AR, Make It Stronger.

I dont know if im the only one here that thinks this, but when playing Reach, the first thing people usually do when playing Classic/Anniversary mode is switching to pistol, of course, its an incredibly powerful weapon, 3 headshots, BAM!, you are dead.
But I think it feels wrong that when you have an assault rifle with a big fire rate and plenty of ammo you have to switch to a smaller weapon, I mean come on! Its the main weapon of the game, it should be stronger than a pistol, this weapon gets no love AT ALL, needs an upgrade ASAP.

But that´s just my opinion.

Technically speaking the Anniversary Playlist is supposed to be like to because it’s supposed to feel like Halo: CE. The fact that the pistol is so rediculously powerful is the reason it was removed from Halo 2 and 3 to begin with but people wanted it so it’s here in some play lists for nostalgia’s sake. Still, the Assault Rifle at close range should be more powerful than it is. You’d have better luck chucking a handful of Candy Corn at the enemy than using the Assault Rifle the way it is.

Well, yeah but still even in CE, the only thing used was the pistol.
Of course i cant really mention Halo 2 since it was not in it.
But it got really overshadowed in Halo 3 where everyone was using was the BR, and of course it was really -Yoink-, it was A LITTLE better in Reach, but still not good enough, it deserves to shine.

I’d rather it have an increased magazine size than a power upgrade.

The pistols were much different in every game
Halo CE was single weild and had zoom and had rapid fire and was nicknamed the God Pistol
Halo 2 it was dual weild and weaker, and fired at a faster rate
Halo 3 the pistol was a mix of H2 and HCE in the bad ways mostly, dual weild, no zoom, a little bit more powerful, slow ROF, no rapid fire, less ammo
In Halo Reach was most positive with single weild, alot more powerful, faster rate of fire, zoom and no rapid fire
Halo 4 pistol would be even more EPIC if it could have zoom, rapid fire, alot more powerful (Halo CE), fast ROF, alot more rounds like H1/H2 12 mag in gun (132 rounds or 11 mags), dual weildable but only single wield do you get to zoom. (kinda my idea in halo 4 to dual weild any and all weapons for custom games option). Also maybe a suppressor like H3 ODST

It doesnt have to have a suppressor but i think it would be better then the Halo CE pistol and it would bring more new comers into like this pistol that made Halo so popular and this would make halo fans even more excited.

It needs to act like a real assault rifle. I mean, it’s practically ineffective at more than 20 feet away, and it takes up to 40 rounds to kill. That’s incredibly stupid, especially considering it takes 5 shots from a semi-auto rifle.

> It needs to act like a real assault rifle. I mean, it’s practically ineffective at more than 20 feet away, and it takes up to 40 rounds to kill. That’s incredibly stupid, especially considering it takes 5 shots from a semi-auto rifle.

I’d like The Halo 1 AR with the 60 rounds and the accuracy of the H3-HR version. Mix that in for a Halo 4 and damn!!! lol

I agree, the AR needs to be WAYYY stronger just like every other weapon in the game.

> I agree, the AR needs to be WAYYY stronger just like every other weapon in the game.

you need to understand something. Halos MM is reliant on Power weapons. I know this is the cod speech on here but not all weapons can be equal. The rocket shouldnt ever be weaker then the AR. The power weapons need to be known over the starting weapons or you might aswell start off with fuel rods and Spartan lasers. Anyways what i suggest would improve it without it becoming too powerful.

If these weapons appear in Halo 4, they need to be a lot more effective. The funny part is, most of them are automatic.

Assault Rifle
Plasma Rifle
Brute Plasma Rifle (just because it’s epic and adds diversity and variation)
SMG
Spiker
Energy Sword (Halo 2 anyone?)
Rocket Launcher (Halo 3 anyone?)

> you need to understand something. Halos MM is reliant on Power weapons. I know this is the cod speech on here but not all weapons can be equal. The rocket shouldnt ever be weaker then the AR. The power weapons need to be known over the starting weapons or you might aswell start off with fuel rods and Spartan lasers. Anyways what i suggest would improve it without it becoming too powerful.

The overpowered BR and DMR are starting weapons… what’s your point?

> If these weapons appear in Halo 4, they need to be a lot more effective. The funny part is, most of them are automatic.
>
> Assault Rifle
> Plasma Rifle
> Brute Plasma Rifle (just because it’s epic and adds diversity and variation)
> SMG
> Spiker
> Energy Sword (Halo 2 anyone?)
> Rocket Launcher (Halo 3 anyone?)
>
>
>
> > you need to understand something. Halos MM is reliant on Power weapons. I know this is the cod speech on here but not all weapons can be equal. The rocket shouldnt ever be weaker then the AR. The power weapons need to be known over the starting weapons or you might aswell start off with fuel rods and Spartan lasers. Anyways what i suggest would improve it without it becoming too powerful.
>
> The overpowered BR and DMR are starting weapons… what’s your point?

they are not overpowered, overpowered is a cod term. and no they are not.

Halo Halo 2 sword with halo 3 sword batles. RL need to be Halo 2

The AR is fine. It needs to be weak because it is a noob-friendly weapon.

> The AR is fine. It needs to be weak because it is a noob-friendly weapon.

from what I hear; the AR is worse than the H3 pistol.

Halo 3/ODST Assault Rifle with 48-round magazine.

Sorted?

> Halo 4 pistol would be even more EPIC if it could have zoom, rapid fire, alot more powerful (Halo CE), fast ROF, alot more rounds like H1/H2 12 mag in gun (132 rounds or 11 mags), dual weildable, maybe a suppressor(H3 ODST)

A little bit OP dont you think…

> > Halo 4 pistol would be even more EPIC if it could have zoom, rapid fire, alot more powerful (Halo CE), fast ROF, alot more rounds like H1/H2 12 mag in gun (132 rounds or 11 mags), dual weildable, maybe a suppressor(H3 ODST)
>
> A little bit OP dont you think…

overpowered doesnt exist in Halo Halo CE pistol proved that lol The gun was a god pistol. also the supressor i said wouldnt be necessary and the dual weilding would have to be allowed in MM but either way dual wieldign would be allowed dual pistola

I agree, in fact I think they should make all the automatic weapons a bit more powerful. I think Reach did a good job with the AR except that it was too innacurate.

> they are not overpowered, overpowered is a cod term. and no they are not.

How is overpowered a CoD term?

> > they are not overpowered, overpowered is a cod term. and no they are not.
>
> How is overpowered a CoD term?

I’m curious too, actually. This is the first time I’ve heard that “overpowered” is a CoD term. My understanding meant that it was not game or item specific.

> > > Halo 4 pistol would be even more EPIC if it could have zoom, rapid fire, alot more powerful (Halo CE), fast ROF, alot more rounds like H1/H2 12 mag in gun (132 rounds or 11 mags), dual weildable, maybe a suppressor(H3 ODST)
> >
> > A little bit OP dont you think…
>
> overpowered doesnt exist in Halo Halo CE pistol proved that lol The gun was a god pistol. also the supressor i said wouldnt be necessary and the dual weilding would have to be allowed in MM but either way dual wieldign would be allowed dual pistola

So, your opinion is that if Halo had a weapon that shoots sixteen rockets at once that home into every player on the map and can dodge every single object they’re not supposed to hit to and the weapon had infinite ammo, wouldn’t be overpowered at all? That’s just not true. You see, the pistol in Halo CE wasn’t even nearly as good as people make it out to be, neither has BR or DMR never been. The thing is that majority of combat in Halo takes place at mid range, the range of main precision weapons. Thus making them appear as the most useful weapons in the sandbox. In CE, you really couldn’t beat an AR user in close range with a pistol unless you happened to have a very good aim. It was in no way a “god gun”.

What comes to your vision of a pistol, that’s just be overpowered. First of all, is weapon overpowered mostly depends on the weapons around it, not the weapon itself. Now as Halo has a sandbox with relatively slow kill times when compared to other shooters, the sandbox of course needs to follow that. And your pistol doesn’t fit that image with an assumed kill time of 200 milliseconds and 100 when dual wielded. On top of that, using it would require very low amounts of skill as you could just spam the crap out of it.

So yes, your pistol would be overpowered. And no, as the word “quickscope”, “overpowered” isn’t CoD terminology either, it’s common game terminology to refer to something that is too powerful when compared to everything else in the game.

> I agree, in fact I think they should make all the automatic weapons a bit more powerful. I think Reach did a good job with the AR except that it was too innacurate.
>
>
> > they are not overpowered, overpowered is a cod term. and no they are not.
>
> How is overpowered a CoD term?

op was made up. no one ever said the words overpowered til cod 4 showed up