AR = Assist Rifle

It’s pretty ridiculous that the AR is useless as a primary weapon. It’s kind of pointless to pick a weapon that’s only viable at close range (and still frequently gets beaten at it) when you could pick one of 4 precision weapons that are useful at a much wider variety of ranges. Also, the AR gets nothing but assists because after hammering down on the trigger forever, your teammates with precision weapons can just steal your kill from halfway across the map with one clean headshot while you would have had to pump 6 more rounds into them.

I thought having loadouts would make it so all weapons would be pretty much equal, but I guess all it does is make every match of Team Slayer turn into Slayer DMRs/BRs. When you see the entire game using the exact same two weapons every single match, you should think that something’s up, 343.

You’re doing it wrong then. The AR is pretty powerful when used correctly. Bursts and aim for the head. Spray and pray won’t get you far.

> It’s pretty ridiculous that the AR is useless as a primary weapon. It’s kind of pointless to pick a weapon that’s only viable at close range (and still frequently gets beaten at it) when you could pick one of 4 precision weapons that are useful at a much wider variety of ranges. Also, the AR gets nothing but assists because after hammering down on the trigger forever, your teammates with precision weapons can just steal your kill from halfway across the map with one clean headshot while you would have had to pump 6 more rounds into them.
>
> I thought having loadouts would make it so all weapons would be pretty much equal, but I guess all it does is make every match of Team Slayer turn into Slayer DMRs/BRs. When you see the entire game using the exact same two weapons every single match, you should think that something’s up, 343.

Considering the AR doesn’t suck anymore, I’d actually be willing to try out some AR starts like in Halo 3. It wouldn’t be completely horrible anymore.

I swear if this isn’t trolling God help us…

I actually use the AR like crazy in Regicide. Try using it in CQB and you will beat out your opponent every time. If your team mate steals your kill, either they were legitimately trying to help out or they are jerks.

I had a real life friend team kill me just before i captured a flag so he could cap it instead. Don’t underestimate the -Yoink-!

> You’re doing it wrong then. The AR is pretty powerful when used correctly. Bursts and aim for the head. Spray and pray won’t get you far.

Bursting is useless against precision weapons and headshots don’t count with anything but a precision weapon. I can tell you’re new.

Lol use precision weapons, there’s a reason why skill based weapons fare better than spray and pray weapons. The only time you should use AR, Suppressor, or storm rifle is with firepower mod as a secondary, there’s too many long lines of sight

I tear guys to shreds with the AR. Close range, bursts, basic automatic weapon tactics. I use mostly DMR for the bigger maps but do whip out the AR on a smaller map if there seems to be a lot of campers and stuff. Works pretty well. Best AR of any Halo imo.

> Lol use precision weapons, there’s a reason why skill based weapons fare better than spray and pray weapons. The only time you should use AR, Suppressor, or storm rifle is with firepower mod as a secondary, there’s too many long lines of sight

Headshot weapon =/= skill weapon, especially not with the exaggerated aim assist we have now. If the AR took no skill and got easy kills, you would see everyone using it.

I use the AR quite often, along with a magnum. I’ve got close to medium range covered with that loadout. The AR is a beast in capable hands.

> The only time you should use AR, Suppressor, or storm rifle is with firepower mod as a secondary, there’s too many long lines of sight

Agreed. I meant to add that into my post but I forgot. AR is my backup in regicide, once I get to CQB I switch to it immediately.

> It’s pretty ridiculous that the AR is useless as a primary weapon. It’s kind of pointless to pick a weapon that’s only viable at close range (and still frequently gets beaten at it) when you could pick one of 4 precision weapons that are useful at a much wider variety of ranges. Also, the AR gets nothing but assists because after hammering down on the trigger forever, your teammates with precision weapons can just steal your kill from halfway across the map with one clean headshot while you would have had to pump 6 more rounds into them.
>
> I thought having loadouts would make it so all weapons would be pretty much equal, but I guess all it does is make every match of Team Slayer turn into Slayer DMRs/BRs. When you see the entire game using the exact same two weapons every single match, you should think that something’s up, 343.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0nmXj4fwnM

The storm rifle is vary efective if you like shoot melee combos and not having to reload, hint get the ammo increase perk, use it if yo dont like the ar

How can you say that when the majority of your kills are from using the AR? At least, that’s what it’s saying on your service record.

Your point is valid for a lot of maps. Long lines of sight make the other precision weapons better overall.

But to call the AR useless is discreditting how great it is in CQC in smaller maps.

The precision weapons really do beat AR and the like at all ranges all the time. It takes a gimmick like camo or an ambush to score kills with it.

> Halo4 Infinity Slayer-Adrift AR murder - YouTube

Might as well lock this thread up. This guy’s got it.

The AR is a monster in Halo 4.

> > You’re doing it wrong then. The AR is pretty powerful when used correctly. Bursts and aim for the head. Spray and pray won’t get you far.
>
> Bursting is useless against precision weapons and headshots don’t count with anything but a precision weapon. I can tell you’re new.

I’m thinking your pretty new if your using the AR against someone with precision weapons from halfway across the map. Even if someone with a precision weapon is fighting you close quarters, you would still do better if you used short controlled bursts instead of spraying.

JRock is correct. You are not using it right if you just point at the enemy and hose them with bullets or if you shoot at someone far away. And it may not be much, but a headshot still does more damage than a body shot even without a precise weapon.

Stop trying to cross-map with it. The Assault Rifle is not designed for anything outside close range combat. It has potential to kill faster than the DMR.