Apparently, if you are not a General in H3, you're bad

I never understood this belief. Many people, mostly on B.net, think that if you are not a level 50 General in Halo 3, you are absolutely horrible and should not play Halo ever again. So, what they’re saying is that if you are not the highest rank in the game, you suck. They also think that since you are not a 50, you can’t have a valid opinion, saying things like “Oh your a Brig, your opinion means nothing.” That’s not true. Just because they aren’t 5-Star Generals doesn’t mean they don’t know anything about Halo. And yes, I am a Commander, and no, I’m not saying I’m good at Halo. I’m mediocre at best. But that doesn’t mean that I’m a complete moron when it comes to Halo. I just hate how people have to act like such elitists when it comes to rank.

Its even worse when you are a 50 and you do bad one game and then everyone says “where did you buy your 50?” Just be glad you don’t have go through that.

But people say that because of just how easy Halo 3’s ranking system is. If your a commander in Halo 3 (levels 35 to 39) you would most likely be at highest a 20 in Halo 2. In Halo 2, less than 1% of players will become legit 50 in at least 1 playlist.

lol yeah, I didn’t play Halo 2 much since I didn’t get Xbox Live until Halo 3 came out, but when I did, I normally got stomped on XD

Halos ranking system means nothing look at all the boosting accounts some1 plays like a 50 but makes a field major… its a joke

> lol yeah, I didn’t play Halo 2 much since I didn’t get Xbox Live until Halo 3 came out, but when I did, I normally got stomped on XD

If you played Halo 2 back in its glory days, you would have had so much fun. It is way better than Halo 3 and Reach. Halo 2 was called the “golden days” of Halo for a reason.

> > lol yeah, I didn’t play Halo 2 much since I didn’t get Xbox Live until Halo 3 came out, but when I did, I normally got stomped on XD
>
> If you played Halo 2 back in its glory days, you would have had so much fun. It is way better than Halo 3 and Reach.

yeah it was in halo 2 ppl played for fun not competition

Yeah I really wish I had Xbox Live during Halo 2’s hey-day. Nowadays, it’s all about K/D, rank, and whatnot. Also, back then, people talked a hell of a lot more. People never talk anymore.

> > > lol yeah, I didn’t play Halo 2 much since I didn’t get Xbox Live until Halo 3 came out, but when I did, I normally got stomped on XD
> >
> > If you played Halo 2 back in its glory days, you would have had so much fun. It is way better than Halo 3 and Reach.
>
> yeah it was in halo 2 ppl played for fun not competition

Actually people played for competition even more back then than now. Its just that it was a lot easier to play for fun AND competition back on Halo 2, like me. I would play serious in Ranked matches while still being able to mess around and have fun in customs.

> > lol yeah, I didn’t play Halo 2 much since I didn’t get Xbox Live until Halo 3 came out, but when I did, I normally got stomped on XD
>
> If you played Halo 2 back in its glory days, you would have had so much fun. It is way better than Reach and 70% better than Halo 3. Halo 2 was called the “golden days” of Halo for a reason.

Fixed that for you.

> > > > lol yeah, I didn’t play Halo 2 much since I didn’t get Xbox Live until Halo 3 came out, but when I did, I normally got stomped on XD
> > >
> > > If you played Halo 2 back in its glory days, you would have had so much fun. It is way better than Halo 3 and Reach.
> >
> > yeah it was in halo 2 ppl played for fun not competition
>
> Actually people played for competition even more back then than now. Its just that it was a lot easier to play for fun AND competition back on Halo 2, like me. I would play serious in Ranked matches while still being able to mess around and have fun in customs.

idk about that i played customs 90% of the time…good times. i miss those cat n mouse, tremors, lava and halo2 zombies…still the best, even better doing gaurdian glitch with magnum :stuck_out_tongue:

> > > lol yeah, I didn’t play Halo 2 much since I didn’t get Xbox Live until Halo 3 came out, but when I did, I normally got stomped on XD
> >
> > If you played Halo 2 back in its glory days, you would have had so much fun. It is way better than Reach and 70% better than Halo 3. Halo 2 was called the “golden days” of Halo for a reason.
>
> Fixed that for you.

Isn’t 70% still a lot? Which in turn “way better” is still appropriate.

> > > > > lol yeah, I didn’t play Halo 2 much since I didn’t get Xbox Live until Halo 3 came out, but when I did, I normally got stomped on XD
> > > >
> > > > If you played Halo 2 back in its glory days, you would have had so much fun. It is way better than Halo 3 and Reach.
> > >
> > > yeah it was in halo 2 ppl played for fun not competition
> >
> > Actually people played for competition even more back then than now. Its just that it was a lot easier to play for fun AND competition back on Halo 2, like me. I would play serious in Ranked matches while still being able to mess around and have fun in customs.
>
> idk about that i played customs 90% of the time…good times. i miss those cat n mouse, tremors, lava and halo2 zombies…still the best, even better doing gaurdian glitch with magnum :stuck_out_tongue:

yup

I don’t mean to come across as a jerk OP, but there is no point in ranting what B.net does over here. Most understand B.net is filled with jerks and idiots, which is why most people here from B.net came here, to try to escape that.

> I don’t mean to come across as a jerk OP, but there is no point in ranting what B.net does over here. Most understand B.net is filled with jerks and idiots, which is why most people here from B.net came here, to try to escape that.

Agreed but I have the biggest problems with the Reach fanboys and the people who troll the Halo 2 forum.

Even though this thread is new, this 50 talk brings back memories of the H3 forum back on bungie.net like when Halo 3 was only a year or two old lol

let me start by saying that saying someone is bad because they arent a 50 is ludicrous. there are a lot of good people who arent level 50s. one of my good buddies isnt a 50 and i’d rather have him on my team than ANY of my level 50 friends for objective games.

i think a lot of this hostility builds on itself. one level 50 tells a level 45 that hes bad because hes not a 50. the level 45 gets a 50 himself, then tells another person, and so on.

one thing you have to keep in mind, however, is that lots of these level 50’s are actually BETTER than level 50, they just maxed out and hit the highest rank. some people are just comparing you to themselves, but this is pretty unfair.

the skill gap in halo 3 is massively minimal compared to that of halos 1 or 2. a level 50 in halo 3 could easily be closer to a level 80 in halo 1 (if there was a ranking system), or even higher.

I played hours of H3 matchmaking but couldn’t rank up in any playlist because of all the second accounters, boosters and bought accounts.
Also a 50 may be good at Halo 3 but can also be completely brain death.

> let me start by saying that saying someone is bad because they arent a 50 is ludicrous. there are a lot of good people who arent level 50s. one of my good buddies isnt a 50 and i’d rather have him on my team than ANY of my level 50 friends for objective games.
>
> i think a lot of this hostility builds on itself. one level 50 tells a level 45 that hes bad because hes not a 50. the level 45 gets a 50 himself, then tells another person, and so on.
>
> one thing you have to keep in mind, however, is that lots of these level 50’s are actually BETTER than level 50, they just maxed out and hit the highest rank. some people are just comparing you to themselves, but this is pretty unfair.
>
> the skill gap in halo 3 is massively minimal compared to that of halos 1 or 2. a level 50 in halo 3 could easily be closer to a level 80 in halo 1 (if there was a ranking system), or even higher.

dude there was an epic difference between a legit 45 and below and a 50. Sure there were a few random outliers but on average below 50 was bad. maybe 47-50 was a muddy area but def 46 and below was bad when comparing to 50.

I was a 47 for a while and yeh i got made fun of by 50 “hey why cant you get a 50” and it didnt make me mad. I took it as a challenge and I got my 50 by doing lots of customs and gettign a team together. The whole process made me respect the effort you need ot get a 50. I had to learn the intiricacies of the game to get it.

> > let me start by saying that saying someone is bad because they arent a 50 is ludicrous. there are a lot of good people who arent level 50s. one of my good buddies isnt a 50 and i’d rather have him on my team than ANY of my level 50 friends for objective games.
> >
> > i think a lot of this hostility builds on itself. one level 50 tells a level 45 that hes bad because hes not a 50. the level 45 gets a 50 himself, then tells another person, and so on.
> >
> > one thing you have to keep in mind, however, is that lots of these level 50’s are actually BETTER than level 50, they just maxed out and hit the highest rank. some people are just comparing you to themselves, but this is pretty unfair.
> >
> > the skill gap in halo 3 is massively minimal compared to that of halos 1 or 2. a level 50 in halo 3 could easily be closer to a level 80 in halo 1 (if there was a ranking system), or even higher.
>
> dude there was an epic difference between a legit 45 and below and a 50. Sure there were a few random outliers but on average below 50 was bad. maybe 47-50 was a muddy area but def 46 and below was bad when comparing to 50.
>
> I was a 47 for a while and yeh i got made fun of by 50 “hey why cant you get a 50” and it didnt make me mad. I took it as a challenge and I got my 50 by doing lots of customs and gettign a team together. The whole process made me respect the effort you need ot get a 50. I had to learn the intiricacies of the game to get it.

You mean boosting right?
Seriously once those boosters and account buyers, the 50 rank became a joke and a near impossible performance.
It didn’t matter if you won the last 5 games(and didn’t get a higher skill level at all) since if you lost (even with the only 50 in that match on your team, yet the guy gets the lowest score imaginable ) you will go down in skill level.

> > let me start by saying that saying someone is bad because they arent a 50 is ludicrous. there are a lot of good people who arent level 50s. one of my good buddies isnt a 50 and i’d rather have him on my team than ANY of my level 50 friends for objective games.
> >
> > i think a lot of this hostility builds on itself. one level 50 tells a level 45 that hes bad because hes not a 50. the level 45 gets a 50 himself, then tells another person, and so on.
> >
> > one thing you have to keep in mind, however, is that lots of these level 50’s are actually BETTER than level 50, they just maxed out and hit the highest rank. some people are just comparing you to themselves, but this is pretty unfair.
> >
> > the skill gap in halo 3 is massively minimal compared to that of halos 1 or 2. a level 50 in halo 3 could easily be closer to a level 80 in halo 1 (if there was a ranking system), or even higher.
>
> dude there was an epic difference between a legit 45 and below and a 50. Sure there were a few random outliers but on average below 50 was bad. maybe 47-50 was a muddy area but def 46 and below was bad when comparing to 50.
>
> I was a 47 for a while and yeh i got made fun of by 50 “hey why cant you get a 50” and it didnt make me mad. I took it as a challenge and I got my 50 by doing lots of customs and gettign a team together. The whole process made me respect the effort you need ot get a 50. I had to learn the intiricacies of the game to get it.

true that. theres a big difference between a level 45 player and a level 50 player. i realize this. im a level 50 too :smiley:

i just think that some level 50s are MASSIVELY better than other level 50’s, and if they were ranked accordingly, they would be a LOT higher than level 50 yanno?

oh, i also want to add that it goes both ways OP. if i play halo 3 and i dont go positive a million (god forbid the once in a blue moon when i go negative), people will say things like ‘how much did you buy that 50 for?’, etc.

it doesnt really effect me because… im the one who achieved the level 50, and they arent. i realize that they are just mad because they probably work very hard and simply arent good enough to get the level 50 that i worked hard to get myself. this doesnt mean i talk trash, but i’ll certainly laugh at them for trying to insult me with something that i know isnt a fact.