Anyone notice the lack of beautiful skyboxes?

I know we’ve barely seen any mp, but I truely hope there are still color rich environments. H3’s snowbound, and stand off had some of the coolest, awe inspiring skyboxes i’ve ever seen. So far, halo 4 looks pretty red. Even warhouse looks like it’s near a sun or a red nebula. They could’ve gone with something a lot less cliche and more imaginative imo.

“Warhouse” is near a star…

Wraparound doesn’t seem very red. That multiplayer map featuring the Warthog looked freaking amazing. And the spartan ops map looked amazing too.

Snowbound and Standoff are your examples, really? They’re just mostly clear blue skies. Which is what was in the Halo 4 trailer, and also what I actually enjoyed seeing. It was quite serene to see Master Chief in that environment. But yes, I do want some vivid multiplayer maps again.

> Snowbound and Standoff are your examples, really? They’re just mostly clear blue skies. Which is what was in the Halo 4 trailer, and also what I actually enjoyed seeing. It was quite serene to see Master Chief in that environment. But yes, I do want some vivid multiplayer maps again.

Well sanghelios as well as another moon was in the sky on snowbound. In stand off there were these huge radar dishes. Basically they had great color to them instead of some cloudy sky or an erupting volcano. I just hope they have more variety in the mp sky boxes instead of “grrr dark grim greys reds, booding blah blah blah blah”. Yes wraparound is in a cloud filled super bright white sky. I hope we get some halo maps and some worlds where there are moons or planets over head. You know, something that has a proper sci fi feeling to it.

Well, if the skybox from the single player demo is any indication, I think we’ll have some nice skyboxes in multiplayer :slight_smile:

> “Warhouse” is near a star…

I think you could see some pretty nice skyboxes in some thread, after all the one thing that every Halo has had right was the skyboxes. Even on Reach they look great, and that’s a lot of praise when it comes to Reach. Given what we saw in CE as well as what we’ve seen so far, I don’t think there’s any reason to worry about the skyboxes in Halo 4, on the contrary they might be the most impressive detail :wink:

Have you not seen the campaign trailer? No offense but that was one of the most amazing skyboxes I have ever seen. I’m sure the same can be said about the multiplayer maps when we get our hands on the game!

> I think you could see some pretty nice skyboxes in some thread, after all the one thing that every Halo has had right was the skyboxes. Even on Reach they look great, and that’s a lot of praise when it comes to Reach. Given what we saw in CE as well as what we’ve seen so far, I don’t think there’s any reason to worry about the skyboxes in Halo 4, on the contrary they might be the most impressive detail :wink:

record drag sound which sky box was great in reach? Not counting the dlc packs. Forge world was the closest thing to a decent sky box