Are shields too weak?

I haven’t played Halo 5 yet, so I personally can’t form a final opinion. But when I watch gameplay, it seems that Spartans die way too quickly. It’s worrying me far more than ADS or sprint. I hate games that involve “whoever sees the other person first wins”. In Halo, if someone sees you first, you still have a chance to turn it around and come out on top. Games like CoD and Titanfall, you almost always don’t, because of how quickly you die.

For me, that’s where the skill lies in Halo, getting kills. CoD’s skill lies in staying alive, because getting a kill requires very little skill.

So, for anyone who’s played it, is this something to be concerned about?

> 2533274827167643;1:
> I hate games that involve “whoever sees the other person first wins”. In Halo, if someone sees you first, you still have a chance to turn it around and come out on top. Games like CoD and Titanfall, you almost always don’t, because of how quickly you die.

This is why I hate any other xbox shooter except halo. (Well bf is a track better than cod and tf)

Anyways, to me, it definitely is something I feel a little worried about. From H3 to H5 the kill times go exponentially downwards.(Reach has probably the longest killtimes due to bloom) In H4 the kill times were already questionable sometimes, but still fine overall.
Seeing how rapidly the shields go down in H5G when being shot with the SMG bugs me.
But it’s the PRE beta so I’m confident, no hate involved here just my opinion.

Yes. In previous Halo games the BR killed with four consecutive head shots. You needed skill to beat out the other player, not just luck. I played the beta and i strongly feel that the sheilds are far too weak.

Hey now I saw a guy first because he was just standing shot him twice he slowly turned around shot him two more times he just 4 shoots me I die instead so call bs.

> 2533274804193356;3:
> Yes. In previous Halo games the BR killed with four consecutive head shots. You needed skill to beat out the other player, not just luck. I played the beta and i strongly feel that the sheilds are far too weak.

It still kills in 4 consecutive headshots…

DMR is 5 which is same as Reach and Halo 4
AR is 16 from what I’ve seen, though in the Beta I think it was 14. In Halo 3 it was 16 and Reach it was 22.

The guns seem pretty similar to previous Halo games…

> 2533274804193356;3:
> Yes. In previous Halo games the BR killed with four consecutive head shots. You needed skill to beat out the other player, not just luck. I played the beta and i strongly feel that the sheilds are far too weak.

The BR is still 4 shot though.

> 2533274820441404;2:
> > 2533274827167643;1:
> >
>
>
>
>
> From H3 to H5 the kill times go exponentially downwards.(Reach has probably the longest killtimes due to bloom) In H4 the kill times were already questionable sometimes, but still fine overall.

Exponential means something else.

H3’s killtimes, both average and best are slower compared to CE and H2. MLG boosted the damage by 10% (as well as basemovement) because H3 was lacking in speed. Compared to Reach, because bloom controls fullauto spread very well with bursts and the 85% bloom post-patch allowed for spamming, combined with ballistic characteristics, H3’s average TTK is still higher. Pre-patch, it was about even with H3 in best TTK across the ranges but a slightly better average TTK overall.

Best TTK at 30fps, about:
CE Pistol - 0.60sec
H2/H4 BR - 1.45sec
H3 BR - 1.55sec
HRDMR - 1.60sec/1.20sec (pop/bleed)
H4 5SK BR - 1.70sec
H5BR - 1.35sec

Do remember, 343i knew about the average TTK being better with H4’s hitscan and better netcode. It’s why pre-patch H4 had lower best killing time weapons, because the average was better.

And no, shields are not too weak, by observed gameplay and through beta experience gameplay where average TTK’s were even better than now for the M6 and scoped fullautos.

I don’t think they are too weak. However, I feel the SMG is too OP. It just melts through shields like butter. Other than that, I think its fine

> 2533274804193356;3:

How is now any different from then?