Arbiter's role in #HuntTheTruth.

Going back to some trailers and terminals from Halo MCC I noticed this:

(Video : https://youtu.be/Q-PtjomjQ-Y )

“I have had many names in this long war. The humans knew me as the destroyer. To the Covenant, I was Supreme Commander. The Prophets named me Arbiter. And your Master Chief calls me Friend (I.E. speaking after Halo 3 events for sure). How well do you know your friend, human. And what will you call me when you learn the truth of what I have done.”

I don’t know if there is some relation between Hunt the Truth and this old terminal, but it sure catched my eye.
Thoughts ? Have I completely missed something that he, the arbiter, is refering to with this quote or anything else ?

Discuss !

It is possible that the statement, ‘And what will call me when you learn the truth of what I have done’ seems to be a form of antagonym in which the statement is a representation of the millions if not billions of humans that arby has killed and the millions or billions that following chief has allowed him to be a part of saving, this maybe synonymous with an indirect question to chief as he has saved billions; as this is the truth of what he has done, or even possibly this is the truth ONI and it’s insidious constituents that relish on what the truth has allowed them to get away with. And boy, ONI is a representation of the dark side of the UNSC…

Sounds like he’s talking to Chief, admitting what he’s done to millions of humans and planets/colonies such as the glassing of Reach. Perhaps Chief didn’t know about the Arbiters past and will think of him differently in Halo 5?

And this is perfectly synonymous because if you remember correctly, the arbiter had to go through a freakily revitalising epiphany kindled by the grave mind in order to understand the truth behind the accepted truth, and this destroyed his legacy with the covenant (UNSC foreshadowing…), hence the heavily damaged statue in the master chief trailer, as he no longer sees honour in his actions. In comparison to locke’s trailer in which the statue is pristine as the UNSC attempt to maintain the glory of master chief’s legacy and yet seemingly attempt to kill him. This is noticeably identical to the legacy of the arbiters after the arbiter Fal 'Chavamee’s death in which the dishonoured the elite hierarchy become the great arbiter to go on a suicide mission which is done covertly.

> 2533274832804018;4:
> And this is perfectly synonymous because if you remember correctly, the arbiter had to go through a freakily revitalising epiphany kindled by the grave mind in order to understand the truth behind the accepted truth, and this destroyed his legacy with the covenant (UNSC foreshadowing…), hence the heavily damaged statue in the master chief trailer, as he no longer sees honour in his actions. In comparison to locke’s trailer in which the statue is pristine as the UNSC attempt to maintain the glory of master chief’s legacy and yet seemingly attempt to kill him. This is noticeably identical to the legacy of the arbiters after the arbiter Fal 'Chavamee’s death in which the dishonoured the elite hierarchy become the great arbiter to go on a suicide mission which is done covertly.

You’ll also notice that in the trailer, when chief is leaning on the statue and lockes pistol is pointed at him, you can visibly notice, The honour and duty above all, 343i has done this to metaphorically express lockes belief in the justice he will bring by metaphorically ending chief (the concept of the trailer is lockes belief in the end game) and as honour and duty above all faces locke, it is inevitably his belief in ending chief, just as Tartarus’s belief in activating the halo rings (which was obviously the wrong thing to attempt to do). You’ll notice chief is leaning on the statue during the visibility of duty and honour above all, this may be interpreted as the injustice that has been exerted upon chief. In the master chief trailer you’ll notice that you can barely read out the duty and honour above all as chief points the gun at locke, you must understand that the statement is testament to chief in honour of him but now his sins that he has now come to terms with and so there is no ‘duty and honour above all’ in killing locke but as locke is leaning on the statue their is no ‘duty and honour above all’ in his action, thus he has fallen.

I don’t think it has anything to do with the past events in Arbiter’s life that we are currently aware of. It’s foolish to think that the Chief or Locke didn’t know the Arbiter’s history with the Covenant, considering he was their supreme commander of their military. In fact, if you watched all the terminal videos from Halo 2 anniversary, you would know that during the Human/Covenant war, Locke was an investigator for ONI and did a profile on Thel Vadame, outlining the many campaigns he carried out against the humans and the billions of lives he had taken prior to the events of Halo 2 (including the glassing of Reach). It’s more likely that the Arbiter’s words “what will you call me when you learn the truth of what I have done?” are reference to something that Arbiter has done in the present timeline, between Halo 4 and Halo 5 that is yet to be revealed.

> 2533274892061674;6:
> I don’t think it has anything to do with the past events in Arbiter’s life that we are currently aware of. It’s foolish to think that the Chief or Locke didn’t know the Arbiter’s history with the Vovenant, considering he was their supreme commander of their military. In fact, if you watched all the terminal videos from Halo 2 anniversary, you would know that during the Human/Covenant war, Locke was an investigator for ONI and did a profile on Thel Vadame, outlining the many campaigns he carried out against the humans and the billions of lives he had taken prior to the events of Halo 2. It’s more likely that the Arbiter’s words “what will you call me when you learn the truth of what I have done?” are reference to something that Arbiter has done in the present timeline, between Halo 4 and Halo 5 that is yet to be revealed.

Well in between the games, the Arbiter returned to Sangheilios to unite the Sangheli and form a true peace with the humans and this sparked civil outbursts and war. UNSC even assisted the Arbiter on Sangheilios. I would go into detail a bit more, but I simply think the Arbiter has not done anything drastic against humanity in the meanwhile

> 2533274886883888;7:
> > 2533274892061674;6:
> > I don’t think it has anything to do with the past events in Arbiter’s life that we are currently aware of. It’s foolish to think that the Chief or Locke didn’t know the Arbiter’s history with the Vovenant, considering he was their supreme commander of their military. In fact, if you watched all the terminal videos from Halo 2 anniversary, you would know that during the Human/Covenant war, Locke was an investigator for ONI and did a profile on Thel Vadame, outlining the many campaigns he carried out against the humans and the billions of lives he had taken prior to the events of Halo 2. It’s more likely that the Arbiter’s words “what will you call me when you learn the truth of what I have done?” are reference to something that Arbiter has done in the present timeline, between Halo 4 and Halo 5 that is yet to be revealed.
>
>
> Well in between the games, the Arbiter returned to Sangheilios to unite the Sangheli and form a true peace with the humans and this sparked civil outbursts and war. UNSC even assisted the Arbiter on Sangheilios. I would go into detail a bit more, but I simply think the Arbiter has not done anything drastic against humanity in the meanwhile

I don’t think purposefully he has, but it’s possible that the chemical that can kill humans mentioned in Nightfall comes back to the forefront, or perhaps he knows the location of Chief and is aiding him, or maybe he inadvertently -Yoink!- or empowers an enemy somehow. There are a number of situations that Arbiter could have done something bad by mistake through poor judgment or in desperation. Who knows? I’m just throwing possible ideas out there. It’s less likely that he was referring to anything prior to the events in Halo 2, as Locke and Chief were already seemingly experts on his background as indicated in the terminal videos.

> 2533274892061674;6:
> I don’t think it has anything to do with the past events in Arbiter’s life that we are currently aware of. It’s foolish to think that the Chief or Locke didn’t know the Arbiter’s history with the Covenant, considering he was their supreme commander of their military. In fact, if you watched all the terminal videos from Halo 2 anniversary, you would know that during the Human/Covenant war, Locke was an investigator for ONI and did a profile on Thel Vadame, outlining the many campaigns he carried out against the humans and the billions of lives he had taken prior to the events of Halo 2 (including the glassing of Reach). It’s more likely that the Arbiter’s words “what will you call me when you learn the truth of what I have done?” are reference to something that Arbiter has done in the present timeline, between Halo 4 and Halo 5 that is yet to be revealed.

Again, you have disregarded the fact that the extent of the devastation expressed in greater detail is in the books and lore than it is in the terminals though this is not the bulk of what is being said. I had expressed that the essence of the current situation is synonymous with the structure and concept of halo 2 and how this is related directly to the concept of truth behind truth, and how this correlates with legacy and the metaphorical representations of this in the 2 hunt the truth trailers. What you say is partially true (may denote future un-logged action, though not all of his activities in relation to the human-covenant war are known) , but the concept of his revival from the truth is what makes the statement interesting, yes, there may be a present expression for his actions between halo 4 and 5 though the books and lore do not depict anything that he has done that is unjust, in fact the light has been shining on ONI for the last 3 years in this regard. Infact the statement by arbiter prior to the one being discussed was ‘how well do you know your friend, human…’ this is in essence an auto-antonym which both describes himself and the chief,again, prior to this statement he makes sure to denote chief as a friend in order to express the reference in his successive statement (“the one prior to this statement: 'Your master chief calls me friend”), and so he is denoting past actions, hence the ‘seeds of our future is sown in his past’, and as it is synonymous, it refers to his past as well. As he references chiefs past as action to counterpart the extent of devastation he had done on his own. Through the cleaver use of the word ‘friend’ that creates the successive synchronous expressions.

> 2533274832804018;9:
> > 2533274892061674;6:
> > I don’t think it has anything to do with the past events in Arbiter’s life that we are currently aware of. It’s foolish to think that the Chief or Locke didn’t know the Arbiter’s history with the Covenant, considering he was their supreme commander of their military. In fact, if you watched all the terminal videos from Halo 2 anniversary, you would know that during the Human/Covenant war, Locke was an investigator for ONI and did a profile on Thel Vadame, outlining the many campaigns he carried out against the humans and the billions of lives he had taken prior to the events of Halo 2 (including the glassing of Reach). It’s more likely that the Arbiter’s words “what will you call me when you learn the truth of what I have done?” are reference to something that Arbiter has done in the present timeline, between Halo 4 and Halo 5 that is yet to be revealed.
>
>
> Again, you have disregarded the fact that the extent of the devastation expressed in greater detail is in the books and lore than it is in the terminals though this is not the bulk of what is being said. I had expressed that the essence of the current situation is synonymous with the structure and concept of halo 2 and how this is related directly to the concept of truth behind truth, and how this correlates with legacy and the metaphorical representations of this in the 2 hunt the truth trailers. What you say is partially true (may denote future un-logged action, though not all of his activities in relation to the human-covenant war are known) , but the concept of his revival from the truth is what makes the statement interesting, yes, there may be a present expression for his actions between halo 4 and 5 though the books and lore do not depict anything that he has done that is unjust, in fact the light has been shining on ONI for the last 3 years in this regard. Infact the statement by arbiter prior to the one being discussed was ‘how well do you know your friend, human…’ this is in essence an auto-antonym which both describes himself and the chief,again, prior to this statement he makes sure to denote chief as a friend in order to express the reference in his successive statement, and so he is denoting past actions, hence the ‘seeds of our future is sown in his past’, and as it is synonymous, it refers to his past as well.

You lost me.

> 2533274892061674;10:
> > 2533274832804018;9:
> > > 2533274892061674;6:
> > > I don’t think it has anything to do with the past events in Arbiter’s life that we are currently aware of. It’s foolish to think that the Chief or Locke didn’t know the Arbiter’s history with the Covenant, considering he was their supreme commander of their military. In fact, if you watched all the terminal videos from Halo 2 anniversary, you would know that during the Human/Covenant war, Locke was an investigator for ONI and did a profile on Thel Vadame, outlining the many campaigns he carried out against the humans and the billions of lives he had taken prior to the events of Halo 2 (including the glassing of Reach). It’s more likely that the Arbiter’s words “what will you call me when you learn the truth of what I have done?” are reference to something that Arbiter has done in the present timeline, between Halo 4 and Halo 5 that is yet to be revealed.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Again, you have disregarded the fact that the extent of the devastation expressed in greater detail is in the books and lore than it is in the terminals though this is not the bulk of what is being said. I had expressed that the essence of the current situation is synonymous with the structure and concept of halo 2 and how this is related directly to the concept of truth behind truth, and how this correlates with legacy and the metaphorical representations of this in the 2 hunt the truth trailers. What you say is partially true (may denote future un-logged action, though not all of his activities in relation to the human-covenant war are known) , but the concept of his revival from the truth is what makes the statement interesting, yes, there may be a present expression for his actions between halo 4 and 5 though the books and lore do not depict anything that he has done that is unjust, in fact the light has been shining on ONI for the last 3 years in this regard. Infact the statement by arbiter prior to the one being discussed was ‘how well do you know your friend, human…’ this is in essence an auto-antonym which both describes himself and the chief,again, prior to this statement he makes sure to denote chief as a friend in order to express the reference in his successive statement, and so he is denoting past actions, hence the ‘seeds of our future is sown in his past’, and as it is synonymous, it refers to his past as well.
>
>
>
> You lost me.

Where?

Quite forums entice and yet sooth the wise mind…

Quite forums entice and yet sooth the wise mind…

Quite forums entice and yet sooth the wise mind…

Again, you have disregarded the fact that the extent of the devastation expressed in greater detail is in the books and lore than it is in the terminals though this is not the bulk of what is being said. I had expressed that the essence of the current situation is synonymous with the structure and concept of halo 2 and how this is related directly to the concept of truth behind truth, and how this correlates with legacy and the metaphorical representations of this in the 2 hunt the truth trailers. What you say is partially true (may denote future un-logged action, though not all of his activities in relation to the human-covenant war are known) , but the concept of his revival from the truth is what makes the statement interesting, yes, there may be a present expression for his actions between halo 4 and 5 though the books and lore do not depict anything that he has done that is unjust, in fact the light has been shining on ONI for the last 3 years in this regard. Infact the statement by arbiter prior to the one being discussed was ‘how well do you know your friend, human…’ this is in essence an auto-antonym which both describes himself and the chief,again, prior to this statement he makes sure to denote chief as a friend in order to express the reference in his successive statement (“the one prior to this statement: 'Your master chief calls me friend”), and so he is denoting past actions, hence the ‘seeds of our future is sown in his past’, and as it is synonymous, it refers to his past (thel vadame) as well. As he references chiefs past as action to counterpart the extent of devastation he had done on his own. Through the cleaver use of the word ‘friend’ that creates the successive synchronous expressions.

Quite forums entice and yet sooth the wise mind…