Arbiter's Return Proof of Elites in MM?

The Arbiter returns in Halo escalation, people have been asking for him for a while and 343 complied. Do you think that 343 having elites and humans working together be a sign of elites in Halo 5 multiplayer?

So because they appeared in a graphic novel, they’ll appear in matchmaking? That’s a pretty farfetched connection.

> So because they appeared in a graphic novel, they’ll appear in matchmaking? That’s a pretty farfetched connection.

Well 343 has included the books a lot more in Halo 4 so it may influence Halo 5. It also showed humans working with elites, so they may train with them as well (war games)

> So because they appeared in a graphic novel, they’ll appear in matchmaking? That’s a pretty far-fetched connection.

Agreed. The problem with making assumptions such as this is that if you’re wrong, the level of disappointment is usually higher than otherwise.
Assume nothing until 343 has detailed it.

Then by your logic wouldn’t have the elites been in Halo 4 MM since Thel did appear in Glasslands, which came out before Halo 4.

I wouldn’t make such a big assumption.

Idk. I’m not putting it out of the equation, but doubtful playable Elites will return…

> So because they appeared in a graphic novel, they’ll appear in matchmaking? That’s a pretty farfetched connection.

Actually it’s not far fetched if we go by the facts in-game since we already know at the end of Halo 3 that there’s a human-covenant alliance, in Halo 4 we already know that the forces that fight the chief aren’t the Covenant but a ‘splinter-cell’ faction called the ‘Storm’ so it’s safe to say that not all the Covenant joined the Storm, that the alliance is still there and there’s is no other information to say differently.

It be no different to the Rebel faction attacking the Covenant or the Storm because the Rebels aren’t part of the UNSC so they probably wouldn’t fall into the alliance or they might be default while the Storm or the Rebels would ignore the peace treaty made by the Covenant/Unsc.

Not to mention we have a thread with 400+ pages so I think 343 has heard the elite community to say the least.

If Elites will be playable in Halo Xbox One multiplayer, it won’t be because the Arbiter was in Escalation. Just because a race appears in a graphic novel doesn’t mean it will be playable in multiplayer. The two are completely unrelated.

> > So because they appeared in a graphic novel, they’ll appear in matchmaking? That’s a pretty farfetched connection.
>
> Well 343 has included the books a lot more in Halo 4 so it may influence Halo 5. It also showed humans working with elites, so they may train with them as well (war games)

And the Brutes too, which personally I liked. For once humanity is not on its own and some really good story telling can begin, also I’m really into this alliance of races idea.

> > > So because they appeared in a graphic novel, they’ll appear in matchmaking? That’s a pretty farfetched connection.
> >
> > Well 343 has included the books a lot more in Halo 4 so it may influence Halo 5. It also showed humans working with elites, so they may train with them as well (war games)
>
> And the Brutes too, which personally I liked. For once humanity is not on its own and some really good story telling can begin, <mark>also I’m really into this alliance of races idea.</mark>

Gonna have to if the Flood is bad enough.

I wouldn’t say that Arbiter specifically is proof but based on what I’ve seen and heard about Escalation 343 have left some pretty big hints.

343 going through the trouble of putting in Halo 3 Elite armor worn by Thel’s men.

There being an Invasion mode in War games.

This Invasion mode having Elites in it.

Both the Arbiter and his men appear to have eye lenses that look as if they would be customizable just like Spartan visors.

They didn’t have to put any of that in the comic but they did.

> I wouldn’t say that Arbiter specifically is proof but based on what I’ve seen and heard about Escalation 343 have left some pretty big hints.
>
> 343 going through the trouble of putting in Halo 3 Elite armor worn by Thel’s men.
>
> There being an Invasion mode in War games.
>
> This Invasion mode having Elites in it.
>
> Both the Arbiter and his men appear to have eye lenses that look as if they would be customizable just like Spartan visors.
>
> They didn’t have to put any of that in the comic but they did.

Also I hear that they mentioned Elite AI in War Games…other than Invasion(I hope that we can play as them!)