AR Accuracy

The AR looks pretty accurate in this game. You can see the bloom designation in this “old” video.

I think this is a great idea, because if the assault rifle is more accurate then it becomes a much more viable option at longer ranges.

The DMR and the BR were designed to be easier to use at long range, but require more skill to use at short range. Wouldn’t it be great if they did the same thing in the other direction with the AR and its bloom feature? It would really help make the choice of weapon more about the ease of use at different ranges instead of the deadliness at different ranges.

Absolutely. I’ve been waiting ages for the AR to actually be a viable option. Your ideas make sense. I like you.

> Absolutely. I’ve been waiting ages for the AR to actually be a viable option. Your ideas make sense. I like you.

I totally agree, I’ll be using the Assault Rifle alot more now in Halo 4.

never understood the emphasis on BR/DMR. why can’t the AR be a viable option instead of being less useful than the pistol?

I would like the entire headshot system to be revamped.

DMR takes 1 headshot to kill. It fires slowly, it’s powerful. It should stay 1sk

BR takes 2 headshots to kill. This way you need to get a solid burst into someone’s face to kill them instead of spraying.

AR should kill in 3 or 4 headshots. This way, people skilled with an AR can fry those BR peeps

> I would like the entire headshot system to be revamped.
>
> DMR takes 1 headshot to kill. It fires slowly, it’s powerful. It should stay 1sk
>
> BR takes 2 headshots to kill. This way you need to get a solid burst into someone’s face to kill them instead of spraying.
>
> AR should kill in 3 or 4 headshots. This way, people skilled with an AR can fry those BR peeps

Those are pretty quick kill times! I would give the BR a minimum of 3 perfect bursts for a kill. Plus, I’m fairly sure the DMR you are describing is actually a sniper rifle.

> > I would like the entire headshot system to be revamped.
> >
> > DMR takes 1 headshot to kill. It fires slowly, it’s powerful. It should stay 1sk
> >
> > BR takes 2 headshots to kill. This way you need to get a solid burst into someone’s face to kill them instead of spraying.
> >
> > AR should kill in 3 or 4 headshots. This way, people skilled with an AR can fry those BR peeps
>
> Those are pretty quick kill times! I would give the BR a minimum of 3 perfect bursts for a kill. Plus, I’m fairly sure the DMR you are describing is actually a sniper rifle.

I think he means when the enemy is unshielded…I think.

> I think he means when the enemy is unshielded…I think.

I think that would be taking “fast gameplay” to another level, lol. 2 BR bursts is about 1 second.

I hope they increase the accuracy and increase the damage output of the AR, BUT remove almost all auto-aim/aim-magnetism. I would like to see the CQB aspect of Halo become a high-skill = high-reward, rather then constant spray-and-pray + beatdown situations which begin to feel like rock-paper-scissors.

I hope the AR will be amazing in Halo 4, because I want to use it in all of it’s glory once again.

>
> DMR takes 1 headshot to kill. It fires slowly, it’s powerful. It should stay 1sk
>
> BR takes 2 headshots to kill. This way you need to get a solid burst into someone’s face to kill them instead of spraying.
>
> AR should kill in 3 or 4 headshots. This way, people skilled with an AR can fry those BR peeps

No. Just no.

>
> DMR takes <mark>3</mark> headshot to kill. It fires slowly, it’s powerful.
>
> BR takes <mark>4</mark> headshots to kill. This way you need to get a solid burst into someone’s face to kill them instead of spraying.
>
> AR should kill in <mark>6</mark> or <mark>8</mark> headshots. This way, people skilled with an AR can fry those BR peeps

would that be better?

> I hope the AR will be amazing in Halo 4, because I want to use it in all of it’s glory once again.

So true, as long as there is melee bleedthrough though, now the AR sucks because you need 1 more shot to pop shields, then you melee and bam, you just popped his shields and you have 1 shot in you AR.

> I hope they increase the accuracy and increase the damage output of the AR, BUT remove almost all auto-aim/aim-magnetism. I would like to see the CQB aspect of Halo become a high-skill = high-reward, rather then constant spray-and-pray + beatdown situations which begin to feel like rock-paper-scissors.

I totally agree. Although I still think the beatdown should still have a very important place and tactic in CQC, you are definitely right about the need for a better CQB experience.

I certainly hope that they don’t exchange that accuracy for something useful. I hate when developers make a weapon underpowered as a means of balancing.

An AR with a damage boost and slightly better accuracy, I would prefer that to an AR that has supreme accuracy but low damage.

Then again, they could just make distinction between campaign and mp. I can see a pistol with bloom working in mp but it’s just going to be redundant in campaign.

Campaign AR should be powerful. MP AR should be balanced. Yet this hasn’t been the case since CE.

> I certainly hope that they don’t exchange that accuracy for something useful. I hate when developers make a weapon underpowered as a means of balancing.
>
> An AR with a damage boost and slightly better accuracy, I would prefer that to an AR that has supreme accuracy but low damage.
>
> Then again, they could just make distinction between campaign and mp. I can see a pistol with bloom working in mp but it’s just going to be redundant in campaign.
>
> Campaign AR should be powerful. MP AR should be balanced. Yet this hasn’t been the case since CE.

I think they want to keep continuity within the game in terms of weapons. The accuracy of the AR is something I think is going to become especially important to the classic of the equal start in Halo.

The AR will have to be an equal to these precision weapons in every scenario, otherwise the game would succumb to an unendurable game of rock, paper, scissors.