Are Phaetons Made of Paper For Anyone Else?

So a few days ago, I got a random Phaeton out of a Warzone Victory Pack. So I saved it, but today, our team was losing 645-750, and we were stuck at our base (Enemy had all bases) and Knight Strategos was about to spawn. I knew, if the enemy killed him, we would lose, so I decided to use the Phaeton. I spawned, took about 6 BR rounds while I was headed toward the main area (Enemy barely noticed me except a Wraith who missed, everyone else was busy destroying our ground vehicles/infantry)

I took down a small 25 point boss, and I started to shoot at the Wraith. The Wraith escapes into a tunnel, and a Scorpion next to it took notice of me. I evaded, but the tank shell got me in the nose of the Phaeton. I was instantly destroyed.

For any other vehicle, it wouldn’t be as big of a deal. But, a Phaeton? Getting taken down by a few BR shots and an indirect tank shot? I feel the HP should be buffed, or should be lowered to ultra rare class. That, or shouldn’t cost level 8. I feel the Mantis and Phaeton aren’t worth their REQ points or rarity

It has no energy shield so focus fire will bring it down easily. It’s mainly a stealth vehicle Ive found. Hover over buildings, mountains, inaccessible map areas and take pot shots on people not looking.

> 2661949065475413;2:
> It has no energy shield so focus fire will bring it down easily. It’s mainly a stealth vehicle Ive found. Hover over buildings, mountains, inaccessible map areas and take pot shots on people not looking.

It is stealthy, as I guess nobody took notice of me while I flew over their heads. I just didn’t except a half dozen BR shots and a tank would take it down.

You have phaetons?

> 2533274823519895;4:
> You have phaetons?

I only got 1 from a random reward in a Warzone Daily Win REQ Pack. I’ve seen a few in other games before so I’m sure some people got the RNG to back them up

Why do you think phaetons should have more health than a Banshee?

> 2533274803493024;6:
> Why do you think phaetons should have more health than a Banshee?

Because Banshees have rechargeable shields,
Phaetons do not.

Currently banshee ultra can sustain more direct damage than the Phaeton as well.

> 2533275007059966;3:
> > 2661949065475413;2:
> > It has no energy shield so focus fire will bring it down easily. It’s mainly a stealth vehicle Ive found. Hover over buildings, mountains, inaccessible map areas and take pot shots on people not looking.
>
>
> It is stealthy, as I guess nobody took notice of me while I flew over their heads. I just didn’t except a half dozen BR shots and a tank would take it down.

ugh I can hear the ugly sound it makes over the whole map

Most of us have never even seen a player controlled Phaeton in-game.

Took me over 4 direct hits from a regular Scorpion to down one. Took A LOT of small arms hits when I spawned one through the Rare Random Vehicle card and took it into the Warden tunnel on Stormbreak. It didn’t get destroyed, I ended up hopping out accidentally :wink:

(Was getting used to the new controls with a custom Elite, so I didn’t get to use it like I wanted to try. Saving my current cards for a larger team so that it’s not wasted with a bunch of randoms :slight_smile:

> 2603643534597848;10:
> Took me over 4 direct hits from a regular Scorpion to down one. Took A LOT of small arms hits when I spawned one through the Rare Random Vehicle card and took it into the Warden tunnel on Stormbreak. It didn’t get destroyed, I ended up hopping out accidentally :wink:
>
> (Was getting used to the new controls with a custom Elite, so I didn’t get to use it like I wanted to try. Saving my current cards for a larger team so that it’s not wasted with a bunch of randoms :slight_smile:

4 shots? Huh. Maybe it was an ONI Scorpion or something. I’ll have to go back and look. Are there any real visual differences between regular tanks and ONI tanks? Cuz I was sure that was a regular Scorpion

> 2728966917079826;9:
> Most of us have never even seen a player controlled Phaeton in-game.

I’ve only seen about 4 total, considering my over 150 games. But I’ve never been killed by one, usually too busy with vehicles.

> 2728966917079826;9:
> Most of us have never even seen a player controlled Phaeton in-game.

I piloted one the first week of Halo 5’s release on Warzone on the forerunner spire map. It got destroyed incredibly fast and I was actually keeping my distance. I agree with him in that the Phaeton needs a health buff.

You took a direct shot from a Scorpion, don’t be too surprised it took you down.

But I do agree vehicles should be stronger, Mantis especially.

A ultra rare tank and a oni tank will 2 shot a full health phaeton. Oni might outright 1 shot. Phaeton can tKe a good bit of damage though. Takes roughly 4 or 5 fuel rod shots from a ultra to take it down.

Always make full use of the Phaeton’s swift dodging ability! Scorpions are monsters against pretty much everything in Warzone, currently!

Scorpions are crazy powerful, but you also have missiles for them.