Are Cyclops considered infantry?

I never tested this for myself, but do things like Cyclops and Kinsano’s Cyclops take increased damage from elite rangers and snipers like other infantry do? I’d assume so since they’re trained from the infantry barracks but I never tested it.

A simple google could answer this.

UNSC Vehicles
Cyclops

First introduced in Halo Wars, the new version of the Cyclops is a tier two anti-vehicle walker with a gun on its arm. It can’t engage aircraft, but can be upgraded with shock rounds, which increase its damage. In blitz, it’s classified as weak against infantry.

> 2533274809201791;2:
> A simple google could answer this.
> Halo Wars 2 units – every Spartan, tank and Sentinel | PCGamesN
> UNSC Vehicles
> CyclopsFirst introduced in Halo Wars, the new version of the Cyclops is a tier two anti-vehicle walker with a gun on its arm. It can’t engage aircraft, but can be upgraded with shock rounds, which increase its damage. In blitz, it’s classified as weak against infantry.

What? I always assumed they actually were infantry considering they were built from the barracks. Joke’s on me I guess for being stuck in the old ways of things.

Thanks, didn’t really need the patronizing tho.

> 2533274970443394;4:
> Thanks, didn’t really need the patronizing tho.

Yes, sorry. It’s been slow at work today and I’ve noticed everyone who has any kind of problem goes directly to the forums. It’s one of those days

> 2533274881110679;3:
> > 2533274809201791;2:
> > A simple google could answer this.
> > Halo Wars 2 units – every Spartan, tank and Sentinel | PCGamesN
> > UNSC Vehicles
> > CyclopsFirst introduced in Halo Wars, the new version of the Cyclops is a tier two anti-vehicle walker with a gun on its arm. It can’t engage aircraft, but can be upgraded with shock rounds, which increase its damage. In blitz, it’s classified as weak against infantry.
>
> What? I always assumed they actually were infantry considering they were built from the barracks. Joke’s on me I guess for being stuck in the old ways of things.

Yeah I don’t get it either. marines from the main base, not barracks. And Cyclops considered a vehicle made in the barracks, and Spartan and condor made in the armory?

Technically they are classified with Hunters as heavy infantry, this is in the latest community update

> 2535409667759808;7:
> Technically they are classified with Hunters as heavy infantry, this is in the latest community update

If a sniper shoots at it… it is infantry (or a mine). Snipers do not target vehicles (or air). Snipers melt through a Cyclops.

I support tank armies with Snipers to reduce the enemy’s ability to hard counter.

Cyclops are mechanised infantry units.

> 2533274881110679;3:
> > 2533274809201791;2:
> > A simple google could answer this.
> > Halo Wars 2 units – every Spartan, tank and Sentinel | PCGamesN
> > UNSC Vehicles
> > CyclopsFirst introduced in Halo Wars, the new version of the Cyclops is a tier two anti-vehicle walker with a gun on its arm. It can’t engage aircraft, but can be upgraded with shock rounds, which increase its damage. In blitz, it’s classified as weak against infantry.
>
> What? I always assumed they actually were infantry considering they were built from the barracks. Joke’s on me I guess for being stuck in the old ways of things.

They are infantryw units

> 2663289422510355;8:
> > 2535409667759808;7:
> > Technically they are classified with Hunters as heavy infantry, this is in the latest community update
>
> If a sniper shoots at it… it is infantry (or a mine). Snipers do not target vehicles (or air). Snipers melt through a Cyclops.
>
> I support tank armies with Snipers to reduce the enemy’s ability to hard counter.

> 2533274867382575;9:
> Cyclops are mechanised infantry units.

Thank you for the clarification. My source was wrong then

> 2663289422510355;8:
> > 2535409667759808;7:
> > Technically they are classified with Hunters as heavy infantry, this is in the latest community update
>
> If a sniper shoots at it… it is infantry (or a mine). Snipers do not target vehicles (or air). Snipers melt through a Cyclops.
>
> I support tank armies with Snipers to reduce the enemy’s ability to hard counter.

Thanks for the clarification!

> 2533274809201791;2:
> A simple google could answer this.
> Halo Wars 2 units – every Spartan, tank and Sentinel | PCGamesN
>
> UNSC Vehicles
> CyclopsFirst introduced in Halo Wars, the new version of the Cyclops is a tier two anti-vehicle walker with a gun on its arm. It can’t engage aircraft, but can be upgraded with shock rounds, which increase its damage. In blitz, it’s classified as weak against infantry.

A simple google brought me to this page as the top hit. So yep, simple google search answered this.

This was an interesting read