Are ranks tied to season pass?

Destiny 2 added a season pass two years ago, and began tying in rank numbers to how well you did in the season pass. The only problem is, when a new season starts in three months, all that progress and your rank number gets reset. I was wondering if there is anything out there confirming that this is how Infinite is doing it? And how will that work, with multiple season passes that don’t expire? Or will it just be like Reach or Guardians, with one standard rank determined by your XP gain since launch?

There is no standard XP rank in Halo Infinite (for launch at least, they are looking into that).

You just level up your BattlePass, no rank really attached to it that other players can see.

Player ranks don’t really exist in Halo Infinite in any form other than the rank you get for playing Ranked matchmaking playlists, those will only be visible in those playlists.

> 2533274865778947;2:
> There is no standard XP rank in Halo Infinite (for launch at least, they are looking into that).
>
> You just level up your BattlePass, no rank really attached to it that other players can see.
>
> Player ranks don’t really exist in Halo Infinite in any form other than the rank you get for playing Ranked matchmaking playlists, those will only be visible in those playlists.

Thanks for the info!

IDK how to feel about that. It will be nice to not have a grind to worry about, like SR152. But at the same time, it’s nice to have that little number to remind yourself how long you’ve been playing.

A global military rank is paramount to success and longevity of the game. I will be very disappointed not to have a military rank correlating to my game experience or games played.

> 2535417949951432;3:
> > 2533274865778947;2:
> > There is no standard XP rank in Halo Infinite (for launch at least, they are looking into that).
> >
> > You just level up your BattlePass, no rank really attached to it that other players can see.
> >
> > Player ranks don’t really exist in Halo Infinite in any form other than the rank you get for playing Ranked matchmaking playlists, those will only be visible in those playlists.
>
> Thanks for the info!
>
> IDK how to feel about that. It will be nice to not have a grind to worry about, like SR152. But at the same time, it’s nice to have that little number to remind yourself how long you’ve been playing.

> 2533274805799247;4:
> A global military rank is paramount to success and longevity of the game. I will be very disappointed not to have a military rank correlating to my game experience or games played.

You’re welcome OP :slight_smile:

To a extent I understand why there’s upset about it, it’s used as a judge of how long people have played and what not. Like OP mentioned, 152. Something I achieved myself, it’s a nice status symbol to have, however the “grind” it took to get there was less nice even if I did complete it fairly fast.

On the other hand I kind of get why it’s not there too. It’s just a number. All your progression is tied to your battle pass, so having traditional ranks wouldn’t get you anything other than just a number next to your name.
I guess it really depends on do you want to play Halo to have fun? Or do you want to play Halo to grind levels?

If they’re adding XP ranks into the game at a later date I do think it’s going to be a bit different than it has been in the past. if this game is to be supported for years and years to come how high do you set the max level? What do you get for levelling? Set it crazy high like 152 or MCC? What happens when you’ve maxed that out? It just stays there stagnant for years? Or do more ranks keep getting added season after season? Or do ranks reset after each season? There’s a lot of different routes that 343i can go down with it.