Anyone planning to add lore to their Spartan?

I’ve been giving backgrounds to my MP characters since Halo 3. I think it adds depth and it sort of enhances my experience in Halo multiplayer. Reach made it better but, now Halo 4 is on the way. Halo 4 is apparently having LOADS of armor, you can create personalized loadouts, and your Spartan’s existence is encased in canon (depending on what he/her does is technically ‘fannon’). This has greatly inspired me to give a big chunk of back-fiction for my character, writing a small story about them(maybe write about a couple characters). I’m really excited to get started on them.

This isn’t about me though. Will you be doing anything lore wise with your Spartan? If so, please express what you plan.

How do you think Halo 4’s new features will improve possible characterization to your custom spartan?

What features do you hope to be in future Halo’s to improve characterization?

Its an interesting idea. I would be happy to do that, if this characterization would be a part of something bigger. Maybe a database/website, where ppl can add backstory for their spartan and read stories of other players ? Some basic informations like a gender, age, place of birth…and an interesting backstory. Your could even carry this backstory trough the upcomig games or expansions. Hmm…

Somone made a thread about this last week and I had an interesting idea. what if we could make a profile for our spartan IV

> Its an interesting idea. I would be happy to do that, if this characterization would be a part of something bigger. Maybe a database/website, where ppl can add backstory for their spartan and read stories of other players ? Some basic informations like a gender, age, place of birth…and an interesting backstory. Your could even carry this backstory trough the upcomig games or expansions. Hmm…

It would pretty sweet for there to be a dedicated website directly linked to your Halo 4 record on the infinity with your written log about them. I’ve seen a couple of threads that have this idea of having their spartan’s record go all the way across 4, 5 and 6. Hopefully we can see this happen.

Fortunately there are a few places you can put your fannon characters at where others can see and read them around the net. I even made a thread on here a long time ago for people that want to post their spartan characters.

https://forums.halo.xbox.com/yaf_postst1412_WHO-IS-YOUR-SPARTAN.aspx

A lot of people have filled it out, the community has some really interesting and cool characters they have been posting. If you haven’t already you can put your spartan on there if you want or a couple of your characters.

> I’ve been giving backgrounds to my MP characters since Halo 3. I think it adds depth and it sort of enhances my experience in Halo multiplayer. Reach made it better but, now Halo 4 is on the way. Halo 4 is apparently having LOADS of armor, you can create personalized loadouts, and your Spartan’s existence is encased in canon (depending on what he/her does is technically ‘fannon’). This has greatly inspired me to give a big chunk of back-fiction for my character, writing a small story about them(maybe write about a couple characters). I’m really excited to get started on them.
>
> This isn’t about me though. Will you be doing anything lore wise with your Spartan? If so, please express what you plan.
>
> How do you think Halo 4’s new features will improve possible characterization to your custom spartan?
>
> What features do you hope to be in future Halo’s to improve characterization?

Heck yeah, I’m gonna characterize my spartan!!! For those of you who read the RP in the Universe section, you should recognize me as Abel Henson, Fire Team Azure’s demo man.

Anyway, I hope that they make it possible for us to have more lore to our spartans such as giving them bios. But with this new clan option, at least we can actually form our fire teams and squads.

If we can make our own “fannon” for our Spartan then my Spartan is an undercover Insurrectionist!

I’ve done it with every other Halo game and I will continue to do so! For me, it’s part of what makes Halo so amazing :slight_smile:

Ofcourse I’m adding lore, it makes your spartan feel all the more alive

> If we can make our own “fannon” for our Spartan then my Spartan is an undercover Insurrectionist!

Kill the Insurrectionist!! He must reveal the Infinity and it’s capabilities and of the Spartan-IV’s to the Rebels of Venezia!!

On topic: Mines a part of a Spec Ops team called Delta Team, and he’s the leader. :smiley:

Yes I am. I’m writing a story about both my Spartan who in his back story is an ODST with years of experience fighting the covenant and for my wife’s Spartan who first fight the covenant on reach. So their stories are separate until they get paired up in the Spartan IV program.

Thank God I’m not the only one. I actually wrote out a long and detailed history of my character.

I’m actually writting a plot for a Deviantart comic series based on my character and my friends’ characters.

I originally was going to call it Team Crimson, but that has been taken if I recall…They are Crimson and Majestic, right?

> I’m actually writting a plot for a Deviantart comic series based on my character and my friends’ characters.
>
> I originally was going to call it Team Crimson, but that has been taken if I recall…They are Crimson and Majestic, right?

Yeah, if you mean the Spartan Ops teams, I think that’s them.

> I’m actually writting a plot for a Deviantart comic series based on my character and my friends’ characters.
>
> I originally was going to call it Team Crimson, but that has been taken if I recall…They are Crimson and Majestic, right?

From what I can remember, I think it was Team Crimson and Majestic.

Also the comic thing on deviant art sounds pretty killer dude. I hope I see that posted in the Community creations down the line (:

> > I’m actually writting a plot for a Deviantart comic series based on my character and my friends’ characters.
> >
> > I originally was going to call it Team Crimson, but that has been taken if I recall…They are Crimson and Majestic, right?
>
> From what I can remember, I think it was Team Crimson and Majestic.
>
> Also the comic thing on deviant art sounds pretty killer dude. I hope I see that posted in the Community creations down the line (:

Curses. changes colors to blue They’re Team Azure now.

As far as the deviantart stuff goes, here’s a link to the first issue of my previous Halo series if you’re interested…though I never got far on it. Stopped at issue 3.

I plan on making a machinima series about my Spartan. It starts out with him being part of a Headhunter duo and then moves on to him being the last surviving Spartan III from the Fall of Reach, who volunteers for the Spartan IV project.

There should be a bio in the service record.

Xbox 360 gamer profile has one. Why not Halo?

My Spartan’s Lore:

PVT puggles was enlisted into the Spartan IV program under strange circumstances. Whilst breaking into a crate of space peanuts (he had failed to pay rent on multiple occassions and was now homeless and hungry), he slipped and fell in. By chance, the crate was stowed aboard the Infinity to provide ingredients for the UNSC’s favourite snack: Peanut butter sandwiches.

Among hearing that Master Chief had returned, the high ranking officers among the Infinity decided to cook up a huge batch of peanuts in order to make their home made peanut butter and provide a banquet of sandwiches for the Chief.

Upon breaking open the first crate, Puggles was found with crumbs surrounding him; He had eaten the peanuts. Outraged by this crime, Puggles was sentenced to execution. However, it was later decided that Puggles would pay off the peanuts he had eaten by serving the UNSC for the remainder of his life as a Spartan IV.

fin.

Slightly off topic…

This thread makes me realize how much I appreciate Spartan Ops and everything 343 is doing with the multiplayer. Reach sort of began the whole experience with Noble 6 being fully customizable, but at the end of the day, he/she still didn’t feel like YOUR Spartan. Now, your spartan is exactly that, YOURS, and we basically get 2 campaigns, 1 for the chief and one for all of us. Spartan Ops is OUR story, regardless of it not being as fleshed out as the main campaign. Things like that won’t make me necessarily write a whole bio for my Spartan, they’re doing so much for us that you can come up with a backstory in your head rather quickly.

> > > I’m actually writting a plot for a Deviantart comic series based on my character and my friends’ characters.
> > >
> > > I originally was going to call it Team Crimson, but that has been taken if I recall…They are Crimson and Majestic, right?
> >
> > From what I can remember, I think it was Team Crimson and Majestic.
> >
> > Also the comic thing on deviant art sounds pretty killer dude. I hope I see that posted in the Community creations down the line (:
>
> Curses. changes colors to blue They’re Team Azure now.
>
> As far as the deviantart stuff goes, here’s a link to the first issue of my previous Halo series if you’re interested…though I never got far on it. Stopped at issue 3.

Nice deviant dude, I checked out the the rest of your comic. I’m curious how the rest of the escape plan will go. Anyways I put you on my watch, you have some cool stuff. Hoping to see Team Azure arise.