AR starts and BR starts

i think halo infinite should have a auto slayer and a precision slayer playlists that would be separate like mcc and for competitive they could use hcs rules but for normal unranked play separate playlists for people who want br starts and people who want ar starts.

> 2535447330638901;1:
> i think halo infinite should have a auto slayer and a precision slayer playlists that would be separate like mcc and for competitive they could use hcs rules but for normal unranked play separate playlists for people who want br starts and people who want ar starts.

I get what you’re going for here and they’ve tried this.

I think they can save themselves a ton of trouble and headache by only having ranked gameplay and making both the AR and the BR good. Players can choose what they prefer and then the ranked gameplay will cure the problem pretty quickly.

Don’t like getting constantly owned by skilled players head shotting you with a BR? No problem. You won’t be playing against them after MMR kicks in.

Put plenty of each gun on the map and let the problem sort itself out.

Or 343 can engage in endless balancing, coming up with separate playlists that appeal to one group or another, etc., etc. I know what I would do.

I agree. Precision slayer has always been more down my alley but I don’t want to constantly play competitive games.

HCS playlist

A mixture of slayer and objective modes with tournament settings.
-BR starts

• modified radar
    -changes to what weapons and equipment are available and to what maps have which mode in them. Example being behemoth is a terrible slayer map but amazing CTF map. (Perhaps my biased opinion, but I felt this to just play so much better as an objective map and more than Likely some maps will be great slayer maps but not as good objective, and some will play great with everything.

Ranked standard playlists.
Slayer - default settings, 18 M radar with normal motion tracking. AR side kick starts.
Objective - same as above

Social playlist
Same as above except looser MMR parameters, and radar is increased to a amount to be determined by popular demand from the large player base of social players.

Whatever keeps the AR from being nerfed to halo I’m down for.

Make it a pickup in ranked playlist, or remove completely from the competitive scene, whatever, I just don’t want to see it dumbed from how it feels now.

I like being able to deter attackers from getting an easy BR or Commando kill on me—I don’t feel at a loss if an opponent has a higher tier weapon and I’m stuck with the AR.

I shouldn’t be funneled in to play one way: br, br, br, because the starting loadout are throwaway weapons.

I agreed.

> 2533274947805189;3:
> I agree. Precision slayer has always been more down my alley but I don’t want to constantly play competitive games.

I totally get that. I consider myself a pretty average player and I don’t want every game to feel super sweaty. But invariably social play lists become fodder for highly skilled players when they just want to “own a bunch of noobs.”

Also, I’m sure long time Halo people in here can attest to getting owned by “second account” players. I don’t think there’s any way around having wildly mismatched games occasionally but I think having only a ranked playlist would come as close as possible to delivering the best game experience for everybody.

I’m going to digress here and go back to what I said in the post above. There should be plenty of AR’s and BR’s on the map. They should conduct internal play testing where one team has to use AR’s and the other has to use BR’s and when they start to break even statistically they’ll know they have them adjusted right. I’ll go a step further at the risk of showing my preference, but they should adjust so that the BR comes out slightly on top. That way precision gameplay is rewarded.

I know AR people aren’t going to like that last bit but I think that’s got the best shot at making a game that competive and casual players can all appreciate.

I’d rather the BR starts are ranked and the AR starts for social.

Rather than encouraging players to play precision slayer in social I’d want to see more players dip their toes into ranked to get a healthy population going.