Are Invasion and Firefight ever going to get updated?

Dear 343 Industries and the MM Systems Team,

In November of last year, the ‘MM Systems Team’ said on this very forum that they were looking into updating the Anniversary Firefight playlist. I was pleased with this news even though I wished effort would also be extended to the other Firefight playlists. However, 4 months on, and Firefight has not been mentioned again - not even in passing.

Earlier this year, it was mentioned that the MM Systems Team were looking into updating Invasion, but that it would 'not be of the Title Update variety.’ This is a playlist that is badly in need of new maps (if not new gametypes too), as the lack of variety is slowly killing the playlist. Again, time has passed and these intentions have not been realised nor mentioned since.

Now, if you’d said nothing, the lack of changes, lack of communication would have still been frustrating (see also: The Arena), but since you have said you’re looking into it, the continued lack of changes, or at least a status report, is doubly frustrating.

Having built a proposal changelist for Firefight I know first-hand the amount of work it can involve. I know it takes time. I know plans change. But for many of us Halo is a key part of our entertainment, and we don’t like to see that entertainment be less enjoyable than it could be.

All I’m asking for is better communication of where in the life-cycle of playlist updates and changes you are. The MM Systems Team have their own account on the forums here, and the Weekly Bulletin’s by BS Angel are a prime conduit for information drops - she often has very little to work with so I’m sure she would appreciate more to write about.

If these plans have been dropped, please let us know so we can stop waiting with baited breath at every Bulletin, and refocus our efforts to convincing you of the importance of making changes.

If these plans are still in the works, please let us know that and where you are - preferably with some sort of time-frame for realisation of those plans, even if it is a long way off.

If you’re stuck and need help - with ideas, gametypes, maps or testing - please let us know. I’ll be the first to raise my hand and say I’m willing to help.

Scincerely,
RC Master

> Dear 343 Industries and the MM Systems Team,
>
> In November of last year, the ‘MM Systems Team’ said on this very forum that they were looking into updating the Anniversary Firefight playlist. I was pleased with this news even though I wished effort would also be extended to the other Firefight playlists. However, 4 months on, and Firefight has not been mentioned again - not even in passing.
>
> Earlier this year, it was mentioned that the MM Systems Team were looking into updating Invasion, but that it would 'not be of the Title Update variety.’ This is a playlist that is badly in need of new maps (if not new gametypes too), as the lack of variety is slowly killing the playlist. Again, time has passed and these intentions have not been realised nor mentioned since.
>
> Now, if you’d said nothing, the lack of changes, lack of communication would have still been frustrating (see also: The Arena), but since you have said you’re looking into it, the continued lack of changes, or at least a status report, is doubly frustrating.
>
> Having built a proposal changelist for Firefight I know first-hand the amount of work it can involve. I know it takes time. I know plans change. But for many of us Halo is a key part of our entertainment, and we don’t like to see that entertainment be less enjoyable than it could be.
>
> All I’m asking for is better communication of where in the life-cycle of playlist updates and changes you are. The MM Systems Team have their own account on the forums here, and the Weekly Bulletin’s by BS Angel are a prime conduit for information drops - she often has very little to work with so I’m sure she would appreciate more to write about.
>
> If these plans have been dropped, please let us know so we can stop waiting with baited breath at every Bulletin, and refocus our efforts to convincing you of the importance of making changes.
>
> If these plans are still in the works, please let us know that and where you are - preferably with some sort of time-frame for realisation of those plans, even if it is a long way off.
>
> If you’re stuck and need help - with ideas, gametypes, maps or testing - please let us know. I’ll be the first to raise my hand and say I’m willing to help.
>
> Scincerely,
> RC Master

Did they mention updating FF Anniv in November, damn I missed that, shame there has been no mention on it at all, some gametypes featuring just enemies from CE would have been sweet.

I personally looked at some of your gametypes in your master topic on it a few months back, and they were pretty enjoyable, I would love to see some light shed on this, I’ve considered PMing MM Systems Team a few times as they tend to reply to my PMs regarding simple questions.

> Did they mention updating FF Anniv in November, damn I missed that, shame there has been no mention on it at all, some gametypes featuring just enemies from CE would have been sweet.

Yep - I’ve found the link now and added it to the OP.

> I’ve considered PMing MM Systems Team a few times as they tend to reply to my PMs regarding simple questions.

Please do :slight_smile:

If they would update these game types I certainly wouldn’t complain. i really wish they’d bring a Limited game type into Arcade, but increase the number of initial lives ever so slightly. Limited in doubles us nearly impossible to complete, you’re luck just to survive until the end.

Thanks for the Link RC.

In regards to Anniversary, it would be nice if the ODSTs didn’t seemingly die right from the start of every game. And how are you supposed to get them in the 'hog with you? I seem to remember that in the previews by have yet to have it happen in game.

> > Did they mention updating FF Anniv in November, damn I missed that, shame there has been no mention on it at all, some gametypes featuring just enemies from CE would have been sweet.
>
> Yep - I’ve found the link now and added it to the OP.
>
>
>
> > I’ve considered PMing MM Systems Team a few times as they tend to reply to my PMs regarding simple questions.
>
> Please do :slight_smile:

Sent a PM now, if I get a reply, I will be sure to let you all know.

> Thanks for the Link RC.
>
> In regards to Anniversary, it would be nice if the ODSTs didn’t seemingly die right from the start of every game. And how are you supposed to get them in the 'hog with you? I seem to remember that in the previews by have yet to have it happen in game.

The only time I’ve had an ODST in a 'hog with me on that level was when they were dropped already in the Hog by a Pelican at the start of the next round.

The others are so uselss I question if it was worth the time investment…

> > Thanks for the Link RC.
> >
> > In regards to Anniversary, it would be nice if the ODSTs didn’t seemingly die right from the start of every game. And how are you supposed to get them in the 'hog with you? I seem to remember that in the previews by have yet to have it happen in game.
>
> The only time I’ve had an ODST in a 'hog with me on that level was when they were dropped already in the Hog by a Pelican at the start of the next round.
>
> The others are so uselss I question if it was worth the time investment…

Just to add on, the ODSTs that spawn at the start of the game are programmed to simply shoot, they can’t get in the Warthog.

The ODSTs dropped off from the Pelican w/ the hog however, can if you drive next to it.

i don’t really think that firefight needs updating, there is nothing that can be done to it to really improve on the experience apart from adding firefight limited back …

invasion will be getting an update at some point, i remember a post by the MM systems team saying that invasion might be getting some love but not of the TU variety.

> i don’t really think that firefight needs updating, there is nothing that can be done to it to really improve on the experience apart from adding firefight limited back …

Ye of little imagination.

> invasion will be getting an update at some point, i remember a post by the MM systems team saying that invasion might be getting some love but not of the TU variety.

Did you even read the thread? I linked to that post…

> i don’t really think that firefight needs updating, there is nothing that can be done to it to really improve on the experience apart from adding firefight limited back …
>
> invasion will be getting an update at some point, i remember a post by the MM systems team saying that invasion might be getting some love but not of the TU variety.

Firefight needs a big overhaul, especially the Anniv FF Playlist, it included Brutes, Skirmishers, both of which were not in CE which should be fixed to be honest.

Awesome post RC and I totally agree with you. I want my Invasion update. :frowning:

> > > Thanks for the Link RC.
> > >
> > > In regards to Anniversary, it would be nice if the ODSTs didn’t seemingly die right from the start of every game. And how are you supposed to get them in the 'hog with you? I seem to remember that in the previews by have yet to have it happen in game.
> >
> > The only time I’ve had an ODST in a 'hog with me on that level was when they were dropped already in the Hog by a Pelican at the start of the next round.
> >
> > The others are so uselss I question if it was worth the time investment…
>
> Just to add on, the ODSTs that spawn at the start of the game are programmed to simply shoot, they can’t get in the Warthog.
>
> The ODSTs dropped off from the Pelican w/ the hog however, can if you drive next to it.

Which game type is this in? I swear I’ve never had a Pelican show up.

> > > > Thanks for the Link RC.
> > > >
> > > > In regards to Anniversary, it would be nice if the ODSTs didn’t seemingly die right from the start of every game. And how are you supposed to get them in the 'hog with you? I seem to remember that in the previews by have yet to have it happen in game.
> > >
> > > The only time I’ve had an ODST in a 'hog with me on that level was when they were dropped already in the Hog by a Pelican at the start of the next round.
> > >
> > > The others are so uselss I question if it was worth the time investment…
> >
> > Just to add on, the ODSTs that spawn at the start of the game are programmed to simply shoot, they can’t get in the Warthog.
> >
> > The ODSTs dropped off from the Pelican w/ the hog however, can if you drive next to it.
>
> Which game type is this in? I swear I’ve never had a Pelican show up.

Fairly certain that Hog drops show up in Doubles, Limited.

That may be why I’ve never seen it as getting some Random to pick Limited is sometimes hard.

The pelican won’t show up if Weapon Drops are disabled, which they are in everything but 2X Score Attack and Limited.

So according to the bulletin it looks like 4 player FF LIMITED is back in May. I would like to thank you RC and all others who’ve been posting about wanting it back. And congrats, it seems they may have also taken some of your other suggestions and added them as well!

> So according to the bulletin it looks like 4 player FF LIMITED is back in May. I would like to thank you RC and all others who’ve been posting about wanting it back. And congrats, it seems they may have also taken some of your other suggestions and added them as well!

I can’t wait to see what the new gametypes are like and hope the NEP is better than current, having Heretics in multiple rounds would be pretty, challenging.