Are free maps better than micro-transactions?

I personally prefer micro-transactions for the fact that you aren’t forced to buy them. With dlc maps, in order to play the latest content you have to purchase the pack, and doing so doesn’t make you stand-out of the halo community as someone who is truly devoted to the game. Micro-transactions are a way for people on day one show their love for the game.

I don’t understand what the poll is asking.

> 2533274953123640;3:
> I don’t understand what the poll is asking.

Neither do I, its like he’s asking us trick questions which lead all to the same.

Ofcourse Free maps are better than Microtransactions. Ofcourse microtransactions are worse than freemaps.
Free maps are never horrible.

You should think through before posting.

> 2533274814635636;4:
> > 2533274953123640;3:
> > I don’t understand what the poll is asking.
>
>
> Neither do I, its like he’s asking us trick questions which lead all to the same.

How do you not understand? Which is better free maps or microtransactions?

This is a very bad poll.

It’s not an either or situation. The game from what I’m hearing has some form of micro-transaction, and we’re getting free maps. WE ARE GETTING THESE. now a poll between two separate and completely dissimilar things makes no sense.

It’s obvious one is better, but we’re still getting both. What’s the point of the poll?

Now if you said

Free maps + microtransactions

Vs

Paid DLC maps + No microtransactions

THAT would make sense.
And I can already say, the community would prefer the free maps.

> 2533274811158328;7:
> This is a very bad poll.
>
> It’s not an either or situation. The game from what I’m hearing has some form of micro-transaction, and we’re getting free maps. WE ARE GETTING THESE. now a poll between two separate and completely dissimilar things makes no sense.
>
> It’s obvious one is better, but we’re still getting both. What’s the point of the poll?
>
> Now if you said
>
> Free maps + microtransactions
>
> Vs
>
> Paid DLC maps + No microtransactions
>
> THAT would make sense.
> And I can already say, the community would prefer the free maps.

Exactly.

Poll is bad, but I’d rather buy maps than have the awful infestation known as microtransactions in any game.

> 2533274954172327;9:
> Poll is bad, but I’d rather buy maps than have the awful infestation known as microtransactions in any game.

Thank you.

Free maps and microtransactions are much better. Stops the community getting split further with each dlc and lets people who want to have bells and whistles have them.

> 2706180847527328;10:
> > 2533274954172327;9:
> > Poll is bad, but I’d rather buy maps than have the awful infestation known as microtransactions in any game.
>
>
> Thank you.

You both would rather dump $30+ on maps that segregate the community and hurts the longevity of Multiplayer rather than have an OPTIONAL maybe $5 dollar microtransaction that is in no way needed to excel In it’s designated game mode? Players shouldn’t have the option to pay for cosmetics that in no way affect gameplay? That’s beyond silly to me micro’s aren’t the devil plenty of franchises have incorporated them in fair ways.

Of course the free maps are better. The multiplayer isn’t split up and if you want to waste money on cosmetic items or weapon cards for a single game mode well then, thats all on you.

> 2533274817058697;11:
> Free maps and microtransactions are much better. Stops the community getting split further with each dlc and lets people who want to have bells and whistles have them.

Exactly you don’t need anything that’s being charged for as compared to you needing the new maps to play with the community. Options never hurt anyone.

On a similar note:

Is chocolate cake better than diarrhea?

Or do you like diarrhea more than chocolate cake?

Or are both chocolate cake and diarrhea horrible?

I think what OP meant to say was “Are free maps worth it if it means the inclusion of microtransactions? Or would you rather pay for maps and not have microtransactions?”

Here’s the difference between optional MT and paid DLC.

With MT, I can decide to just play the game and unlock what I need instead, but no matter how many games I win, I will NEVER earn 3 new multiplayer maps. With MT, I have options, with paid DLC, the only option I have is “either spend another 15 bucks on this game, or miss out on more multiplayer content” which just further segregates the community.

With Halo 5, we will all spend 60 dollars and get EVERYTHING the game has to offer equally, including all additional content, without needing to invest another dime into it. That is so bloody rare these days I can’t fathom how someone could prefer the paid DLC model.

most stupid thread award goes 2…

Really hey do you want this for free or do you wanna give me money for it? yeh thats stupid end of thread.

Your “both are Horrible” choice is stupid. Why would anyone say that free maps are horrible.

> 2598952284985344;18:
> Your “both are Horrible” choice is stupid. Why would anyone say that free maps are horrible.

I don’t know, but it looks like at least someone does.

Micro-transactions in Warzone do not seem like that big of a deal. It seems like the people that are mad are anti micro-transaction in general. The fact that they’re not going to affect competitive play should be enough to chill people out. Who cares that someone might have paid for a sniper rifle when you can just play a game or two and get one yourself?

> ARE FREE MAPS BETTER THAN MICRO-TRANSACTIONS?

That’s like asking someone if they’d rather be rich than stupid.

Am I missing something? Of course free maps are better.

Depends on if micro transactions give an unfair field advantage or not. If micro transactions are all cosmetic then sure!