Anyone up for a class action suit?

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Do not make nonconstructive posts.</mark>

I think we would have standing in court… its time to teach game companies like 343 and EA and others that they cannot keep releasing games that are such complete buggy messes without seeing the consequences as real, hard numbers.

Or you could simply abstain from purchasing from them if you feel that strongly about it.

Ill have you know, I will take a class action lawsuit out on the next person who suggests we take one out on 343. Forums are for discussing, I am sick of seeing threads all repeating the same thing…

Go post off topic, this is the MCC game discussion forums…

<mark>Do not make nonconstructive posts or flame/attack others.</mark>

Your best bet is to hammer them for constantly misleading their prospective customers (and now paying customers). You can’t get them on false advertisement, however, these people lie every time they speak (almost…not literally…close though). They are going to shoot themselves, not in the foot but in the head sooner rather than later if they continue to flat out lie to us. I’m watching like a god -Yoink!- hawk for the lie that’s relevant enough to do work in court. I imagine the little collection of lies I’ve compiled thus far could ding them, but a ding isn’t nothing more than a distraction to the good people who do actually want Halo to flourish within the company. You have to realize, if they get hit with just a minor fine, they’ll just fire good people in their company. The club who runs this ship is where the disease is. You can’t hit them under the belt like they do the individual customer and expect to come out a cheating rich -Yoink- like they and MS do so well and often. Just watch and listen whenever you see and/or hear from them. Unless they suddenly change their ways, they’re going to provide us with a knockout punch all on their own. Hopefully Halo will not be dead by that time, and honestly I don’t think it will. I think these people are so arrogant their days are numbered.

> 2533274875412897;2:
> Or you could simply abstain from purchasing from them if you feel that strongly about it.

Hey Lou, PM me if you don’t mind sharing whatever time machine set-up/arrangements you have. Thanks bud.

This belongs in Off topic forums. But if you have the money for the lawyers then by all means!

> 2533274792797002;5:
> > 2533274875412897;2:
> > Or you could simply abstain from purchasing from them if you feel that strongly about it.
>
>
> Hey Lou, PM me if you don’t mind sharing whatever time machine set-up/arrangements you have. Thanks bud.

You know games get released before they’re finished, so next time maybe be patient and wait for the release bugs to be fixed. Its common knowledge practically no games are working 100% at launch. So next time maybe you can tell them how you feel by exercising your right as a consumer: just don’t buy something if you don’t think it deserves your money. Tell the industry that their behavior is unacceptable by not patronizing their products. The fact the game still has issues two months post-release is ridiculous, BUT allowing the video game industry to sell unfinished products lies squarely on the consumers that buy them.

For any other product a class action lawsuit would work and the customers would most likely win, but with Halo MCC (or any video game) we all ticked “I agree to the terms of service”, which protects 343i and Microsoft in this case. Its really stupid and we should be able to sue for this, but we all basically signed something saying we can’t do anything about it.

Thought these cost money, have you got a lot of money to go up against a big company?

> 2533274929308637;9:
> Thought these cost money, have you got a lot of money to go up against a big company?

You obviously don’t know what a “Class Action” lawsuit is. That’s a shame considering you obviously have the internet at your disposal and to look up the term would have taken you all of ten seconds. Class Action suits don’t cost the Plaintiffs any money up front; the lawyers take about a third but only if their victorious; until that point they essentially work for free, but many will for the promise of a big payday. There’s your education for the day; You’re welcome.

> 2533274798043823;8:
> For any other product a class action lawsuit would work and the customers would most likely win, but with Halo MCC (or any video game) we all ticked “I agree to the terms of service”, which protects 343i and Microsoft in this case. Its really stupid and we should be able to sue for this, but we all basically signed something saying we can’t do anything about it.

Not true at all. The TOS is more like a waiver, and in court would not be legally binding. There’s your education for the day, and You’re Welcome.

> 2533274875412897;7:
> > 2533274792797002;5:
> > > 2533274875412897;2:
> > > Or you could simply abstain from purchasing from them if you feel that strongly about it.
> >
> >
> >
> > Hey Lou, PM me if you don’t mind sharing whatever time machine set-up/arrangements you have. Thanks bud.
>
>
> You know games get released before they’re finished, so next time maybe be patient and wait for the release bugs to be fixed. Its common knowledge practically no games are working 100% at launch. So next time maybe you can tell them how you feel by exercising your right as a consumer: just don’t buy something if you don’t think it deserves your money. Tell the industry that their behavior is unacceptable by not patronizing their products. The fact the game still has issues two months post-release is ridiculous, BUT allowing the video game industry to sell unfinished products lies squarely on the consumers that buy them.

I certainly WON’T be pre-ordering Halo 5; that’s for sure!

> 2533274800962187;6:
> This belongs in Off topic forums. But if you have the money for the lawyers then by all means!

I don’t agree; this belongs right here where more people will see it. In fact no one should be discussing anything about this game except for it’s issues until they’re addressed and fixed. 343 can keep pretending they don’t have more money than God, because that’s really what this is about, and they aren’t throwing nearly enough of the money WE’VE given them at these problems. Hire more programmers, and for the love of all things holy, HIRE MORE TESTERS!

By all means, please try. It would be amusing to see. And it wouldn’t fix or change much of anything. Long time fan since CE, and video games since 83. Your not about to sway millions from playing a game we’ve loved for years. Its just something that happens. And at least they’re workin on it

<mark>Do not make nonconstructive posts or flame/attack others.</mark>

> 2533274805167777;14:
> By all means, please try. It would be amusing to see. And it wouldn’t fix or change much of anything. Long time fan since CE, and video games since 83. Your not about to sway millions from playing a game we’ve loved for years. Its just something that happens. And at least they’re workin on it

It looks like fail to comprehend what we’re talking about here. A class action suit would be to recoup some of what has been robbed of us, our money, not to have them fix what’s broken when it should have been right BEFORE it came out of beta testing; that is after all what beta testing is for.

As far as swaying millions of fans away from the game, that is being done by 343 itself, and if you don’t believe any of the fan base will be moved to not purchase 343 titles in the future, you’re sorely mistaken.

p.s. For someone as old as you are you should be aware that “workin” isn’t a word. Perhaps you’re not a strong speller. Perhaps you shouldn’t be posting anything at all.

They might be liable for breach of contract specially if you pre ordered, just like if you ordered a piece of furniture and you received it incomplete. The most 343 would be liable for would be a refund partial or full and maybe Xbox live fees but any dither damages such as punitive damages would be a hard sell.

No

What contract was breached? They sold you a game! You can pop it in and play campaign! Therefore, the game works! Punitive damages?! DAMAGES?! From playing a VIDEO GAME?

> 2533274875412897;18:
> What contract was breached? They sold you a game! You can pop it in and play campaign! Therefore, the game works! Punitive damages?! DAMAGES?! From playing a VIDEO GAME?

They sold a game that wasn’t ready, an unfinished product, under the guise that it was. Furthermore TIME IS MONEY. I understand that your time likely isn’t worth anything, but mine sure is.

Halo’s matchmaking issues are affecting you financially?