Apparently, yesterday's HCS issues were being caused by the GPUs used in the PC builds, not the game

And they have swapped to Xbox Series X consoles for the remainder to remedy this.

1 Like

Good to know, glad the game isn’t experiencing these kind of basic issues this early on and we won’t have to see them for the main games this weekend. Weird this wasn’t picked up ahead of time mind with some basic tests.

Loving what I’ve caught of Rayleigh so far. Let’s go Optic.

1 Like

So it was a hardware issue on the tourneys part? Huh who knew

1 Like

So does this mean 343i need to optimize or fix the pc version of the game?? if hardware on pc is a problem i can see alot of possible law suits if the game is not fixed on the pc version…

I suspected it lol

They just had a disconnect but it already seems drastically more stable than what we saw yesterday. 5 disconnects in one series is nuts.

1 Like

Sounds like an excuse for the game not working effectively enough for current hardware - which is we already know due to performance issues right now haha.

Again I ask: Why greenlight a HCS event when the game is pretty much still in Beta.

Because they just had a stack of those laying around because it’s a Microsoft event?

Nah, in these events they’re going to use the best hardware they can get their hands on. Which isn’t a Series X.

They most likely used AMD cards which are known to cause issues in a game that was supposed to be optimized to play on AMD cards.

Because they just had a stack of those laying around because it’s a Microsoft event?

Nah, in these events they’re going to use the best hardware they can get their hands on. Which isn’t a Series X.

I can’t post links here because I’m not a high enough level, but the HCS Tracker Twitter has confirmation that they are now using Series X consoles for the HCS tournament.

Sounds like an excuse for the game not working effectively enough for current hardware - which is we already know due to performance issues right now haha.

It was the specific 6800 and 6900 series cards causing the issues.