Arbiter's role in Halo 5 and possible playability

As we all know Arbiter is back and it seems he has an important role within the story of Halo 5 Guardians. From what we’ve seen and heard it seems like the story will mainly be set on sanghelios, home world of the elites, and of course Arbiter has been aware of the events of Halo 4 as well as dealing with is great adversary Jul Mdama (who’s been confirmed to be in the game). With H2A giving us insight into the history of the Arbiters through terminals as well as how H2A served as a flashback of the Arbiter before going into battle with Locke it seems he does have a significant role in this game. Now this begs the question if he will be playable again. In my opinion i think he will be secretly playable in halo 5’s story. There are many possibilities and plus Arbiter does have a team of elites which were shown both in H2A cutscenes and a bit of the campaign demo from E3 so squad commanding would exist and this can lead to 4 players playing as the arbiter and 3 members of the swords of sanghelios. I can see this definitely happening and it seems 343 still has a ton of things hidden from us that haven’t been shown in E3. What do you all think?

That would be cool

If they did they would have put more care into designing the members of his team. Right now they’re all just in red storm armor.

Anyone expecting to play Arby is highly likely setting themselves up for disapointment.

It’d be cool, but I’m pretty sure this would fall into the already confirmed “no playable elites” category.

Plus the “Spartan” abilities would have to be reworked or cut - and the game is built around them.

Would love to be wrong.

He may have an important role in the story, but that doesn’t mean he’ll be playable. He’ll probably just be by your side like in Halo 3.

Playing as Arby and being able to command his Swords of Sanghelios would be pretty cool, though.

More than likely, it’s not playable. They told you that Elites are not playable. What is Arbiter? Elite. Sorry to tell you, it’s not happening.

> 2533274938678576;6:
> More than likely, it’s not playable. They told you that Elites are not playable. What is Arbiter? Elite. Sorry to tell you, it’s not happening.

You do know whoever said that keeps misunderstanding 343 that’s what other people say

> 2533274809860074;4:
> It’d be cool, but I’m pretty sure this would fall into the already confirmed “no playable elites” category.
>
> Plus the “Spartan” abilities would have to be reworked or cut - and the game is built around them.
>
> Would love to be wrong.

I agree. Perhaps they should consider elites as dlc and maybe make extra story missions where you can play as Arbiter or better yet… Elite ops

I personally like this idea, but the problem is that 343i is most likely not going to do it. It has potential, but not a high chance of actually being playable.

Good idea, but I can almost guarantee we won’t be able to play as him. I would be happy to be wrong, but I think he will only be a team mate.

Remember, there is already 8 playable characters in this game and no playable elites online. We also don’t know how much of the story is actually on Sanghelios as the art work they have released show numerous other locations that seem to suggest the game will move around quite a bit.

I don’t think we will play as him because Elites don’t fit Spartan Abilities… :confused:

> 2533274892367695;11:
> I don’t think we will play as him because Elites don’t fit Spartan Abilities… :confused:

Well you never know there is still a possibility.

> 2535472193210537;9:
> I personally like this idea, but the problem is that 343i is most likely not going to do it. It has potential, but not a high chance of actually being playable.

I guess it all depends on the community feedback so far people want him playable as well as elites online.