Arcadia City

So, recently I bought a used copy of Halo Wars. Thought it looked cool, wanted to try it out.

Now I’m stuck on the third mission of the campaign. Can’t beat it. On NORMAL!

Help please. :3

what are you struggling at defending the ships ???

I think it is hard to denfend the first ship.You canabandon it,and try to defend the other two ships.Use more fighters.

Try to get ODST upgrade and just put them into every garrisonable cover, use the hornets + forge to defend the ships while upgrading.
Remember to use the healing on the ships if they get damaged

See, that’s the thing. I know I CAN use the healing, but I don’t know HOW.

Transport 3 will always die because its a scripted event. So ignore it completely. Defend Transport 1 and 2 or focus on 2 only because it is easier to defend.

When creating bases, focus on the base near where you started the mission. The other firebase location is right next to a Covenant base so it will be attacked constantly.

While defending the civilians is the good thing to do, they are not a necessity to win the level. You can ignore them and completely focus your units on the Transports.

To use healing, just press (I think its up) on the D-pad and it should bring up a menu

Good luck! :slight_smile:

> Try to get ODST upgrade and just put them into every garrisonable cover.

K, I don’t mean to be offensive here, but don’t do this.

Get Gauss, Reserves, and upgrade your Hornets afterwards. There’s a second base outpost that you can grab and it’s good to get it as soon as possible. Develop it quickly while spamming Hogs out and make sure to not lose your Hornets so your upgrades later will be meaningful. Once you have 15 Gauss or so, the game is ezpz.

> use the hornets + forge to defend the ships while upgrading (+ more Hogs that you build)
>
> Remember to use the healing on the ships if they get damaged

Do this.

Excellent.

Advanced upgrades like Gauss I get through the Field Armory, right?

> Excellent.
>
>
> Advanced upgrades like Gauss I get through the Field Armory, right?

Not for the hogs. Click on your base where you can build the hogs and the upgrades are right there.

> > Excellent.
> >
> >
> > Advanced upgrades like Gauss I get through the Field Armory, right?
>
> Not for the hogs. Click on your base where you can build the hogs and the upgrades are right there.

Huh. Replaces Gunner and Shotgun upgrades when I get them?

Correct

I used to have trouble on that mission too, until I started using the healing power.
Try that, and make sure you keep lots of infantry around the ships to take down the Banshees. Fill up the sniper towers with marines and jack some Banshees or Wraiths with your Spartans.

> I used to have trouble on that mission too, until I started using the healing power.
> Try that, and make sure you keep lots of infantry around the ships to take down the Banshees. Fill up the sniper towers with marines and jack some Banshees or Wraiths with your Spartans.

Hahahaha! I remember the raging I did years ago. After 5 minutes of fury, I realized that all I had to do was press up to heal the transports. I laughed like a maniac.

Trying to remember the map layout…

(Top left one gets destroyed first right?)
Don’t attempt to defend the ship that gets destroyed. Focus on fast moving units such as a scorpion and some hornets as you want to the firepower to easily tackle Wraiths/Infantry and Hornets too take them locusts and hunters down.

Just remember, as long as you can defend one of them you’re good to go. SO if you’re struggling with keeping the two alive just try to focus on one of the main 2 survivable ships.

Oh and the heals, remember to heal when ever possible.

> Try to get ODST upgrade and just put them into every garrisonable cover, use the hornets + forge to defend the ships while upgrading.
> Remember to use the healing on the ships if they get damaged

^ Best advice here. While building marines, alternate between defending cargo 1 & 2 and capturing supplies and the extra base. Heal cargo ships as needed (bring in hornets & Forge to heal at the same time). Place marines into all garrisonable cover, starting with the farthest cover from your base, and upgrade. ODST upgrade isn’t necessary but can be useful late game in defeating the mega turret on harder difficulties. This will give them stars quickly while protecting the Civie’s. I’ve used this method successfully to get Gold multiple times on Legendary.

Hogs are OK on normal, but they lack the defensive punch that garrisoned marines give on harder difficulties. Marines are the way to go, and the developers designed this level with them in mind.

> > Try to get ODST upgrade and just put them into every garrisonable cover, use the hornets + forge to defend the ships while upgrading.
> > Remember to use the healing on the ships if they get damaged
>
> ^ Best advice here. While building marines, alternate between defending cargo 1 & 2 and capturing supplies and the extra base. Heal cargo ships as needed (bring in hornets & Forge to heal at the same time). Place marines into all garrisonable cover, starting with the farthest cover from your base, and upgrade. ODST upgrade isn’t necessary but can be useful late game in defeating the mega turret on harder difficulties. This will give them stars quickly while protecting the Civie’s. I’ve used this method successfully to get Gold multiple times on Legendary.
>
> Hogs are OK on normal, but they lack the defensive punch that garrisoned marines give on harder difficulties. Marines are the way to go, and the developers designed this level with them in mind.

Why did you reply to this? I’m pretty sure after 9 months he’d have completed it.