Are custom games/forge good now?

Or are there still many gametypes/features missing from halo 3/reach forge and customs?

I honestly don’t know what to tell you man but I doubt it

> I honestly don’t know what to tell you man but I doubt it

I mean, I’ve heard of mods to make old gametypes again, but I was wondering of that was good enough to make the custom games better again.

No.

> No.

Care to elaborate?

> > No.
>
> Care to elaborate?

They haven’t improved. There are mods, technically not supposed to discuss them here, but I don’t consider those fixes.

In short, no. 343i haven’t done a single thing to improve/change Custom Games or Forge in the least bit since release. Of course, they gave us Forge Island, which is nice, but asides from that, things haven’t changed.

The Ricochet game type offers up many new forging and custom game opportunities. Check out my file share for my Ricochet-based Rocket Race variant and map :wink:

> The Ricochet game type offers up many new forging and custom game opportunities. Check out my file share for my Ricochet-based Rocket Race variant and map :wink:

Looks cool. But that doesn’t make up for all the gametypes and customization offered by reach and halo 3.

As others have said, Custom Games have not received any meaningful or notable improvements.

To the best of my knowledge, the update to add a ball explosion to Grifball has been the only update made to any existing gametypes’ script since Halo 4’s release. Forge itself has received no changes whatsoever. Bugs (in both modes) that have been known almost since the game’s release have gone unfixed, even in cases where the relevant fixes are things that the game engine is clearly capable of.

At this point, I wouldn’t expect 343i to make any major changes to Halo 4’s Custom Games or Forge. The overwhelming majority of their effort, it seems, has been focused on Matchmaking rather than any other part of the game, and it wouldn’t surprise me (or be at all unreasonable) if most of their personnel were devoted to working on future titles. Accordingly, I think the best we can hope for is for them to get it right the next time around.

> As others have said, Custom Games have not received any meaningful or notable improvements.
>
> To the best of my knowledge, the update to add a ball explosion to Grifball has been the only update made to any existing gametypes’ script since Halo 4’s release. Forge itself has received no changes whatsoever. Bugs (in both modes) that have been known almost since the game’s release have gone unfixed, even in cases where the relevant fixes are things that the game engine is clearly capable of.
>
> At this point, I wouldn’t expect 343i to make any major changes to Halo 4’s Custom Games or Forge. The overwhelming majority of their effort, it seems, has been focused on Matchmaking rather than any other part of the game, and it wouldn’t surprise me (or be at all unreasonable) if most of their personnel were devoted to working on future titles. Accordingly, I think the best we can hope for is for them to get it right the next time around.

Wow, a thread that already addresses concerns for the next halo, cool. I’ll check it out.