AR Starts doesn't work with 85% bloom

Once the other team has the DMRs and Needle Rifles, you might as well just quit because your pistol isn’t going to win you ANY battles.

Either buff the pistol to match the DMR and NR’s killtimes or just remove AR starts from Squad Slayer completely.

LOL

Weren’t people always advocating AR starts back in Halo 3?

This is no different. That is why we should have a weapon that you can defend yourself off spawn with.

The AR being so weak just makes matters worse.

You want a 1sec kill weapon to be decreased to 1.6 and 2 seconds of kill time?
That does not make sense.

Each weapon has an effectual range. The Pistol is a great friend on maps like Countdown and Sword Base. However on maps like Boardwalk and even Reflection, the Pistol looses a lot of its usefulness to the longer corridors and unavoidable large open areas.

One might say skill comes from learning those ranges and how to exploit them. Others would say “just give me a precision weapon that never misses and I’ll be fine.”

There is no wrong.

> You want a 1sec kill weapon to be decreased to 1.6 and 2 seconds of kill time?
> That does not make sense.
>
> Each weapon has an effectual range. The Pistol is a great friend on maps like Countdown and Sword Base. However on maps like Boardwalk and even Reflection, the Pistol looses a lot of its usefulness to the longer corridors and unavoidable large open areas.
>
> One might say skill comes from learning those ranges and how to exploit them. Others would say “just give me a precision weapon that never misses and I’ll be fine.”
>
> There is no wrong.

The pistol’s killtimes are high at a range. You have to pace your shots if you want to hit anything. An 85% Bloom DMR will destroy you before you even get 3 shots off. This isn’t really an issue in DMR starts, but when you have AR starts and the other team gets a hold of the DMRs you might as well just stop playing.

<mark>Timeout!</mark>

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are right back to the exact same issue we have been debating for quite some time. All automatic weapons, with exception to the Needler, cannot compete on par with the rest of Halo’s sandbox in the majority of gametypes (85% bloom or not). They are either lacking in effectiveness and/or uniqueness to warrant much successful usage. For all of our benefit, I am going to list a few solutions to this mess below. Feel free to discuss them as you wish or add your own.

• Increase the damage output and/or magazine capacity of the AR. - Lower the rate of fire and/or magazine capacity of the DMR. - Add a subtle damage increase to the entire sandbox (110%?). - Remove AR spawns. - Remove DMR spawns.
    -Always Hope

I’m confused by the implication that AR starts ever worked…

But seriously, if they’re gonna have AR starts, they need to remove the NR and DMR from the maps, ideally replacing them all with pistols so there’s a reasonable amount of ammo for the (not) herp-derp starting weapon.

I think they should leave the Ar starts. Some people enjoy the pistol and i love it. Its easy to bate trap some one who is trying to get heavy weapon on sword base and reflection with the pistol and a grenade. Taking the precision weapons out would make power weapons super broken.

ARs= Just drop the shields and melee. Rinse and repeat.

Really, that’s the best way to use the gun and get more than enough kills. Those weak 32 rounds usually aren’t strong enough unless every single one hits the target.

Of course, if it’s medium range the DMR/NR beats the AR except at really close range. There are more variables to consider than that but i agree, AR needs a buff. More bullets or damage scaled to keep the gun relevant to the precision weapons.

Or simply remove it from SS.

Then you got the pistol. It’s useful when the random spread and bloom don’t screw you over, which is most of the time. Even at close range, this thing has failed to get headshots on both default and anniversary settings. Still, it’s good when it works. :stuck_out_tongue:

You can always burst shot if you are good enough with the Ar, Does a lot more damage and whip your pistol out to finish the job at mid-far range.

I agree about the is pistols bloom. Works most of the time even up close.

> I think they should leave the Ar starts. Some people enjoy the pistol and i love it. Its easy to bate trap some one who is trying to get heavy weapon on sword base and reflection with the pistol and a grenade. Taking the precision weapons out would make power weapons super broken.

I think you could take care of power weapons by limiting their ammo to what it is in doubles or similar. You definitely don’t need 12 rounds in a sniper for it to be a useful power weapon on AR-only.

> I’m confused by the implication that AR starts ever worked…

Too true. 85% Bloom just makes the issue so much worse.

> But seriously, if they’re gonna have AR starts, they need to remove the NR and DMR from the maps, ideally replacing them all with pistols so there’s a reasonable amount of ammo for the (not) herp-derp starting weapon.

This.

I think that NRs need to be taken out of all gametypes except Elite gametypes. The AR always needed a boost to damage though, so that’s the only thing I’d advise.

> ARs= Just drop the shields and melee. Rinse and repeat.
>
> Really, that’s the best way to use the gun and get more than enough kills. Those weak 32 rounds usually aren’t strong enough unless every single one hits the target.
>
> Of course, if it’s medium range the DMR/NR beats the AR except at really close range. There are more variables to consider than that but i agree, AR needs a buff. More bullets or damage scaled to keep the gun relevant to the precision weapons.
>
>
> Or simply remove it from SS.
>
>
> Then you got the pistol. It’s useful when the random spread and bloom don’t screw you over, which is most of the time. Even at close range, this thing has failed to get headshots on both default and anniversary settings. Still, it’s good when it works. :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s how I always used the AR in Halo 3. It was way more effective that way. In Reach, though, I just can’t find a good balance between spraying and bursting to kill faster than the precision weapons.

The pistol is godly in the Anniversary CE pistol games, but the spread is still too large to keep up with the DMR at mid range.

The AR’s spread needs to be included in the TU with the precision weapons. It’s just too inaccurate and weak right now.

> <mark>Timeout!</mark>
>
> Ladies and Gentlemen, we are right back to the exact same issue we have been debating for quite some time. All automatic weapons, with exception to the Needler, cannot compete on par with the rest of Halo’s sandbox in the majority of gametypes (85% bloom or not). They are either lacking in effectiveness and/or uniqueness to warrant much successful usage. For all of our benefit, I am going to list a few solutions to this mess below. Feel free to discuss them as you wish or add your own.
>
> - Increase the damage output and/or magazine capacity of the AR. - Lower the rate of fire and/or magazine capacity of the DMR. - Add a subtle damage increase to the entire sandbox (110%?). - Remove AR spawns. - Remove DMR spawns.
> -Always Hope

THIS man get’s it.

I have been saying this all along:

Reach, to begin with, had the best AR balence yet, it actually was BETTER than the medium long range marksman’s rifles where it was supposed to be.

the reduced bloom makes the semi autos massivly overpowered as they had been in past games.

> <mark>Timeout!</mark>
>
> Ladies and Gentlemen, we are right back to the exact same issue we have been debating for quite some time. All automatic weapons, with exception to the Needler, cannot compete on par with the rest of Halo’s sandbox in the majority of gametypes (85% bloom or not). They are either lacking in effectiveness and/or uniqueness to warrant much successful usage. For all of our benefit, I am going to list a few solutions to this mess below. Feel free to discuss them as you wish or add your own.
>
> - Increase the damage output and/or magazine capacity of the AR. - Lower the rate of fire and/or magazine capacity of the DMR. - Add a subtle damage increase to the entire sandbox (110%?). - Remove AR spawns. - Remove DMR spawns.
> -Always Hope

Yeah, this. Personally I would love if they slightly lowered the max RoF on the DMR but I don’t see that happening.

Putting AR to 110% damage is really the quickest/easiest viable fix.

They were worthless with 100 bloom too.

Seriously its been a nerf gun since the launch of this game.

Or return it back to Vanilla playlist.

Playlist 1: Vanilla Reach
Playlist 2: ZB Reach

The pistol doesn’t need a buff. The AR does.

Reach = 18 shot kill
Halo 3 = 16 shot kill

The damn thing can’t even get two kills in a clip. Why does one of the spawn weapons have the potential for 3 kills in a clip and the other two can’t even get two.

343, I wish you would pay more attention to Halo’s original Rifle.

You’re complaining because the other team got the DMRs and needle rifles… How did this happen? You had the same change to get the dmr/needle rifle as they did, if you lose control over the weapons that’s your fault.

No need to buff anything except the AR like forces said.