Anyone Remember Reach's Ending?

The Halo Reach ending with Dr. Halsey’s words on Noble Six are most likely proof that she and humanity have recolonized it, terraformed, and it means that Halsey will more than likely escape Jul M’dama’s Storm Covenant. Not to mention that if she is still there, she may even be free from ONI’s custody.

My proof here is her very own words and the date that it was said.

> <mark>July 7, 2589</mark>
> <mark>“It didn’t take long for Reach to fall. Our enemy was ruthless. Efficient. But they weren’t nearly fast enough.”</mark>
> <mark>“For you had already passed the torch. And because of you, we found Halo, unlocked its secrets, shattered our enemy’s resolve. Our victory - your victory - was so close… I wish you could have lived to see it.”</mark>
>
> “But you belong to Reach. Your body, your armor - all burned and turned to glass. Everything… except your courage. That, you gave to us. And with it, we can rebuild.”

The UNSC’s victory may still not have occurred after the events of Halo3, instead, 343 may use this to have Dr. Halsey and humanity survive undoubtably until the end of this saga.

Not to mention that the Halos’ secrets may not only be limited to their abilities and housing of Flood, instead they could house something more greater to the new war effort. While only the two reasons I posted that the Halo rings were for, they could easily be rewritten or be added to.

Also: “Shattered our enemy’s resolve”
This may mean the Covenant’s lost desire to worship the Forerunners and activate the Halos or it may refer to the Didact’s resolution to keep the mantle and eventually destroy the humans, or it may refer to the Flood and their desire to ‘unify’ everything and the Precursor/Flood’s desire to have taken revenge on the Forerunners.

Also…“Our Victory was so close”?
Halo Reach takes place in 2552, Halo 4 being approximately on the year 2557-2558(and Escalation) leads me to think that the saga will span up to around 2562 due to the victory being very close, with the max being at least 10 years in my book.
It however should be guaranteed to end within that century as monument of John117 was made in 2610 to commemorate him. Seeing as how they were commemorating him instead of focusing on defending themselves is more than enough proof for myself to say that he has passed away and there is peace.

In the end I speculate that the Flood may either cease, the Covenant COMPLETLY stop worshipping the Forerunners, or the Didact be defeated/ the mantle be rightfully bestowed upon humanity.

You have to remember that it’s also possible that Halsey gave the eulogy BEFORE the planet was terraformed, or even before the events in Halo 4.

> You have to remember that it’s also possible that Halsey gave the eulogy BEFORE the planet was terraformed, or even before the events in Halo 4.

Well the fact that she had said"…and with it WE can rebuild doesn’t seem to fit anything which she could have said during the time between Halos Reach-4 considering that she was under ONIs custody for a while, on a long journey/adventure, on Onyx, etc. I doubt that she would even be able to say that in the time. Then again people could always manage doing these things somehow…but still, where would she find the time to do so?

> > You have to remember that it’s also possible that Halsey gave the eulogy BEFORE the planet was terraformed, or even before the events in Halo 4.
>
> Well the fact that she had said"…and with it WE can rebuild doesn’t seem to fit anything which she could have said during the time between Halos Reach-4 considering that she was under ONIs custody for a while, on a long journey/adventure, on Onyx, etc. I doubt that she would even be able to say that in the time. Then again people could always manage doing these things somehow…but still, where would she find the time to do so?

If you have ever play halo spartan assault you would know that they colonised a planet so they probably have colonised reach and I would imagine she was talking about right after the war were humanity isn’t in danger anymore so they didn’t need to hide they could regrow and build what they had lost

That part of the quote sounds like she is referencing the end of the Human-Covenant War. Because of Alpha Halo, the Great Schism happened, and the Covies were defeated.

She could have made the speech in her time of custody. Not like she would have anything else to do when not installing Forerunner engines.
ONI never updated her with information, so it would make sense that she would go back through events like the Fall of Reach and notable figures she hasn’t been able tonfully reflect upon, like Six.

> That part of the quote sounds like she is referencing the end of the Human-Covenant War. Because of Alpha Halo, the Great Schism happened, and the Covies were defeated.
>
>
> She could have made the speech in her time of custody. Not like she would have anything else to do when not installing Forerunner engines.
> ONI never updated her with information, so it would make sense that she would go back through events like the Fall of Reach and notable figures she hasn’t been able tonfully reflect upon, like Six.

Yeah, I guess, but the fact that at least human ships are there by the date of 2589 on Reach and are not dead gives at least a sign which Humanity is still alive.
Fun Fact, they planned on having an eagle perch on Six’s helmet but decided to scrap it :frowning:

Halsey’s epilogue speech is probably non-canon (as in she didn’t actually make a speech to remember Noble 6). It’s a general narration to wrap up the story, with no in-universe relevance.