are the achievements going to be new?

I noticed in another thread someone pointed out that there is a possibility of most of the achievements being the same as the prior ones established for the games that had them. And this was a really good point. It would be terrible to just unlock the same achievements we’ve unlocked before again. I know Halo 2 never had any achievements but I’m hoping for a completely new batch of achievements.

So now might be a fun time to make your own that’d you like to see like:

A Masterful Campaign 100G - Complete all the campaigns on Legendary, Solo or CoOp

Play it Back 20G - Complete a campaign playlist, solo or CoOp

Friends like These 25G - Complete all campaigns in four player CoOp

Remembering the Good ole Days 30G - Play on all the classic halo maps

These are a few of mine. What are yours? Do you agree there should be no duplicates?

I hope there is a mix of classic achievements and new achievements.

Here’s a new achievement I’d like to see:

Your Journey Begins - 100G - Complete all four campaigns solo on legendary.

This would separate the boys from the men :wink:

I’ve completed some of them on Legendary Solo. But all? That’d be insane. Especially for four. And ONLY because of the Prometheans. They made me so mad. Eating up so much ammo and just teleporting away all the time. Being revived and whatnot. I gave up on that one. But I got Reach done solo, most of 3, all of 2, and most of the first solo. I only did like the first four of Halo 4 on Solo Legendary I gave up on that one.

No doubt they’re going to have new achievements along with familiar ones. It’s not just a bundle - all games are integrated into the same interface, so we can expect new exciting achievements.

I’d prefer all new achievements, make that 4000 Gamerscore all the more worthwhile.

Here’s a few of mine:

Just Getting Started… (100G)
-Complete the Halo:Combat Evolved Campaign on Normal or harder.
Finishing This Fight! (100G)
-Complete the Halo 2 Campaign on Normal or harder.
Wake Me, When You Need Me… (100G)
-Complete the Halo 3 Campaign on Normal or harder.
Welcome Home, John… (100G)
-Complete the Halo 4 Campaign on Normal or harder.
Galactic Tour (100G)
-Play at least one game on every multiplayer map in matchmaking.

My first guess would be they ship with the same achievements they originally had. In the case of H2A, a few from the PC port, and some new ones.

As long as “Violent Cartographer” and “Rainmaker” aren’t in there, I don’t care what the achievements are.

> No doubt they’re going to have new achievements along with familiar ones. It’s not just a bundle - all games are integrated into the same interface, so we can expect new exciting achievements.

I hope most are new though…

So for the “old” achievements, would you already have them completed if you have done on the original (or for CE; anniversary) versions of games? Or could you double up on them? Never really had an interest in achievement hunting, but this is potentially making me want to go dust off the 360…

> So for the “old” achievements, would you already have them completed if you have done on the original (or for CE; anniversary) versions of games? Or could you double up on them? Never really had an interest in achievement hunting, but this is potentially making me want to go dust off the 360…

No, they are completely separate so you can “double up”