Anyone still playing Halo MCC?

I didn’t like Infinite so I’m playing MCC exclusively. Steam population never changed and with Game Pass + Xbox crossplay it’s simple to find Social matches. All games and modes seem to have players except for H2C BTB.

4 Likes

Im surprised at some of the replies here, i have no troubles finding matches.

1 Like

Always been a discrepancy, I think it’s a region thing, because I I’ve never encountered an issue getting 4v4 matches (North America)

2 Likes

Makes sense. Honestly im so greatful for the MCC.

I still play it but I was told it would stop getting new battle passes

I hop on from time to time still, but not as often as before Season 8 kinda made a mess of things.

at this point, I’m just waiting on the rest of the H:O content that’s yet to be released to Halo 3, the ODST tools and Firefight rework, and the remaining Reach Firefight fixes and Chest armor

I play a few hours a week for the challenges and the exchange items. I played matchmade reach arcade firefight today and my challenges were tracking in both matches. I wonder if the reach FF challenge bugs were finally fixed.

1 Like

Happy to report that they are indeed fixed and now tracking properly.

2 Likes

I’m in North America and I play H2, H2A, and H3 big team battle at really random times and matchmaking still seems very populated. During the day queue is instant, late at night (3am to 5am mountain time) I might end up waiting a minute or two. I have my regions set to all of NA and relays are on.

Pretty sure the matchmaker is still broken though because sometimes I wont be able to get any lobbies unless I restart my game but that has been going on for at least a year.

i ( europe ) am actively playing mcc since its xbox one realese and have never in any playlist or configuration had trouble finding matches in less then a minute. only the pc version sometimes takes longer for me to find ranked matches but thats rare an probably more an situational thing

Really, then try to find h3 ranked showdown around 14 pm Europe. I agree that there are no trouble finding social matches, but saying that every playlist is taking less than one minute under any circumstances is a little exaggerating

Played for a good few hours yesterday and plan on playing after work today and maybe some tomorrow. MCC is superior to Infinite IMO. But I play both, mainly to knock out the challenges.

1 Like

i sure play from time to time, but mainly halo 3 custom games. halo infinite as it is, is nothing but players that play too “hard” for my liking. i just want relaxed fun games. maybe once Forge releases, people can make some fun maps in Infinite. all the maps right now are pretty terrible for any custom games…

I dunno… I just like Halo 3 best.

I still run my MCC Custom Game Server. WHY? Cuz Halo infinite Custom Game Area is broken! I sent tek support a video for proof!

1 Like

I do 1 level up a day on Infinite then back to MCC or Minecraft. Infinite just feels kinda empty.

1 Like

Sure when I can find a game. Already mostly left Infinite. I try to do my challenges as soon as I can but sometimes I forget on day 1. Though I hate the long wait times.

If I exchange my hobby with MCC, but I only play BTB or objectives and the only thing, find is Halo 4 and Reach I do not complain because I love all Halo games, except Halo 5.

Yes, its much better than Halo: Infinite

4 Likes

Still actively playing MCC and still having a blast on it but you can really feel the drop in population.

I hope it doesn’t die!

1 Like

I still play MCC almost every day and still love it. When Infinite came out, there did seem to be some pressure to move over to the new game. But, I just added it to the “collection” of Halo. So I play both daily.

2 Likes