AR needs a massive buff.

Too many times you are killed by DMRs in close (10-15m) range. Too frequently when im on full auto it takes more than a clip for someone to die. To compete in CQC, AR and full autos need a buff, or precisions need a nerf.

lol wrong you’re… I can destroy someone that is using a dmr or br and me using the ar. It depends on your skill and strafe.

> Too many times you are killed by DMRs in close (10-15m) range. Too frequently when im on full auto it takes more than a clip for someone to die. To compete in CQC, AR and full autos need a buff, or precisions need a nerf.

Dont blame the weapons because you cant handle them.
No buff required.

> lol wrong you’re… I can destroy someone that is using a dmr or br and me using the ar. It depends on your skill and strafe.

^^this. though he isnt entirely right about the DMR. it needs a ROF reduction (i mean the DMR) because way to many noobs spam it in CQC and win a fight they should have lost by using a weapon far out side its nitch (again i mean the DMR)

other then the cheap DMR the only thing ive found that can stand against a good AR player in CQC is a Sticky spam noob, a bolt lock noob (some one that only uses bolt lock and nothing else, and who likes to hide in every damn corner with cloak), or insane Carbine freak (i mean carbine freak in a good way; meaning the insainely crazy to be using that right now before it gets buffed to a 7sk.)

> Too many times you are killed by DMRs in close (10-15m) range. Too frequently when im on full auto it takes more than a clip for someone to die. To compete in CQC, AR and full autos need a buff, or precisions need a nerf.

In that range it only takes about 3/4 of a clip to take somebody down. Just make sure you keep your reticle on center mass and the AR will destroy BR/ DMR/ LR at close range.

I disagree with the OP. Numerous times I’ve been killed with ‘full-autos’, mostly just before I can get the killing shot in with any of the precision weapons. IF anything, they need a slight debuff (only slight though)

However, it does feel like the DMR is also slightly over powered too, compared to the carbine, Lightrifle and BR.

The boltshot destroys anyone close range, no matter what the enemy is using.

> The boltshot destroys anyone close range, no matter what the enemy is using.

let me guess you one of those “hide behind a wall with bolt-lock” nubs aren’t you?

The Assault Rifle received the buff it deserved when we made the transition from Halo Reach(or any Halo, for that matter) to Halo 4.

In the previous games, the Assault Rifle was a complete throw-away weapon. It was basically useless, in all aspects. Everything out-shot it. No joke - I’ve been out-shot with a Plasma Pistol in Halo 2…and, not to sound like I’m trying to make myself sound like I’m a pro, but I’m an excellent shot. With all weapons.

Now, at least when you’re in an “up close and personal” situation, you at least stand a chance…if you have one in your loadout, that is.

The Assault Rifle is right where it needs to be. It is right where it needed to be for all these years. It does not need to be tweaked in any way, shape or form.

> The boltshot destroys anyone close range, no matter what the enemy is using.

Also - no. Unless you are literally sitting on top of the enemy, the Boltshot’s overcharge will only drop someone’s shields and leave room for a teammate to clean up the kill, which happens…a lot. For me, anyway.

My only issue is with the motion tracker, on most team based games you get shot down by precision weapons before you enter automatic weapon range.

> I disagree with the OP. Numerous times I’ve been killed with ‘full-autos’, mostly just before I can get the killing shot in with any of the precision weapons. IF anything, they need a slight debuff (only slight though)
>
> However, it does feel like the DMR is also slightly over powered too, compared to the carbine, Lightrifle and BR.

The AR, SR, and Suppressor fit their role perfectly and shouldn’t be changed. Too closse, risk being melee’d and headshotted; too far away, risk running out of ammo before killing the enemy. For once, they are useful and serve as an important part of the game.

DMR is OP but this thread is about the AR, not the DMR. There are many other threads discussing the OPness of the DMR.

> > The boltshot destroys anyone close range, no matter what the enemy is using.
>
> Also - no. Unless you are literally sitting on top of the enemy, the Boltshot’s overcharge will only drop someone’s shields and leave room for a teammate to clean up the kill, which happens…a lot. For me, anyway.

I’ve been one-shotted multiple times from reasonable distances (well outside melee range) by Boltshot users. Please don’t randomly make bull<human excrement> up, it only loses you credibility.

I don’t want to sound rude, but the AR’s fine and you need to learn how to play the game.

> > > The boltshot destroys anyone close range, no matter what the enemy is using.
> >
> > Also - no. Unless you are literally sitting on top of the enemy, the Boltshot’s overcharge will only drop someone’s shields and leave room for a teammate to clean up the kill, which happens…a lot. For me, anyway.
>
> I’ve been one-shotted multiple times from reasonable distances (well outside melee range) by Boltshot users. Please don’t randomly make bull<human excrement> up, it only loses you credibility.

If you wouldn’t mind, please - tell me why it is you think I’d make something like that up? What part, exactly, made you think that anything was made up?

Just because on the killcam they are far from you, does not mean they actually were. The killcams are unbelievably glitchy right now, and are almost completely unreliable. You know this just as well as I do.

And what are you talking about? “Loses me credibility”? Because of my own online experience, and your “my opinion is the only one that matters” attitude, I’m less credible?

If you say so.

If every bullet hits with the AR, it kills an enemy just as they take your shield down with the DMR (assuming they hit every shot). If they aren’t using the DMR, you’ll still have some shield left. I’d say the AR is perfectly balanced within its intended range.

Average player here and with the aid of an AR i managed to get my 80 regisides in about 7 matches last night. The AR is awesome aim at the head and watch a good 75% of people drop. The rest are ususlly more skilled than me.

The only problem I see with the AR is with Host advantage on a laggy game, it then becomes next to useless against DMR’s, but then so does evey gun in a laggy game.

I don’t want to sound like a -Yoink- but you need to learn how to use use it and your first lesson iesson is if they beck off you keep moving forward cos the moment you drop out of range the AR effectiveness goes out the window.

> > > The boltshot destroys anyone close range, no matter what the enemy is using.
> >
> > Also - no. Unless you are literally sitting on top of the enemy, the Boltshot’s overcharge will only drop someone’s shields and leave room for a teammate to clean up the kill, which happens…a lot. For me, anyway.
>
> I’ve been one-shotted multiple times from reasonable distances (well outside melee range) by Boltshot users. Please don’t randomly make bull<human excrement> up, it only loses you credibility.

You’ve just had some bad luck as the pistol is purely used to strip shields and stop vehicles. I’ve never been one shotted by it, but I would assume if your shields were low then a fully charged shot could kill you.

> > > > The boltshot destroys anyone close range, no matter what the enemy is using.
> > >
> > > Also - no. Unless you are literally sitting on top of the enemy, the Boltshot’s overcharge will only drop someone’s shields and leave room for a teammate to clean up the kill, which happens…a lot. For me, anyway.
> >
> > I’ve been one-shotted multiple times from reasonable distances (well outside melee range) by Boltshot users. Please don’t randomly make bull<human excrement> up, it only loses you credibility.
>
> If you wouldn’t mind, please - tell me why it is you think I’d make something like that up? What part, exactly, made you think that anything was made up?
>
> Just because on the killcam they are far from you, does not mean they actually were. The killcams are unbelievably glitchy right now, and are almost completely unreliable. You know this just as well as I do.
>
> And what are you talking about? “Loses me credibility”? Because of my own online experience, and your “my opinion is the only one that matters” attitude, I’m less credible?
>
> If you say so.

Boltshot has the same Kill range as the UNSC SHotgun, and that range is also improved since reach and 3, to about 7-10 feet distance (give or take Random Number generation). I know this not because I am killed but because I kill people with it consistently. People LOVE running up on you.

AR Is in goo shape. It’s more useful than a br or dmr close range, eventhough I would never use it because you have to be good with dmr or br to be at halo in my opinion, it is a viable option on cqc maps. And dont whine about someone hitting a all his shots from close range. He earned it then. What really needs a nerf is the blotshot :\

> The Assault Rifle received the buff it deserved when we made the transition from Halo Reach(or any Halo, for that matter) to Halo 4.
>
> In the previous games, the Assault Rifle was a complete throw-away weapon. It was basically useless, in all aspects. Everything out-shot it. No joke - I’ve been out-shot with a Plasma Pistol in Halo 2…and, not to sound like I’m trying to make myself sound like I’m a pro, but I’m an excellent shot. With all weapons.
>
> Now, at least when you’re in an “up close and personal” situation, you at least stand a chance…if you have one in your loadout, that is.
>
> The Assault Rifle is right where it needs to be. It is right where it needed to be for all these years. It does not need to be tweaked in any way, shape or form.
>
>
>
> > The boltshot destroys anyone close range, no matter what the enemy is using.
>
> Also - no. Unless you are literally sitting on top of the enemy, the Boltshot’s overcharge will only drop someone’s shields and leave room for a teammate to clean up the kill, which happens…a lot. For me, anyway.

Thisx10000. AR is fine. Use your pistol or whatever weapon you have for long range at the time.