Arcade firefight is boring

so I was playing some arcade firefight in match making and I was the only one doing a different loadout rather then a full rod spree

I don’t get why when arcade firefight comes out everyone pick the boring classes, yes the rocket launcher is fun but its like cake, you have a little bit and it awesome and great but if you have far too much it becomes stale and wares on you and at the end you dont even wanna look at it. So why do so many Halo: reach players decide to make the game so BORING!

oddly enough I was talking about this with one of my friends at the weekend, and saying there should be FF options where there are no heavy weapons, forcing people to use other things, like needle rife/needler or DMR etc. But whilst there is an option to use heavy weapons, its pointless trying to use anything else.

People choose it for the simple fact that it is easy mode. You get a Jetpack and an easily-spammable explosive weapon in the first loadout slot. Players are able to play like complete idiots due to infinite lives, so you literally cannot lose.

I use the pro- pipe now. It can keep up with the fuel rod spammers and it’s fun to use. There’s some skill to it like ground bouncing and bank shots so there’s some entertainment to be had with it. I personally think they should add a new game type like limited only a arcade version without any rockets and fuel rods. Maybe in 2013.

> oddly enough I was talking about this with one of my friends at the weekend, and saying there should be FF options where there are no heavy weapons, forcing people to use other things, like needle rife/needler or DMR etc. But whilst there is an option to use heavy weapons, its pointless trying to use anything else.

Yeah, that’s called FF Limited.

> I use the pro- pipe now. It can keep up with the fuel rod spammers and it’s fun to use. There’s some skill to it like ground bouncing and bank shots so there’s some entertainment to be had with it. I personally think they should add a new game type like limited only a arcade version without any rockets and fuel rods. Maybe in 2013.

I use it often in my games for assists. When that jet-packing n00b wants to rush in and get the first killamanjaro, I stay back, EMP the enemies by the masses and earn about 60 assists minimum per game. Easy.

> > oddly enough I was talking about this with one of my friends at the weekend, and saying there should be FF options where there are no heavy weapons, forcing people to use other things, like needle rife/needler or DMR etc. But whilst there is an option to use heavy weapons, its pointless trying to use anything else.
>
> Yeah, that’s called FF Limited.

Problem is no one votes for it. Or when they do it’s to grief the other players. It’s a shame fiesta fight is always overlooked because its fun to fight with such odd arrangements.

I had the best game of FF Limited last Thursday. Me and three randoms who were -Yoinking!- off with their votes, I selected Limited and BAM - got it. Not more than 2 minutes into the first round all three of them just quit.

Usually people like this will expend all of your lives before they quit, but not this time. Had fun holding off an entire Covenant armada all by myself.

I have to tell you and i agree with almost everyone here, Arcade Firfight is selected a lot because its easy. However, FF Limited, I wish it was like the FF from ODST. For some reason it seems like the one from Reach is harder than the one in ODST.

I tried the Jetpack and Sprint Loadout but it’s really boring after a while. Now I just stick with active Camo and the Sniper. I rarely even die considering I always hide and use Active Camo when I shoot to make sure the Covenant just focus on those Fuel Rod people who makes it hard to snipe…

Everyone, for all those who have fully completed the commedations for Firefight, then i understand it gets boring. I have completed all the easy stuff, but i agree its boring.

Edit

Agreed most players will go with frg or rockets but they are not unbeatable.

Arcadefight is only as boring as you make it. I use a sniper rifle and I am regularly top player with no deaths.

It makes you super fast on the trigger and on aiming because you have to aim and fire before a rocket hits a group of covies.
Its fun actually to up the stakes like that and still be top player.

Although most people hate me for being top player never dieing and because of my rank.
Reach has attracted some real idiots and if I kill everything Im wrong and if I leave enemies for players to kill and they die Im also wrong…lol.

I will agree though its nice when you get a good game and you dont have some little piece of yoink with a very small yoink firing his frg or rocket at you the entire game. These type of people are pathetic and you know who you are.

Easy credits is why, rockets or frg with jetpack, you can’t lose, unless you don’t ease down from a full jetpack burst. After maxing 11/15 firefight commendations, with the only weapon comm being vehicluar I don’t have any reason to not choose the most overpowered option. Assists come in time, unless I use the pro pipe, and 6500 vehicle kills is not worth paining through.

BOOM.

Actually easy credits is wrong credits for kills yes but in rocket fight the payout from game completition is lower as the game is over quicker. The same goes if everyone uses rockets in arcadefight you get a lower payout.
You can actually get more credits from a sniper if you get headshots as a headshot is worth more than a body kill.

I personally despise high rank players that use rockets it shows zero skill to see an inheritor kill him or herself in the very start of a game just to have a jetpack and rocket.

The get load commendation is one of the 1st you will ever onyx so apart from anything it pays not to always use a rocket.
As for assists the sniper always wins and I will regularly get second gun man medals in firefight.

If you want vehicle kills just pick grunt firefight beachhead put the hog by the cliff edge on the right hand side and you can easily get 120 kills per game and zero deaths.

I get your point, though I do sometimes go for the rocket launcher. My personal favorite is the energy sword/plasma launcher/ hologram combo. More than once I’ve gotten top rank with the sword as my primary. Granted, I tend to play Firefight because I’m not a top player (I have a life) and I don’t want to bring my team down. Besides, there is something truly -Yoink!- about taking a hunter down with a melee weapon.

if it’s boring then maybe play some anni ff, ive noticed most people use different load outs in that playlist compared to the same ol FR/Jetpack

A buddy and me usually use the plasma launcher and sword, the hologram freaks out the elites and its funny to watch

I only bother with arcade firefight for the weekly challenges i honestly find it more of a chore unless the mode has a sniper loadout

> 2535431551361559;17:
> I only bother with arcade firefight for the weekly challenges i honestly find it more of a chore unless the mode has a sniper loadout

Don’t revive <mark>9 year old</mark> topics please