AR needs range nerf, pistol/br needs buff

Right now the ar is too good. It should only win at close range and borderline mid. Mid range it should have no power. The pistol needs a range buff and needs to kill in 2 or 3 fewer rounds, I’m forced to use my MLG controller and put triggers to the shortest to rapid fire as fast as possible to get kills with the pistol. And the BR isn’t worth picking up as it’s crap at close range as the rof is so bad. The br needs the fire delay deleted so it can be used in CQB not just long range.

I’d say the magnum is in a good spot, it leaves room in the sandbox for the classic magnum to be added, I agree on nerfing the AR, it feels like its a bit too good at mid/long range, the BR id say is in a solid spot but I see why people dislike it. My best advice is try and enjoy the game as a new Halo experience, not the old experience that you’re used to.

> 2535417889780369;2:
> I’d say the magnum is in a good spot, it leaves room in the sandbox for the classic magnum to be added, I agree on nerfing the AR, it feels like its a bit too good at mid/long range, the BR id say is in a solid spot but I see why people dislike it. My best advice is try and enjoy the game as a new Halo experience, not the old experience that you’re used to.

Most combat is mid or CQB so it makes the br as it is pointless to pickup. The pistol with a slight range increase slight power increase so it edges over ar than it would be better

Why is should be only reliable on close range?

I totally disagree, they finally (as well as they did in H5) made the AR a reliable weapon. About the BR… thats its function be a long ranged weapon. Yes in H2, H3 and the DMR in Reach were a swiss knife that will work in any situation. But (and I LOVE the classic Halo gameplay btw) that was a bad thing: you didnt need to get or use any other weapon because you start with the best one.

> 2533274892705114;4:
> Why is should be only reliable on close range?
>
> I totally disagree, they finally (as well as they did in H5) made the AR a reliable weapon. About the BR… thats its function be a long ranged weapon. Yes in H2, H3 and the DMR in Reach were a swiss knife that will work in any situation. But (and I LOVE the classic Halo gameplay btw) that was a bad thing: you didnt need to get or use any other weapon because you start with the best one.

Reward good use of semi auto or burst weapons. Don’t reward full auto use. This feels like ar spawns or smg soawns in h2 or 3. Without a utility weapon spawn the game snowballs really really fast

> 2535414763063085;5:
> > 2533274892705114;4:
> > Why is should be only reliable on close range?
> >
> > I totally disagree, they finally (as well as they did in H5) made the AR a reliable weapon. About the BR… thats its function be a long ranged weapon. Yes in H2, H3 and the DMR in Reach were a swiss knife that will work in any situation. But (and I LOVE the classic Halo gameplay btw) that was a bad thing: you didnt need to get or use any other weapon because you start with the best one.
>
> Reward good use of semi auto or burst weapons. Don’t reward full auto use. This feels like ar spawns or smg soawns in h2 or 3. Without a utility weapon spawn the game snowballs really really fast

Why they should just reward the semi auto or burst weapons only? Besides, the 32 bullet mag of the AR and the TTK of Infinite makes it hardly an OP weapon. You will likely need to switch to a pistol to finish the job and, if you are too close to target, can’t miss too many shots.
This is not like SMG spawn from H2 or H3 (were the AR was not a reliable weapon). The AR fits perfectly as and an starter weapon: reliable but not that good so you won’t need to switch or search for another weapon, like the gameplay of H2 or H3

Even though I strongly believe the AR should be a strong, competitive weapon, it’s range is too good in its current form. Magnum and BR are perfect, though.

I think one defining feature of a Halo game is having a solid medium-range precision weapon in your starting load out.

I don’t think the MK50 Sidekick fills this role, which was a negative for me in the preview. Spamming the trigger is not a fun mechanic but seems to be the only viable way of using it.

> 2535414763063085;1:
> Right now the ar is too good. It should only win at close range and borderline mid. Mid range it should have no power. The pistol needs a range buff and needs to kill in 2 or 3 fewer rounds, I’m forced to use my MLG controller and put triggers to the shortest to rapid fire as fast as possible to get kills with the pistol. And the BR isn’t worth picking up as it’s crap at close range as the rof is so bad. The br needs the fire delay deleted so it can be used in CQB not just long range.

MLG controller, lol? The MK50 Sidekick is supposed to be a sidearm. Not a magnum.

The BR shouldn’t be touched. It’s perfect. The problem is that the AR wins against everything and there’s hardly any reason to pick any other gun.

> 2683394777983320;9:
> > 2535414763063085;1:
> > Right now the ar is too good. It should only win at close range and borderline mid. Mid range it should have no power. The pistol needs a range buff and needs to kill in 2 or 3 fewer rounds, I’m forced to use my MLG controller and put triggers to the shortest to rapid fire as fast as possible to get kills with the pistol. And the BR isn’t worth picking up as it’s crap at close range as the rof is so bad. The br needs the fire delay deleted so it can be used in CQB not just long range.
>
> MLG controller, lol? The MK50 Sidekick is supposed to be a sidearm. Not a magnum.

Adjustable triggers almost no travel so I can shoot faster.

> 2535414763063085;11:
> > 2683394777983320;9:
> > > 2535414763063085;1:
> > > Right now the ar is too good. It should only win at close range and borderline mid. Mid range it should have no power. The pistol needs a range buff and needs to kill in 2 or 3 fewer rounds, I’m forced to use my MLG controller and put triggers to the shortest to rapid fire as fast as possible to get kills with the pistol. And the BR isn’t worth picking up as it’s crap at close range as the rof is so bad. The br needs the fire delay deleted so it can be used in CQB not just long range.
> >
> > MLG controller, lol? The MK50 Sidekick is supposed to be a sidearm. Not a magnum.
>
> Adjustable triggers almost no travel so I can shoot faster.

If you have to use a custom-made controller to get a kill with the sidekick, Then you are trying too hard.

tbh that ar fires .308 which is accurate to 1000 meters, if anything it’s not accurate enough and doesn’t do enough damage, nothing about this games physics makes sense, the fact a spartan in augmented armor and the strength of like 3 gorillas can’t control the recoil of a .308 is borderline comical, the pistol needs to be mega nerfed, it’s only a 10mm round unlike the original m6d that was .50 beowulf, the fact that the sidekick does more damage than the ar is hilarious

> 2535453527473776;13:
> tbh that ar fires .308 which is accurate to 1000 meters, if anything it’s not accurate enough and doesn’t do enough damage, nothing about this games physics makes sense, the fact a spartan in augmented armor and the strength of like 3 gorillas can’t control the recoil of a .308 is borderline comical, the pistol is fine and is chambered in .50 beowulf a large round that is a sledge hammer at close range

I love it when we start comparing futuristic-fantasy video games to real life.

> 2533274796540656;14:
> > 2535453527473776;13:
> > tbh that ar fires .308 which is accurate to 1000 meters, if anything it’s not accurate enough and doesn’t do enough damage, nothing about this games physics makes sense, the fact a spartan in augmented armor and the strength of like 3 gorillas can’t control the recoil of a .308 is borderline comical, the pistol is fine and is chambered in .50 beowulf a large round that is a sledge hammer at close range
>
> I love it when we start comparing futuristic-fantasy video games to real life.

Realism takes a backseat to gameplay and lord and tradition in terms of gameplay. If we are going by this logic plasma weapons would be op and human weapons would be terrible. If you read the books a single needler round can mess someone up.

> 2535414763063085;15:
> > 2533274796540656;14:
> > > 2535453527473776;13:
> > > tbh that ar fires .308 which is accurate to 1000 meters, if anything it’s not accurate enough and doesn’t do enough damage, nothing about this games physics makes sense, the fact a spartan in augmented armor and the strength of like 3 gorillas can’t control the recoil of a .308 is borderline comical, the pistol is fine and is chambered in .50 beowulf a large round that is a sledge hammer at close range
> >
> > I love it when we start comparing futuristic-fantasy video games to real life.
>
> Realism takes a backseat to gameplay and lord and tradition in terms of gameplay. If we are going by this logic plasma weapons would be op and human weapons would be terrible. If you read the books a single needler round can mess someone up.

That’s what I meant. It doesn’t make sense to make comparisons to real life or to the lore for that matter.

Yeah, hard disagree with all that. Each weapon has its own role, which is a good thing. Yes, the AR is a bit op right now, but I feel if they take away the headshot multiplier then it will be perfect. We don’t need another Halo 3 where the BR beats 90% of the sandbox, same goes for the Sidekick. Personally I think they should nerf the sidekick a bit. The first flight it worked great, but in the last one it felt too powerful. It should not be melting shields from across the map the way it currently does.

> 2683394777983320;12:
> > 2535414763063085;11:
> > > 2683394777983320;9:
> > > > 2535414763063085;1:
> > > > Right now the ar is too good. It should only win at close range and borderline mid. Mid range it should have no power. The pistol needs a range buff and needs to kill in 2 or 3 fewer rounds, I’m forced to use my MLG controller and put triggers to the shortest to rapid fire as fast as possible to get kills with the pistol. And the BR isn’t worth picking up as it’s crap at close range as the rof is so bad. The br needs the fire delay deleted so it can be used in CQB not just long range.
> > >
> > > MLG controller, lol? The MK50 Sidekick is supposed to be a sidearm. Not a magnum.
> >
> > Adjustable triggers almost no travel so I can shoot faster.
>
> If you have to use a custom-made controller to get a kill with the sidekick, Then you are trying too hard.

Not custom off the shelf comp controller. I got a buddy who has a rapid fire controler also and that thing Is stupid in cod

> 2533274837720524;17:
> Yeah, hard disagree with all that. Each weapon has its own role, which is a good thing. Yes, the AR is a bit op right now, but I feel if they take away the headshot multiplier then it will be perfect. We don’t need another Halo 3 where the BR beats 90% of the sandbox, same goes for the Sidekick. Personally I think they should nerf the sidekick a bit. The first flight it worked great, but in the last one it felt too powerful. It should not be melting shields from across the map the way it currently does.

Having a crap pistol with no real utility weapon is call of duty balancing. Is a cod forum or a halo forum. Auto spam is also not pureblood halo. Halo has never been built around auto spam always a semi or burst weapon primary

> 2533274892705114;4:
> Why is should be only reliable on close range?
>
> I totally disagree, they finally (as well as they did in H5) made the AR a reliable weapon. About the BR… thats its function be a long ranged weapon. Yes in H2, H3 and the DMR in Reach were a swiss knife that will work in any situation. But (and I LOVE the classic Halo gameplay btw) that was a bad thing: you didnt need to get or use any other weapon because you start with the best one.

Because you respawn with TWO weapons, not just the AR. The pistol is a precision weapon and should be the weapon of choice at medium range.

It’s very simple:

AR = close range
Pistol = medium range