Truth
Plaza
The Rig
Fathom

And for remix we have:
Empier
Regret
Overgrowth

So we are now missing TWO maps to be remixed, Fathom(probably Riptide from the January update) and The Rig(probably the Febuary update). So put down your pitchforks and torches because the remixes are almost over(unless they remix the remix then that will be laziness).

You forgot colosseum… so not until april will we most likely get a orginal map for arena.

Lol just like the OP say after the remixes we’ll receive the remixes of the remixes , think about this the june update (the last one) we will get all the remixes of the remixes like a final gift for 343i!

> 2533274794210491;2:
> You forgot colosseum… so not until april will we most likely get a orginal map for arena.

Dang it, forgot about that one.

> 2533274871237374;3:
> Lol just like the OP say after the remixes we’ll receive the remixes of the remixes , think about this the june update (the last one) we will get all the remixes of the remixes like a final gift for 343i!

That actually made me chuckle a bit.

> 2533274974695300;1:
> So put down your pitchforks and torches because the remixes are almost over(unless they remix the remix then that will be laziness).

Oh boy, are you in for a surprise…

Just consider that all of the maps we have received thus far have been these ‘remixes’ or Forge maps (most of which were made by community members and not even 343 themselves), besides Noctis which is speculated to have been completed pre-launch. You can bet we will be seeing a lot more of them.

What I don’t understand is why 343 didn’t ‘remix’ classic maps from the older Halo games? Midship is the only remake in the game besides Forge maps. They would be pretty much guaranteed a better reception, let’s be real here the majority of the community is highly disappointed with the new Fathom remix. I for one never got tired of Bungie re-releasing Blood Gulch, for example - I even preferred it to Valhalla.

At this rate they’ll probably only end up releasing, at best, 2 more original Arena maps and a further Warzone map. I hope I’m wrong but I’m only going off of what we’ve received over the last few months.

But guys…guys…

they’re “free”

Ok I don’t mind remixes the way they are now but if 343 makes remixes of already exiting remixes I’m going to -Yoinking!- lose my marbles.

Can’t wait to see what awesome remixes they can make of Overgrowth.

Have they released or announced any original map yet?

> 2533274802932721;10:
> Have they released or announced any original map yet?

no

> 2533274810945725;11:
> > 2533274802932721;10:
> > Have they released or announced any original map yet?
>
>
> no

Well, now that I think about it, I can see why people are starting to hate remixed and forged maps.

It’s because that’s all we’ve received with no information on when that’s going to change.

I read somewhere that if we continue the same one arena map, one warzone map trend for updates we will only have like three non-remix maps.

Assuming those aren’t simply forge maps or one of them isn’t a remix of another new one.

But that’s again assuming the same trends.

> 2533274802932721;12:
> > 2533274810945725;11:
> > > 2533274802932721;10:
> > > Have they released or announced any original map yet?
> >
> >
> > no
>
>
> Well, now that I think about it, I can see why people are starting to hate remixed and forged maps.
>
> It’s because that’s all we’ve received with no information on when that’s going to change.

I like the idea of them remixing a classic map from a previous game.
They would probably have to anyway due to the player movements and abilities in 5, such as clamber and sprint.

Heck, if they remixed a launch map and made it bigger and threw it out as a BTB map, people would rejoyce!

They should borrow that forge Sandtrap from Halo 3, nice it up, add back the Mammoths and release that coupled with a Valhalla remake. I could see an expanded Sandtrap esque map being a great warzone map. Like 1.5-2x bigger. Would be nice to have some variety.

Concept art for the remix of the Rig (Which will probably launch in February) Look awesome! It has lava and stuff!

> 2533274961306591;16:
> Concept art for the remix of the Rig (Which will probably launch in February) Look awesome! It has lava and stuff!

WOW!!! Lava makes everything so much better!!!

I’m actually looking forward to the remaining remixes. They definitely have the potential to be the most interesting of the bunch…

Plaza, Overgrowth
Truth, Regret
Eden, Empire
Fathom, Riptide
The Rig, lava map
Colosseum, potential remix
Breakout Arena

… and that it for dev made Arena maps. What I hate about remixes taking the place of new original maps is that the maps we got at launch don’t truly offer much gameplay variety. They’re all really, really small, they’re all in structures rather than some external environmemt and none of them even bother to incorporate vehicle play. Do we really have to go to BTB and Community playlists to escape the small boxy gray maps we got at launch?

Where are the bigger, more open maps? I seem to remember even a map as big as Vallhalla served its purpose in 4v4 Team gametypes, yet in Halo 5 the biggest non-Forged map is smaller than the smallest map in Halo 3…

And remixes never expand on the originals, they just add or remove elements and flip things around.

> 2533274799527886;17:
> > 2533274961306591;16:
> > Concept art for the remix of the Rig (Which will probably launch in February) Look awesome! It has lava and stuff!
>
>
> WOW!!! Lava makes everything so much better!!!

LOL this made me laugh!!

I’m sure the map will look cool, but I’m beyond tired of remixes… Whoever decided at 343I that remixing maps would be better then original ones should be politely asked to leave. What were you guys thinking, honesty!!