Are 343 trying to make this game worse??

Who decided that BTB would be better by the addition of MORE VEHICLES, MORE OF THE TIME???

Vortex was a decent map before.
But some smart guy at 343 decided that it needed mantises, gauss hogs, and a banshee… And not only that, they respawn so quickly that they’re in operation most of the time.

Valhalla. Did it need rocket hogs?

Longbow… Did it really need more vehicles spawning?

It’s miles worse than it was. It needed some subtle tweaks, and instead it’s been pushed so far in the ACTION ACTION ACTION ACTION DEATH DESTRUCTION direction, it’s a joke!

Currently the enemy on the map I’m playing have a banshee, two mantises, ghosts, and two warthogs.

Maybe 343 thought that making vehicles so readily available they’d avoid weapon balance issues. Speaking of which, the SAW didn’t need a damage boost. At all. Nobody called for a damage boost on that weapon, it was fine before. Now it slaughters anyone who comes close.

1. vortex plays amazing now. And BTB is all about vehicles. Something that felt lacking in BTB now doesn’t.

2. The saw Pre TU did double damage of the AR and the saw post TU also does double damage of the new AR. Slaughters anyone who comes close? GOOD. Now it feels like a power weapon.

Big Team is supposed to be intense-vehicular combat.

Adding more Gauss Hogs is almost never the correct decision. Everything else I’m OK with.

BTB is a JOKE. Completely not fun now. Vehicles and weapons spawn so fast it makes my head spin. Unbelievable how many things they can mess up and CONTINUE to mess up in a game. Who asked for redesigned maps? NOBODY. They were fine before.

> Big Team is supposed to be intense-vehicular combat.

No it’s not. HEAVIES is. BTB is supposed to be Slayer but with a BIG TEAM and a couple vehicles/weapons designed for big maps.

They have flooded the game with power weapons and vehicles and this update made it a 100x worse and I’m sick to death of it.

> BTB is a JOKE. Completely not fun now. Vehicles and weapons spawn so fast it makes my head spin. Unbelievable how many things they can mess up and CONTINUE to mess up in a game. Who asked for redesigned maps? NOBODY. They were fine before.

Actually people wanted exile changed. But i’m just being a smart -Yoink-. IMO i love these new maps. I see less campy players. And vortex is now more fun. Before it was a giant fight over the middle (we already have complex and longbow for that) now you see movement everywhere.

With Halo 4, after launch a load of people I know played this game. That number has steadily dwindled to me and one friend who regularly played.

I was getting fed up of this game a month or so ago, but my friend kept on with it and kept me playing every so often. But now even he’s done with it. BTB is mostly chaotic now, it’s a fast-paced death-frenzy. The spawn-die-spawn-die Settler map sums it up. The running speeds are crazy - a few times me and an opponent charged around each other trying to punch due to the sprint speed.

So now we have BTB with ordnance drops, with more vehicles, with more powerful guns, with faster sprint speeds. And we still have active camo as an armour ability, and plasma pistols and plasma grenades in loadouts. I barely have time to get my bearings in some maps before I’m being shot at from all angles…

So tonight we pretty much gave up forever on this. None of us were having any fun (and we weren’t losing the games). He’s moved back to Battlefield. What little confidence I had in 343 has pretty much gone now - and my initial impressions of Halo 4 and 343 were great ones! The fact it’s taken six months for a weapon update to happen, plus the scatter gun approach to what they’ve tweaked and how they’ve moved the game on… It’s the opposite of what I’d wanted.

I still want to get the final avatar award from Waypoint, so I might play some grifball to reach that mark. But other than that I’m finished. Another player gone from the global population, and the liklihood of me buying Halo 5 has plumetted.

Some people leave and some came back it’s how it goes. I stopped playing for over a month and came back after the latest update. I’m actually having fun now which is something I hadn’t had in Halo 4 in a very long time.

343 STAHP “fixing” things

It seems every time they “tweak” something they make it worse. The updated maps i played felt like I was playing a heavy game type which is fine as an option NOT a replacement!

Just throwing more vehicles at maps does not fix balance issues. I have not played all of the BTB maps since the update, but I doubt I will.

Vortex was alright before, but now with a banshee and two guass hogs and two mechs, Its a joke.

Longbow use to be one of my favorites. Two guass hogs and two banshees just add more WTF moments that really damper the overall play of the map. Not to mention I had some pretty lame teammates that kept jumping in shade turrets thinking they would do something and end up getting sniped, over and over and over.

The changes listed for Ragnarok and Exile sound horrid. I dont even need to play those maps to know they are messed up.

The only map that the changes sounded like it was an improvement on was Meltdown but never got a chance to play it. After playing two games on Longbow and a vortex game I have NO desire to play more.

The addition on Slayer Pro BTB I thought was a mistake and now these changes. It has taken my favorite game type and made me not want to play the game at all!
I thought we would get some variety. tradition maps / slayer pro / these new heavy maps / maybe some objective in an even balance. That would of been great instead we get this mess we have now.

I have been playing Halo since CE and 4 really has turned me off to the entire franchise if not xbox all together. I seriously doubt I will play this game again. I might as well just play Battlefield or even turn to the dark side and play COD (thats where all my friends are anyway)

I could careless if they make a H5. Halo was the main reason I bought an xbox over another Playstation. So congrats on turning a long time fan away from the franchise if not the entire console all together!

343 is the gaming industries version of the illuminati. Moderators please dip in. I would be honored.

> With Halo 4, after launch a load of people I know played this game. That number has steadily dwindled to me and one friend who regularly played.
>
> I was getting fed up of this game a month or so ago, but my friend kept on with it and kept me playing every so often. But now even he’s done with it. BTB is mostly chaotic now, it’s a fast-paced death-frenzy. The spawn-die-spawn-die Settler map sums it up. The running speeds are crazy - a few times me and an opponent charged around each other trying to punch due to the sprint speed.
>
> So now we have BTB with ordnance drops, with more vehicles, with more powerful guns, with faster sprint speeds. And we still have active camo as an armour ability, and plasma pistols and plasma grenades in loadouts. I barely have time to get my bearings in some maps before I’m being shot at from all angles…
>
> So tonight we pretty much gave up forever on this. None of us were having any fun (and we weren’t losing the games). He’s moved back to Battlefield. What little confidence I had in 343 has pretty much gone now - and my initial impressions of Halo 4 and 343 were great ones! The fact it’s taken six months for a weapon update to happen, plus the scatter gun approach to what they’ve tweaked and how they’ve moved the game on… It’s the opposite of what I’d wanted.
>
> I still want to get the final avatar award from Waypoint, so I might play some grifball to reach that mark. But other than that I’m finished. Another player gone from the global population, and the liklihood of me buying Halo 5 has plumetted.

I don’t blame you bro. I agree with what you said - PO, crazy spawns, camo, plasma grenades, instant spawn all need to burn in hell. This game is HALF as fun as it could be without that crap.

Sorry to see sensible people like you go, but damn I don’t blame you.

> Who decided that BTB would be better by the addition of MORE VEHICLES, MORE OF THE TIME???
>
> Vortex was a decent map before.
> But some smart guy at 343 decided that it needed mantises, gauss hogs, and a banshee… And not only that, they respawn so quickly that they’re in operation most of the time.
>
> Valhalla. Did it need rocket hogs?
>
> Longbow… Did it really need more vehicles spawning?
>
> It’s miles worse than it was. It needed some subtle tweaks, and instead it’s been pushed so far in the ACTION ACTION ACTION ACTION DEATH DESTRUCTION direction, it’s a joke!
>
> Currently the enemy on the map I’m playing have a banshee, two mantises, ghosts, and two warthogs.
>
> Maybe 343 thought that making vehicles so readily available they’d avoid weapon balance issues. Speaking of which, the SAW didn’t need a damage boost. At all. Nobody called for a damage boost on that weapon, it was fine before. Now it slaughters anyone who comes close.

This is just like Halo Reach. Heavies are back with a different name.

I prefer the new vehicle placement over the old, now if I could only play on some of my favorite maps more often, I would like it even better.

Also, it would be nice to have tanks back in play.

> I prefer the new vehicle placement over the old, now if I could only play on some of my favorite maps more often, I would like it even better.
>
> Also, it would be nice to have tanks back in play.

I agree and disagree. The vehicle placement is fine, but they (and the power weapons) spawn too quickly. That should be changed. And some of the weapon spawns should be replaced by stickies. Fuel rod cannons hang around way too long because of all the ammo they have. Stickies hang around for exactly 2 throws. And yes on tanks.