they countered against Sprint so well it basically dosen’t really matter that it’s there anymore…

The whole point of Sprint was to get you from point A to point B quicker.

Making the maps bigger completely defeats the entire purpose of that.