Anyone scared about this?

My classmates hate halo and rather play a thoughtless session of mw3

And they talk about gaming and memes but no one commented about the halo 4 details or spartan ops but a soon as black ops 2 was “leaked” they haven’t stopped talking about it and everytime I remind them how cod repetitive cod is and they acknowledge it but won’t stop talking about it, and then someone else comments how halos story sucks and that the chracter of Marcus fenix is more evolved then master chief!

And thenyesterday it all changed

They started talking about halo again and were excited about forerunner vision and killstreak drops ( although I’m sure their misunderstood) me and my best friend sat in utter shock as the same thought entered our mind.

What if halo is going to become the new cod of gaming?

I shutter at this very thought

CoD = repetitive (like you said)
Halo 4 = obviously changing, (nobody has played it yet so they can’t call it bad)
Sprint = in more than JUST COD!
A few names = who cares, names don’t change anything, even if they resemble something from CoD
I don’t see anything like CoD.

etc, etc. This thread.

> CoD = repetitive (like you said)
> Halo 4 = obviously changing, (nobody has played it yet so they can’t call it bad)
> Sprint = in more than JUST COD!
> A few names = who cares, names don’t change anything, even if they resemble something from CoD
>
> etc, etc. This thread.

I agree 100 percent but the scary part was that these casuals thought it was just like cod and suddenly loved it (even though it’s probably going to be completely different)

Right 343?

> > CoD = repetitive (like you said)
> > Halo 4 = obviously changing, (nobody has played it yet so they can’t call it bad)
> > Sprint = in more than JUST COD!
> > A few names = who cares, names don’t change anything, even if they resemble something from CoD
> >
> > etc, etc. This thread.
>
> I agree 100 percent but the scary part was that these casuals thought it was just like cod and suddenly loved it (even though it’s probably going to be completely different)
>
> Right 343?

Your friends must not be getting enough oxygen, if they decide they love a game they have never played based on a few paragraphs that they probably never even looked into, then they have problems.
Your friends = Casuals that play CoD in need of oxygen and need to put down the energy drinks.

> My classmates hate halo and rather play a thoughtless session of mw3
>
> And they talk about gaming and memes but no one commented about the halo 4 details or spartan ops but a soon as black ops 2 was “leaked” they haven’t stopped talking about it and everytime I remind them how cod repetitive cod is and they acknowledge it but won’t stop talking about it, and then someone else comments how halos story sucks and that the chracter of Marcus fenix is more evolved then master chief!
>
> And thenyesterday it all changed
>
> They started talking about halo again and were excited about forerunner vision and killstreak drops ( although I’m sure their misunderstood) me and my best friend sat in utter shock as the same thought entered our mind.
>
> What if halo is going to become the new cod of gaming?
>
> I shutter at this very thought

To be fair, cod isnt that bad and you shouldnt judge people with different preferences.

I personally enjoy both. Halo for halo and cod for that arcade-like feel.

OP, you do know that Halo was the original CoD?
The game that was the most popular FPS, the one to outsell it’s predecessors by far, the game everyone knew and played, the game that made it to “Guinness World Records”…
CoD stole that place because Halo became stale and boring, offered little new and much old. CoD offered new things like killstreaks and loadouts, hectic games, join in progress and instant spawn. It rewarded “good” players even.
Sure, it was far from perfect but it was more, some how bigger then Halo. Now CoD has started to loose while Halo seems to be awake and ready to “finish” the fight again, now Halo might once again be CoD, or really Halo, the biggest FPS.

> My classmates hate halo and rather play a thoughtless session of mw3
>
> And they talk about gaming and memes but no one commented about the halo 4 details or spartan ops but a soon as black ops 2 was “leaked” they haven’t stopped talking about it and everytime I remind them how cod repetitive cod is and they acknowledge it but won’t stop talking about it, and then someone else comments how halos story sucks and that the chracter of Marcus fenix is more evolved then master chief!
>
> And thenyesterday it all changed
>
> They started talking about halo again and were excited about forerunner vision and killstreak drops ( although I’m sure their misunderstood) me and my best friend sat in utter shock as the same thought entered our mind.
>
> What if halo is going to become the new cod of gaming?
>
> I shutter at this very thought

I think…that this is a fake story. I’m seeing to many people who claim to be huge COD fans that are saying “Halo is turning into COD” and they’re probably not even COD fans, just trying to strengthen a point they don’t have. I believe this story is basically the same thing, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

> OP, you do know that Halo was the original CoD?
> The game that was the most popular FPS, the one to outsell it’s predecessors by far, the game everyone knew and played, the game that made it to “Guinness World Records”…
> CoD stole that place because Halo became stale and boring, offered little new and much old. CoD offered new things like killstreaks and loadouts, hectic games, join in progress and instant spawn. It rewarded “good” players even.
> Sure, it was far from perfect but it was more, some how bigger then Halo. Now CoD has started to loose while Halo seems to be awake and ready to “finish” the fight again, now Halo might once again be CoD, or really Halo, the biggest FPS.

The main reason CoD is really popular at all is because it’s on almost every single device possible, I’m shocked that I don’t see it in the iTunes app store. The thing that pains me is seeing people buy every CoD hoping it’ll be better than the last, when in reality the franchise is getting worse and worse and the fanboys are too blind to see that. (the wording at the end isn’t that great, I’m tired and lazy)

> The main reason CoD is really popular at all is because it’s on almost every single device possible, I’m shocked that I don’t see it in the iTunes app store. The thing that pains me is seeing people buy every CoD hoping it’ll be better than the last, when in reality the franchise is getting worse and worse and the fanboys are too blind to see that. (the wording at the end isn’t that great, I’m tired and lazy)

Nah, multi-platform games sure have a tendency to sell better, but still the exclusives are the best selling (see Wii exclusives like Wii Sport). Having many platforms does make it easier, sure, but it does not equal good sales.
CoD is a good game in the core, and does remind a lot of earlier Halo games. Easy to try and fun to play, but it got a skillgap that encourages you to be better, learn maps and weapons. It even introduces new features while still keeping a fast and “tight” gameplay.
Sure, it’s not perfect, I agree that it’s been progressively worse, but still the core is good and people like game that anyone can play, and most can get good at.

To quote my brother “when my self-esteem is low or I feel bad after getting ruined in some competitive game, or just had a bad day, I’ll play a few games of CoD and it’s so simple I can laugh, and still be a God on the battlefield”.
That’s the strength of CoD, anyone can be good and feel good about themselves. I miss the MVP days of Halo 3, since MVP might give some appreciation to a objective player too, who was not the k/d beast but did a good job anyhow. In reach, it’s all about camping, power weapons and k/d, not fun :confused:

> > The main reason CoD is really popular at all is because it’s on almost every single device possible, I’m shocked that I don’t see it in the iTunes app store. The thing that pains me is seeing people buy every CoD hoping it’ll be better than the last, when in reality the franchise is getting worse and worse and the fanboys are too blind to see that. (the wording at the end isn’t that great, I’m tired and lazy)
>
> Nah, multi-platform games sure have a tendency to sell better, but still the exclusives are the best selling (see Wii exclusives like Wii Sport). Having many platforms does make it easier, sure, but it does not equal good sales.
> CoD is a good game in the core, and does remind a lot of earlier Halo games. Easy to try and fun to play, but it got a skillgap that encourages you to be better, learn maps and weapons. It even introduces new features while still keeping a fast and “tight” gameplay.
> Sure, it’s not perfect, I agree that it’s been progressively worse, but still the core is good and people like game that anyone can play, and most can get good at.
>
> To quote my brother “when my self-esteem is low or I feel bad after getting ruined in some competitive game, or just had a bad day, I’ll play a few games of CoD and it’s so simple I can laugh, and still be a God on the battlefield”.
> That’s the strength of CoD, anyone can be good and feel good about themselves. I miss the MVP days of Halo 3, since MVP might give some appreciation to a objective player too, who was not the k/d beast but did a good job anyhow. In reach, it’s all about camping, power weapons and k/d, not fun :confused:

Halo 3 was about 1-50, K/D just replaced that system for the “competitive” players. If you wanna bring up a game that was played more for fun than competition, I believe Halo 2 would be the game; in halo 2 I don’t remember calling anything out in MM, yet I remember playing zombies, cat n mouse, etc. CoD is considered a more “casual” game because anybody can pick it up and play it, which is one of the reasons why I hate it; any decent Halo player can play CoD and demolish, hardly any good CoD players can do the same in Halo.

Cod is to repetitive.

> Halo 3 was about 1-50, K/D just replaced that system for the “competitive” players. If you wanna bring up a game that was played more for fun than competition, I believe Halo 2 would be the game; in halo 2 I don’t remember calling anything out in MM, yet I remember playing zombies, cat n mouse, etc. CoD is considered a more “casual” game because anybody can pick it up and play it, which is one of the reasons why I hate it; any decent Halo player can play CoD and demolish, hardly any good CoD players can do the same in Halo.

Maybe it was about 1-50 to you, maybe even as much as 1/3 of the community, but not to the rest. A majority played social, and in social you played for fun, to win sure, but mostly for fun (grif, action sack, even team slayer). In Halo 3 people (initially) said “good game” and similar, I rarely even avoided people.
Then time passed and Halo 3 got out of control, cheating and boosting, host bridging and lag was plenty, I literary had to avoid more players then I preferred (rarely happened) and even filing complains weren’t that uncommon due to all the blam! that happened. Halo 3 were good at first, while Halo 2 lived strong, but became bad when and that badness lead to Reach which was even worse.
Sure, CoD is easy and any experienced FPS player can be good at it, and sure, few CoD players would be good at Halo. But few CoD or Halo players would be good at Battlefield, or Homefront. Halo used to be easy to get the hang on, I could take a complete console-n00b and he’ll have a goo time and get somewhat decent stats within not to many matches on Halo 3, not good but decent enough, he could help them team. But not in Reach, random bloom, random AAS and maps made for camping made that impossible. Reach takes knowledge and luck to play, not necessary skill, which makes it bad and hostile to new (and old) players.

> Cod is to repetitive.

Orly?

So what if Halo becomes the new ‘COD’ of the next generation? Firstly, what does that even mean?

In case you aren’t in the know, Halo was the top-selling FPS back in the days of 2/3, before the explosive popularity of the COD franchise. I’m sure a huge spike in sales won’t deteriorate the franchise’s quality, if that’s what you’re fearing. Bungie treated it with loving care despite knowing its titles would sell regardless of what they would do. 343 should exemplify that doctrine to an even greater extent; they are long-time fans of the series, after all. They would do it justice.

Mario is a good example of this. Sells more than even COD, but keeps getting better.