Are 343 not going to rebalance anything?

I saw someone say that 343 are not going to do any rebalancing on any of the weapons in H4 - is this true?

Surely such a stance seems unnecessary, at least be open to the idea of improving the game…

I actually think H4 is brilliant for the most part, but could do with a couple of tweaks to certain weapons (DMR, Boltshot, Carbine). Nothing major, just slight alterations to the damage or firerate etc.

Why would 343 say they won’t change ANYTHING? That just seems archaic.

Because the game is balanced. Gamers will always cry about dying.

They never said they weren’t gonna balance anything. They just said the first TU were not gonna have any balance or sandbox issues addressed because they are still working on that.

Developer’s can’t just snap their fingers and balance things. It takes alot of time and work to try to figure out what works, and if they rush out something that just makes it worst, things aren’t gonna go good for anyone.

I know some things are bad but id rather wait it out, and there are some thing i rather dislike atm.

That’s fine, I just saw someone saying that 343 had said they weren’t going to alter any of the weapons or anything, which seemed absurd.

I understand these fixes aren’t easy to implement, but as long as 343 intend to give some thought to altering some of them slightly at some point, that’s good enough for me.

> Because the game is balanced. Gamers will always cry about dying.

How is the DMR balanced with the other starting weapons?

1v1, you get the Carbine, I get the Boltshot and the DMR. If you beat me, then you can call the game balanced.

The second TU is going to be for rebalancing and 343i is currently working on it.

“This game is 100% perfect out of the box”
Your joking right?

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> > Because the game is balanced. Gamers will always cry about dying.
>
> “This game is 100% perfect out of the box”
> Your joking right?

This game is a BETA. How do you all feel? I paid $400+ for a -Yoinking!- BETA. Wow, you’re so naive it hurts me.

Clearly you’re a minor. But us testers see through all the glitches and holes in the game that you do not. And if you think for 1 second that the Cruisers explosion in Spartan Ops “Shoot-out on Valhalla” was “perfect” then you need your eyes testing/face punching/shooting.

>
> 1v1, you get the Carbine, I get the Boltshot and the DMR. If you beat me, then you can call the game balanced.

wow now, i’m not saying the game is balanced but that is just uneven right there how bout you give him the plasma pistol too so he can have a nice toy for secondary and see who wins.

And i’m not saying the dmr or boltshot is balanced, or even the plasma pistol i for one thing plasma pistols should have diminishing returns for emping vehicles.

Theres supposed to be an update this january bringing fileshare and a bunch of other stuff people have been asking for (SEE THERE LISTENING!!!). In it they mentioned balanceing.

source

> > > Because the game is balanced. Gamers will always cry about dying.
> >
> > 1v1, you get the Carbine, I get the Boltshot and the DMR. If you beat me, then you can call the game balanced.
>
> wow now, i’m not saying the game is balanced but that is just uneven right there how bout you give him the plasma pistol too so he can have a nice toy for secondary and see who wins.
>
> And i’m not saying the dmr or boltshot is balanced, or even the plasma pistol i for one thing plasma pistols should have diminishing returns for emping vehicles.

Fair enough, he can have the plasma pistol if he so desires. It won’t matter though, in a 1v1 it is only good for the newb combo, and I’m already able to dodge those with ease.

>
> 1v1, you get the Carbine, I get the Boltshot and the DMR. If you beat me, then you can call the game balanced.

But him getting 1 weapon and you getting 2 isn’t balanced to begin with.

Just saying.

https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_postst160341_Poll-Halo-4-Bullet-Magnetism-Needs-Toned-Down.aspx

Balanced my -Yoink-.

> > > Because the game is balanced. Gamers will always cry about dying.
> >
> > 1v1, you get the Carbine, I get the Boltshot and the DMR. If you beat me, then you can call the game balanced.
>
> But him getting 1 weapon and you getting 2 isn’t balanced to begin with.
>
>
>
>
>
> Just saying.

He can choose any non Boltshot secondary he wants. The point is that the DMR and the Boltshot are clearly the superior loadout weapons. He wants to call the game “Balanced” then he needs to be able to prove that by beating my DMR with a Carbine. He needs to be able to prove it by beating my Boltshot with the other 2 secondaries.

He won’t be able to, and I doubt he would even accept the challenge. Deep down he knows he’s full of -Yoink-, and he knows the weapons are unbalanced, he’s just a fanboy mindlessly defending everything 343 does.

The loadout sandbox is not balanced, not even close. Now I understand that it would be very difficult to balanced a wide variety of weapons, so I give 343 some slack when they aren’t able to pull it off (Because there are constantly games released unbalanced, it isn’t that easy to do).

That being said, anybody making the claim that “The weapons are balanced” need to back up their claim.

> > > > Because the game is balanced. Gamers will always cry about dying.
> > >
> > > 1v1, you get the Carbine, I get the Boltshot and the DMR. If you beat me, then you can call the game balanced.
> >
> > But him getting 1 weapon and you getting 2 isn’t balanced to begin with.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Just saying.
>
> He can choose any non Boltshot secondary he wants. The point is that the DMR and the Boltshot are clearly the superior loadout weapons. He wants to call the game “Balanced” then he needs to be able to prove that by beating my DMR with a Carbine. He needs to be able to prove it by beating my Boltshot with the other 2 secondaries.
>
> He won’t be able to, and I doubt he would even accept the challenge. Deep down he knows he’s full of Yoink!, and he knows the weapons are unbalanced, he’s just a fanboy mindlessly defending everything 343 does.
>
> The loadout sandbox is not balanced, not even close. Now I understand that it would be very difficult to balanced a wide variety of weapons, so I give 343 some slack when they aren’t able to pull it off (Because there are constantly games released unbalanced, it isn’t that easy to do).
>
> That being said, anybody making the claim that “The weapons are balanced” need to back up their claim.

Honestly i think the guy was just trolling just saying. Majority of the people know the game isn’t exactly balanced. Even 343 knows and they are working on it. but honestly he prob just be trolling.
Take a deep breath and have some bacon

It is funny I never have a problem killing anyone with any weapon in this game. It is all about circumstance. Then Again I am from a generation that had Cartridge games that were hard to beat - Like Contra. In my Day we didn’t cry to the devs to “Fix” The game to suit our play style. We Figured out the game and beat it. No matter how many tries it took. When you ran out of lives/continues, that was it. you started over! Kids these days sheesh. /OldMan Rant

> They never said they weren’t gonna balance anything. They just said the first TU were not gonna have any balance or sandbox issues addressed because they are still working on that.
>
> Developer’s can’t just snap their fingers and balance things. It takes alot of time and work to try to figure out what works, and if they rush out something that just makes it worst, things aren’t gonna go good for anyone.
>
> I know some things are bad but id rather wait it out, and there are some thing i rather dislike atm.

^BAM!

This, 100%