Anyone think the Plasma Caster is an awful weapon?

Should have just gave us the Grenade Launcher or Brute shot Variations. The Caster seems to be good for popping shields and tickling vehicles. If you don’t stick infantry on your 1st try, kiss yourself goodbye. Even if you get more chances to charge up, it’s best suited for a support weapon.

When you directly hit the target with regular shots, they bounce off him and don’t do much damage. When it’s CQC and you spam shots up close, they travel too far and take too long to explode. It leaves me with a weapon that shines at medium range and is high risk to get a stick on said person. I was using the Scourage of Fire, banked plenty of shots towards an oncoming enemy, and all it did was tickle his shields and explode past him.

I’m only using this bootleg Plasma Launcher to work on commendation; after that, I’m not ever using the Caster again

It’s a weapon I hate, and yet pick up every chance I get. It only causes me grief.

It’s almost useless, good for zoning, looks pretty.
It’s like 343i opened up the suggestion box and read the card that said “mak3 an wepon that u can kill peopl frm the grav3”

For me its like a short burst of awsome. I pick it up i beast for a kill or two then fall off the map with it. Everytime.
Also base firse is useless, charge it or dont use it.

I think it’s alright!

I dont seem to be able to get kills with it, but get killed by it on the reg

Not only is it terrible, but why is it a featured power weapon on every dam map?! I mean hell even the shotgun and hydra launcher aren’t considered “power weapons” for some reason and yet they are way better options. If 343 had a stat for every time a power weapon gets ignored, this red flag would be waving. I’ve played countless games on Empire or The Rig where nobody even touches it.

It’s not great but can be good at times

Its gotten me killed a few times, often by the time it’s charged up i’m either dead or I miss. It’s a big step below even the railgun…which is a risk/reward type weapon based on the sheer luck and accuracy of your aim. I think it takes too long to charge up to shoot a sticky. Honestly most of the kills i’ve got with it have been sheer luck spamming shots around corners or through a door or shooting enemies I can’t see. You’re better off going with something less likely to get you killed most of the time.

I don’t think I’ve even used it a single time except by accident on pickup and then I didn’t know wtf I was wielding and so hit absolutely nothing before DEATH!

The Plasma Caster is ok. It`s a good support weapon in Team-Slayer.

Its not a terrible gun. I have better luck tapping the triger rather than holding it down

> 2533274821174589;1:
> Should have just gave us the Grenade Launcher or Brute shot Variations. The Caster seems to be good for popping shields and tickling vehicles. If you don’t stick infantry on your 1st try, kiss yourself goodbye. Even if you get more chances to charge up, it’s best suited for a support weapon.
>
> When directly you hit the target with regular shots, they bounce if him and don’t do much damage. When it’s CQC and you spam shots up close, they travel to far and take too long to explode. It leaves me with a weapon that shines at medium range and is high risk to get a stick on said person. I was using as Scourage of Fire, banked plenty of shots towards an oncoming enemy, and all it did was tickle his shields and explode past him.
>
> I’m only using this bootleg Plasma Launcher to work on commendation; after that, I’m not ever using the Caster again

If you know how to use it well, it is super powerful.Use it to block doorways…get good aim and make sure you kill the enemy…etc

It’s better used in Brute Shot mode if anything. Charging it up has proved nothing but a death sentence for me.

There’s a list of weapons in the game that shine oh so brightly in campaign that are so lackluster in Multiplayer, and the plasma caster?

Top of that list

I have to say the plasma caster is great to have to take out an AI, but not a player who would never stand still. A weapon that’s easy to dodge if you have half a brain is no power weapon if you ask me.

First few times I picked it up I was kind of like what is this ?

But now I love it, it really works well on Warzone too with doorway campers and bosses at 75 points

Yeah it’s good for warzone since plasma grenades are practically nonexistent.

It’s really good to clear corners of campers. I will usually just launch a full charged Caster into bases and it seems to be effective. Also really good if you stick it on vehicles (preferably Warthogs), will usually kill the occupants of the vehicle.

I pick it up also only to end up spamming all my shots within a few seconds. Maybe I’m just bad with the but it ms a little wonky lol.

Too slow for Arena.