Are some of the forum rules odd to you?

There are many forum rules. Many are good, such as “Please do not be rude, insult, berate or comment upon anything personal to do with Admins, Monitors, Superintendents or any other person who happens to post on this forum. Attacks against administrators, moderators and members are not allowed in the public forums or in private messages. If you think someone is wrong, it may be because they are new; don’t jump on them. Please be tactful and be civil.” But some rules on forums don’t make a ton of sense to me, such as “posts containing all-caps”. What do you think?

> 2535420374627419;1:
> There are many forum rules. Many are good, such as “Please do not be rude, insult, berate or comment upon anything personal to do with Admins, Monitors, Superintendents or any other person who happens to post on this forum. Attacks against administrators, moderators and members are not allowed in the public forums or in private messages. If you think someone is wrong, it may be because they are new; don’t jump on them. Please be tactful and be civil.” But some rules on forums don’t make a ton of sense to me, such as “posts containing all-caps”. What do you think?

Setting your caps lock to maximum certainly doesn’t promote discussion. It’s usually a sign of anger or mean-spiritedness. It’s also a bit distracting.

All Caps is the internet equivalent of yelling. You don’t have a civil discussion by shouting above everyone else.

> 2661949065475413;3:
> All Caps is the internet equivalent of yelling. You don’t have a civil discussion by shouting above everyone else.

I do agree with you, but some people don’t use it for yelling. Plus, it was just an example.

> 2535420374627419;4:
> > 2661949065475413;3:
> > All Caps is the internet equivalent of yelling. You don’t have a civil discussion by shouting above everyone else.
>
>
> I do agree with you, but some people don’t use it for yelling. Plus, it was just an example.

Just because they may not be using it as yelling, doesn’t mean it isn’t being received that way. You can’t determine a persons tone or emotion through text.

> 2535420374627419;4:
> > 2661949065475413;3:
> > All Caps is the internet equivalent of yelling. You don’t have a civil discussion by shouting above everyone else.
>
>
> I do agree with you, but some people don’t use it for yelling. Plus, it was just an example.

Well what is the point of using all Caps then? You’re obviously trying to be noticed.

I think the rule about not talking about leaks is weird, they are often really exciting, like there is a video of a certain game that may or may not exist doing the rounds and we can’t speak on it. Which sucks. Would be nice if we could talk about our collective excitement on certain leaks

> 2661949065475413;5:
> > 2535420374627419;4:
> > > 2661949065475413;3:
> > > All Caps is the internet equivalent of yelling. You don’t have a civil discussion by shouting above everyone else.
> >
> >
> > I do agree with you, but some people don’t use it for yelling. Plus, it was just an example.
>
>
> Just because they may not be using it as yelling, doesn’t mean it isn’t being received that way. You can’t determine a persons tone or emotion through text.

Thanks!

If you have any questions about the forum rules please contact a monitor for clarification. This subject really isn’t suitable for discussion on the forums.