AR isn't OP, other weapons and tools lack utility

The AR isn’t overpowered its the other weapons preforming badly as well as the AR being the default spawn weapon that makes it the most common killing tool, if the default weapon cant get average kills then why use it?

do not nerf the AR lets address the weapons, vehicle, & equipment that are currently either too underused or lacking the utility the Halo Infinite Sandbox requires

also do not slap more Aim assist on weapons 343… this will not fix your sandbox we learned this from halo 5

> 2533274861316131;1:
> The AR isn’t overpowered its the other weapons preforming badly as well as the AR being the default spawn weapon that makes it the most common killing tool, if the default weapon cant get average kills then why use it?
>
> do not nerf the AR lets address the weapons, vehicle, & equipment that are currently either too underused or lacking the utility the Halo Infinite Sandbox requires
>
> also do not slap more Aim assist on weapons 343… this will not fix your sandbox we learned this from halo 5

The AR just needs a headshot multiplier nerf. It’s optimal should be 1.30 meanwhile body should be 1.40.

If the other weapons are brought up to the AR’s level, the TTK and general kill speed will be too fast, it’ll just be different effects for killing.

I think there was ZERO incentive to go for guns on the wall. They were all weaker than the starting AR and pistol. I also feel like the ttk was too high, maybe lower the time to break shields at least.

> 2533274810906397;4:
> I think there was ZERO incentive to go for guns on the wall. They were all weaker than the starting AR and pistol. I also feel like the ttk was too high, maybe lower the time to break shields at least.

Commando and BR both better at range, plasma pistol to take down Overshield. Only weapon that felt a bit redundant was the Needler, but that might be better than AR I just couldn’t notice it with my naked eye.

> 2533274810906397;4:
> I think there was ZERO incentive to go for guns on the wall. They were all weaker than the starting AR and pistol. I also feel like the ttk was too high, maybe lower the time to break shields at least.

This is simply false. The other weapons give you a substantial amount of leeway in fights that the starter weapons do not. The BR gives you practically free aim, commando gives you incredible distant poke with low TTK close up, and the plasma rifle melts shields when pushing with a team. The plasma pistol gives you faster and easier kills while the bulldog provides incredible in and out of cover damage…

> 2533274792737987;6:
> > 2533274810906397;4:
> > I think there was ZERO incentive to go for guns on the wall. They were all weaker than the starting AR and pistol. I also feel like the ttk was too high, maybe lower the time to break shields at least.
>
> This is simply false. The other weapons give you a substantial amount of leeway in fights that the starter weapons do not. The BR gives you practically free aim, commando gives you incredible distant poke with low TTK close up, and the plasma rifle melts shields when pushing with a team. The plasma pistol gives you faster and easier kills while the bulldog provides incredible in and out of cover damage…

But since the AR range is so far it’s easy to counter long range weapons those unless they’re hip firing.

imo infinite’s BR is the most well tuned weapon in the game and the AR should be balanced around it. that said the AR is too strong at medium range.

> 2533274828579555;7:
> > 2533274792737987;6:
> > > 2533274810906397;4:
> > > I think there was ZERO incentive to go for guns on the wall. They were all weaker than the starting AR and pistol. I also feel like the ttk was too high, maybe lower the time to break shields at least.
> >
> > This is simply false. The other weapons give you a substantial amount of leeway in fights that the starter weapons do not. The BR gives you practically free aim, commando gives you incredible distant poke with low TTK close up, and the plasma rifle melts shields when pushing with a team. The plasma pistol gives you faster and easier kills while the bulldog provides incredible in and out of cover damage…
>
> But since the AR range is so far it’s easy to counter long range weapons those unless they’re hip firing.

You are not countering a rifle with distance shots with an AR. If you are then you are going against noobs.

> 2533274792737987;9:
> > 2533274828579555;7:
> > > 2533274792737987;6:
> > > > 2533274810906397;4:
> > > > I think there was ZERO incentive to go for guns on the wall. They were all weaker than the starting AR and pistol. I also feel like the ttk was too high, maybe lower the time to break shields at least.
> > >
> > > This is simply false. The other weapons give you a substantial amount of leeway in fights that the starter weapons do not. The BR gives you practically free aim, commando gives you incredible distant poke with low TTK close up, and the plasma rifle melts shields when pushing with a team. The plasma pistol gives you faster and easier kills while the bulldog provides incredible in and out of cover damage…
> >
> > But since the AR range is so far it’s easy to counter long range weapons those unless they’re hip firing.
>
> You are not countering a rifle with distance shots with an AR. If you are then you are going against noobs.

Tell that to the Spartan level bot xD! It can kill you from across the map with that AR.

> 2533274792737987;9:
> > 2533274828579555;7:
> > > 2533274792737987;6:
> > > > 2533274810906397;4:
> > > > I think there was ZERO incentive to go for guns on the wall. They were all weaker than the starting AR and pistol. I also feel like the ttk was too high, maybe lower the time to break shields at least.
> > >
> > > This is simply false. The other weapons give you a substantial amount of leeway in fights that the starter weapons do not. The BR gives you practically free aim, commando gives you incredible distant poke with low TTK close up, and the plasma rifle melts shields when pushing with a team. The plasma pistol gives you faster and easier kills while the bulldog provides incredible in and out of cover damage…
> >
> > But since the AR range is so far it’s easy to counter long range weapons those unless they’re hip firing.
>
> You are not countering a rifle in distance with an AR. If you are then you are going against noobs.

Nah, it’s pretty consistent. I can cross map damage and kill of a distance between those to spires on Behemoth that have the Sniper or Skewer

> 2535462458854951;10:
> > 2533274792737987;9:
> > > 2533274828579555;7:
> > > > 2533274792737987;6:
> > > > > 2533274810906397;4:
> > > > > I think there was ZERO incentive to go for guns on the wall. They were all weaker than the starting AR and pistol. I also feel like the ttk was too high, maybe lower the time to break shields at least.
> > > >
> > > > This is simply false. The other weapons give you a substantial amount of leeway in fights that the starter weapons do not. The BR gives you practically free aim, commando gives you incredible distant poke with low TTK close up, and the plasma rifle melts shields when pushing with a team. The plasma pistol gives you faster and easier kills while the bulldog provides incredible in and out of cover damage…
> > >
> > > But since the AR range is so far it’s easy to counter long range weapons those unless they’re hip firing.
> >
> > You are not countering a rifle with distance shots with an AR. If you are then you are going against noobs.
>
> Tell that to the Spartan level bot xD! It can kill you from across the map with that AR.

Stop standing in the open and missing shots then?

> 2533274828579555;11:
> > 2533274792737987;9:
> > > 2533274828579555;7:
> > > > 2533274792737987;6:
> > > > > 2533274810906397;4:
> > > > > I think there was ZERO incentive to go for guns on the wall. They were all weaker than the starting AR and pistol. I also feel like the ttk was too high, maybe lower the time to break shields at least.
> > > >
> > > > This is simply false. The other weapons give you a substantial amount of leeway in fights that the starter weapons do not. The BR gives you practically free aim, commando gives you incredible distant poke with low TTK close up, and the plasma rifle melts shields when pushing with a team. The plasma pistol gives you faster and easier kills while the bulldog provides incredible in and out of cover damage…
> > >
> > > But since the AR range is so far it’s easy to counter long range weapons those unless they’re hip firing.
> >
> > You are not countering a rifle in distance with an AR. If you are then you are going against noobs.
>
> Nah, it’s pretty consistent. I can cross map damage and kill of a distance between those to spires on Behemoth that have the Sniper or Skewer

You are going against bad players then. I’m sorry, but I’ve had zero issue with this and I played an absurd amount of PVP.

> 2533274792737987;2:
> > 2533274861316131;1:
> > The AR isn’t overpowered its the other weapons preforming badly as well as the AR being the default spawn weapon that makes it the most common killing tool, if the default weapon cant get average kills then why use it?
> >
> > do not nerf the AR lets address the weapons, vehicle, & equipment that are currently either too underused or lacking the utility the Halo Infinite Sandbox requires
> >
> > also do not slap more Aim assist on weapons 343… this will not fix your sandbox we learned this from halo 5
>
> The AR just needs a headshot multiplier nerf. It’s optimal should be 1.30 meanwhile body should be 1.40.

??? Ahhh yes! Let’s punish people for getting headshots… So dumb

> 2535410017197749;14:
> > 2533274792737987;2:
> > > 2533274861316131;1:
> > > The AR isn’t overpowered its the other weapons preforming badly as well as the AR being the default spawn weapon that makes it the most common killing tool, if the default weapon cant get average kills then why use it?
> > >
> > > do not nerf the AR lets address the weapons, vehicle, & equipment that are currently either too underused or lacking the utility the Halo Infinite Sandbox requires
> > >
> > > also do not slap more Aim assist on weapons 343… this will not fix your sandbox we learned this from halo 5
> >
> > The AR just needs a headshot multiplier nerf. It’s optimal should be 1.30 meanwhile body should be 1.40.
>
> ??? Ahhh yes! Let’s punish people for getting headshots… So dumb

.10 faster TTK isn’t punishing?

I don’t know what matches you guys were in but No one really defaulted to AR that much, and if they did it was simply to lure you into their BXB exploit nonsense.

People think the AR is op because its the only weapon controller users can reliably get kills with lol. It is so sad that people think it needs a nerf just because every other weapon is such a pain in the -Yoink- to use.

> 2533274802341352;17:
> People think the AR is op because its the only weapon controller users can reliably get kills with lol. It is so sad that people think it needs a nerf just because every other weapon is such a pain in the -Yoink- to use.

It’s not the only reliable weapon on controller. People just don’t practice with other weapons and learn how to counter recoil patterns.

> 2533274792737987;18:
> > 2533274802341352;17:
> > People think the AR is op because its the only weapon controller users can reliably get kills with lol. It is so sad that people think it needs a nerf just because every other weapon is such a pain in the -Yoink- to use.
>
> It’s not the only reliable weapon on controller. People just don’t practice with other weapons and learn how to counter recoil patterns.

That’s kind of a baseless assumption. People adapted to bloom on the DMR in reach, or the SAW in Halo 4, or the sniper rifle since forever. People can adapt to basic gunplay mechanics, but adapting to tiny reticles and no red reticle and broken aim assist is just too massive a task for most people to bother with.

> 2533274802341352;19:
> > 2533274792737987;18:
> > > 2533274802341352;17:
> > > People think the AR is op because its the only weapon controller users can reliably get kills with lol. It is so sad that people think it needs a nerf just because every other weapon is such a pain in the -Yoink- to use.
> >
> > It’s not the only reliable weapon on controller. People just don’t practice with other weapons and learn how to counter recoil patterns.
>
> That’s kind of a baseless assumption. People adapted to bloom on the DMR in reach, or the SAW in Halo 4, or the sniper rifle since forever. People can adapt to basic gunplay mechanics, but adapting to tiny reticles and no red reticle and broken aim assist is just too massive a task for most people to bother with.

How is it baseless when for me it isn’t the only reliable weapon? Like huh? That would make it not baseless within itself.