AR Should Be A 10 Bullet Kill

Too long there’s been a discrepancy between the weapons.

Automatic weapons like the AR have basically fallen into a useless category where they don’t win battles at their ranges. They have an almost crippling reliance on other weapons and abilities to weaken their target before the weapon can garnish a kill or only serve to weaken the target so the other weapons and ability actually gets the kill instead. This turns Halo’s weapon sanbox from a two class system (normal and power) into a three class system (useless, normal and power) by making the automatic weapons near useless.

Instead of the weapon being strong enough to the point where you can use it solely to earn a kill at the weapons range, like precision weapons, you have a debilitating weakness in that if your opponent doesn’t fail, you loose. With other weapons if both combatants do everything right, it ends in a tie. If both were trying to juke the other’s aim but both managed 4SKs, both players die in said tie. If one player messed up, he died. If you do everything right while using an automatic though and your opponent using the precision did as well, you die. He lives.

So to better bring automatic weapons up to precision levels, I propose that the AR be a ten shot kill. This allows for the AR to get three perfect kills per mag just like the precision weapons.

I’m sold as long as its only accurate in bursts.

> Too long there’s been a discrepancy between the weapons.
>
> Automatic weapons like the AR have basically fallen into a useless category where they don’t win battles at their ranges. They have an almost crippling reliance on other weapons and abilities to weaken their target before the weapon can garnish a kill or only serve to weaken the target so the other weapons and ability actually gets the kill instead. This turns Halo’s weapon sanbox from a two class system (normal and power) into a three class system (useless, normal and power) by making the automatic weapons near useless.
>
> Instead of the weapon being strong enough to the point where you can use it solely to earn a kill at the weapons range, like precision weapons, you have a debilitating weakness in that if your opponent doesn’t fail, you loose. With other weapons if both combatants do everything right, it ends in a tie. If both were trying to juke the other’s aim but both managed 4SKs, both players die in said tie. If one player messed up, he died. If you do everything right while using an automatic though and your opponent using the precision did as well, you die. He lives.
>
> So to better bring automatic weapons up to precision levels, I propose that the AR be a ten shot kill. This allows for the AR to get three perfect kills per mag just like the precision weapons.

THANK YOU!!! Finally, someone who understands!

From what I’ve seen so far it is way better.

Agreed 90 percent

From the… screenshots I’ve seen, I think it’ll have a tiny spread.

The AR has 10x as much aim-assist as the precision weapons, so it should be 10x weaker. I’m all for a buff to automatic weapons, but only if 343 makes them harder to use because, as it stands, everyone in the world and their cat can master the automatic weapons in 15-20 minutes of gameplay, tops.

I agree with ya. But has the AR been confirmed to have 30 round clip or 60? Cause honestly I’m fine with 2 kills per clip cause Reach’s was one but forsure 3 would make the gun much much more useful.

I would love that, I use ARs most of the time, I hate it when I don’t spawn with one.

> The AR has 10x as much aim-assist as the precision weapons, so it should be 10x weaker. I’m all for a buff to automatic weapons, but only if 343 makes them harder to use because, as it stands, everyone in the world and their cat can master the automatic weapons in 15-20 minutes of gameplay, tops.

Horrible logic and no, it does not have 10x the aim assist…

Weak, I guess it is… but 10 bullets? That’s practically OP considering how fast it shoots.

> The AR has 10x as much aim-assist as the precision weapons, so it should be 10x weaker. I’m all for a buff to automatic weapons, but only if 343 makes them harder to use because, as it stands, everyone in the world and their cat can master the automatic weapons in 15-20 minutes of gameplay, tops.

As if Br was that hard to use?
Sure, it took time to get great with it, but for your every day random kill 15-20 minutes are more then enough, and if you get the first shot you’ll most likely win anyhow.
Although you’re right to some extent, there should be a skillgap for automatics as well as precision weapons. Since pure HS are out of the question, higher damage combined with fast fire rate and big spread/bloom seems better. A “n00b” will spray and only get a kill in very cqc battle, while an experienced player does burst but can kill in a few bursts (still, the spread is wide so it’s useless at long range). AR should beat melee at least, not the opposite.

Agreed. Every weapon in the game should be useful. As long as the Assault Rifle doesn’t have as much aim assist and bullet magnetism as it did in Reach, I would be completely fine with a buff.

> Too long there’s been a discrepancy between the weapons.
>
> Automatic weapons like the AR have basically fallen into a useless category where they don’t win battles at their ranges. They have an almost crippling reliance on other weapons and abilities to weaken their target before the weapon can garnish a kill or only serve to weaken the target so the other weapons and ability actually gets the kill instead. This turns Halo’s weapon sanbox from a two class system (normal and power) into a three class system (useless, normal and power) by making the automatic weapons near useless.
>
> Instead of the weapon being strong enough to the point where you can use it solely to earn a kill at the weapons range, like precision weapons, you have a debilitating weakness in that if your opponent doesn’t fail, you loose. With other weapons if both combatants do everything right, it ends in a tie. If both were trying to juke the other’s aim but both managed 4SKs, both players die in said tie. If one player messed up, he died. If you do everything right while using an automatic though and your opponent using the precision did as well, you die. He lives.
>
> So to better bring automatic weapons up to precision levels, I propose that the AR be a ten shot kill. This allows for the AR to get three perfect kills per mag just like the precision weapons.

Ten seems a bit too fast, because it would then outclass the BR, if the AR kept its Halo 3 spread and fire rate. 15, like in Halo 3, but with moderate recoil and a slightly faster fire rate and bloom to incentivize bursting would make it a passable weapon, imo.

LOL hell no. Automatic weapons take less skill than semi-automatic weapons and have more aim assist. Why would it ever make sense for them to take less time to kill? If 343i does this, I’d officially be convinced that they are completely catering to lesser skilled players.

> Weak, I guess it is… but 10 bullets? That’s practically OP considering how fast it shoots.

It’s kill time can and should be balanced using other mechanics that players don’t readily see: Such as the level of magnetism the bullets have, the amount of aim assist it has, RoF, Rate of Bloom, and total spread.

Personally I despise the assault rifle. Nothing is more annoying that getting
killed by a couple of guys spraying their guns at you in the back.

There is 0% chance of me being able to turn around and out-skill an opponent when this
happens. At least when everyone is using the BR/DMR you can turn around and strafe/shoot
and have a good chance of out-skilling your opponent even if they do get the first shot
on you.

Increase Damage. Make head-shot capable after x amount of bullets (say 2 to 4). Lower Auto-Aim and Magnetism.

Perfect fix for the AR IMO.

If the AR kills that fast through shields and health, then where would the Plasma Rifle fit in?

8 shots to pop shields, 8 to deplete health.
Headshots provide a 1.5x damage increase when shields are down. This bonus is negated when the bloom is maximum. Aim assist is lowered drastically. Pre-bloom spread is tighter, with full bloom being much bigger.

^Better.