Are the Guardians actually Guardian Sentinels?

http://www.halopedia.org/Guardian_Sentinel

Going back to the days of Halo 3, Bungie originally intended to include a new Forerunner enemy type called the Guardian Sentinels. They would have featured in a level called Guardian Forest. After the play killed the Guardian Sentinels, they could rip out and use it as a weapon, which was probably highly destructive. Unfortunately, that was all cut due to time-constants.

So do you think that Guardians in Halo 5 are actually intended to be the Guardians removed from Halo 3? 343 Industries have proved that they like enjoy returning to the niche, obscure elements of the Halo Universe and giving them more depth (e.g. Benjamin Giraud). Lots of cut-content has made its way back into Halo canon. I think it’s possible that they may be Guardian Sentinels. I’m just wondering if that possibly ties into the Ark theory.

I don’t think they’re the same thing. For one the current Guardians are much, much bigger…However, I wouldn’t doubt that the things we’ll see in H5 might be based off of that old concept.

> 2533274920039666;2:
> I don’t think they’re the same thing. For one the current Guardians are much, much bigger…However, I wouldn’t doubt that the things we’ll see in H5 might be based off of that old concept.

What I’m wondering is if they were constructed by the Builder Rate or the Warrior-Servants. Their designs seems more akin to the Warrior-Servants, but if they’re related to the Guardian Sentinels and they’re actually from the Ark as the Ark theory goes, they could very much be Builder tech.

I think they’re along the same concept, but not the exact same. The player (John) could kill the Guardian and use it’s weapons (I assume? I always thought of it as the bulb in the center, similar to Spark’s). I don’t think the Guardians we see could be taken down so easily and used as a hand held weapon.