Are Crawler Snipes the new Jackal Snipers?

Please don’t let them be the new Jackal Snipers. Those things were… abominations, to say the least. At least, in Halo 2, they were. I can’t count how many rages those things caused.

I hope 343i, at least, makes the Crawler Snipes something less then automatic headshot machine.

Thoughts?

No, there are still Jackal Snipers with beam rifles, I’ll find a link one second!

I would go with no. To my knowledge they still use the boltshot. They just have further range than the average crawler.

Jackal snipers with beam rifles will once again be the bane of my existence on legendary…

Here’s a picture of the new jackal snipers, just scroll over to the right

https://halo.xbox.com/en-us/Universe/Detail/character-enemy-renders/421563ab-3b18-4e29-8487-3dd79b627a70#imageNumber=11

They can even surpass them cuz those jerks use the Binary Rifle!!!

They use an one shot kill Binary Rifle and they can crawl up walls and ceilings, they will be even worse! And Promethean Knights hold these snipers as well. Playing SLASO will be suicide…

I doubt 343 will resort to cheap tricks like Halo 2.

Jackal snipers in Halo 2 kept on spawning for a long time, to encourage pushing through the level. Halo 2’s boss battle with Regret and Tartarus also employed infinitely spawning enemies, which is the real reason why they can be hard. This often happens in Medal of Honor games might I add.

I feel that infinitely spawning enemies breaks immersion and is just a cheap way of stepping up difficulty.

Furthermore, such battles are often predetermined:

-Halo 2 Sacred Icon 2nd Enforcer + Sentinel Majors vs. Flood, winner: Flood (once Enforcer is gone)
-Halo 2 High Charity Brutes vs. Flood, winner: Flood
-Halo 3 The Covenant Brutes vs. Flood, winner: Flood (eventually)
-Reach LNoS marines vs. Covies, winner: Covies then marines (Pelican arrives) then Covies again

Two Betrayals didn’t have infinitely spawning enemies (just a lot of Flood) and it turned out great. Same thing with The Library. The only times in CE that there were infinitely spawning Flood was on 343 Guilty Spark, Keyes, and The Maw yet it was convincing. That is because you were in a genuine survival situation. It almost felt like a separate game mode whereas the listed battles felt like a minuscule portion of the campaign (and they were. There was really no point in participating in them). As for The Maw, blowing up the engines could be pretty intense compared to blowing up the reactors in Halo 3 which was very easy.

I feel infinitely spawning enemies and allies can often kill incentive rather than encouraging them. Playing infinitely spawning AI battles on Custom Edition gets extremely boring after a while. They’re often designed so the AI wipe each other out and trying to get involved just gets you killed.

Anyways, the Jackal snipers will probably remain nerfed. Hopefully not too much. There’s no need to kill their aim or attention like Halo 3 did. Or their damage a la ODST. Just make them more easier to spot and/or have them give off an initial warning shot (intentional miss) or a taunt. I want to feel intimidated by them. Kinda like how Predator in the film bearing the same name shows himself to some of his victims.

As for Crawler Snipe, I wish we knew more about them…

Jackal snipers are the new Jackal snipers.

Jackal snipers are the new Jackal snipers.

Uhhhhhhh… (shivers) … soooooooo muuuuuuuuuch swiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssss cheeeeeeeeese
Halo 2 legendary never again

> Uhhhhhhh… (shivers) … soooooooo muuuuuuuuuch swiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssss cheeeeeeeeese
> Halo 2 legendary never again

I cried on Outskirts

> > Uhhhhhhh… (shivers) … soooooooo muuuuuuuuuch swiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssss cheeeeeeeeese
> > Halo 2 legendary never again
>
> I cried on Outskirts

Those parts were so difficult 343 decided to name of the first missions in Spartan Ops Sniper Alley. lol

Those when Jackals could shoot you in the foot and you would die on Legendary. o.o Skill is one thing but i felt as though luck played a factor in getting past Outskirts and Metropolis.

> > > Uhhhhhhh… (shivers) … soooooooo muuuuuuuuuch swiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssss cheeeeeeeeese
> > > Halo 2 legendary never again
> >
> > I cried on Outskirts
>
> Those parts were so difficult 343 decided to name of the first missions in Spartan Ops Sniper Alley. lol
>
>
> Those when Jackals could shoot you in the foot and you would die on Legendary. o.o Skill is one thing but i felt as though luck played a factor in getting past Outskirts and Metropolis.

For me, it came down to memorizing where each jackal appeared (dying was a necessity, pretty much), and shooting at the spot there heads would appear a millisecond before they actually did.

Nightmares.

> > > > Uhhhhhhh… (shivers) … soooooooo muuuuuuuuuch swiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssss cheeeeeeeeese
> > > > Halo 2 legendary never again
> > >
> > > I cried on Outskirts
> >
> > Those parts were so difficult 343 decided to name of the first missions in Spartan Ops Sniper Alley. lol
> >
> >
> > Those when Jackals could shoot you in the foot and you would die on Legendary. o.o Skill is one thing but i felt as though luck played a factor in getting past Outskirts and Metropolis.
>
> For me, it came down to memorizing where each jackal appeared (dying was a necessity, pretty much), and shooting at the spot there heads would appear a millisecond before they actually did.
>
> Nightmares.

Oh jeezus,The nightmares.Hold me bros!!!

No,not Halo 2 legendary again,please!
XD
I think only in legendary those enemies will have 100 headshots per seconds
And the crawlers only have the bloshot but with more range

They use a Binary Rifle (Don’t believe me? Check out the Spartan Ops footage.), so they can kill you in a single shot. My guess is that they’ll be slightly frustrating, but probably have bad-ish aim to make up for the Binary Rifle.

Jackal snipers are the new Jackal snipers :slight_smile:

Finally a challenging campaign again!