anyone miss the bubble shield?

I was playing Halo 3 earlier and realized how useful this item was. Although it is annoying I would much rather have a sniper hide in a bubble for a few seconds than have him/her be invisible the whole game.

So do you think it should return in the next Halo game?

I miss a lot of freakin things… least of which is the bubble shield (it’s still awesome don’t get me wrong just kind of the least of my worries).

I miss power ups instead of AA’s and PO

I miss having good maps

I miss having sane player spawns and weapon/vehicle spawn timers

I miss social/ranked

Oh yes, it is missed. The Halo 3 commercial where it featured so prominently has cemented it as a classic feature of the game, and it should definitely make a comeback.

> Oh yes, it is missed. The Halo 3 commercial where it featured so prominently has cemented it as a classic feature of the game, and it should definitely make a comeback.

I FREAKIN LOVE THAT COMMERCIAL!!!

hell yes, bubble shield was a thousand times better
than that stupid regeneration-field.

I’d love to see it back in any form.

While we’re on the subject does anybody think that Mantis’s shields should function like the prototype armor’s shields like in Halo Legends where it’s an invisible Bubble shield until it’-Yoink!- and it flickers? You could keep the damage resistance the same I just thought that it would look cooler.

> I’d love to see it back in any form.
>
> While we’re on the subject does anybody think that Mantis’s shields should function like the prototype armor’s shields like in Halo Legends where it’s an invisible Bubble shield until it’-Yoink!- and it flickers? You could keep the damage resistance the same I just thought that it would look cooler.

Oh man that would be an excellent special effect. I don’t know why but I imagine that being a resource hog. Hopefully the XB1 can handle it because I’d love to see it in Halo 5!

> I’d love to see it back in any form.
>
> While we’re on the subject does anybody think that Mantis’s shields should function like the prototype armor’s shields like in Halo Legends where it’s an invisible Bubble shield until it’-Yoink!- and it flickers? You could keep the damage resistance the same I just thought that it would look cooler.

that would be awesome!

Yes, the bubble shield should be back! And so should the grav lift, it was so fun to throw one into the path of a ghost or hog that was trying to splatter you.

I don’t miss anything as Halo 4 has all I need.

> I don’t miss anything as Halo 4 has all I need.

This from a person who has admitted he never played a game of Halo before Reach.

> > I don’t miss anything as Halo 4 has all I need.
>
> This from a person who has admitted he never played a game of Halo before Reach.

Anything wrong with that?

> > > I don’t miss anything as Halo 4 has all I need.
> >
> > This from a person who has admitted he never played a game of Halo before Reach.
>
> Anything wrong with that?

In a way yes, it means he has not had the time to tryout the Bubble Shield(the equipment from H3 not the AA from reach)

> I miss a lot of freakin things… least of which is the bubble shield (it’s still awesome don’t get me wrong just kind of the least of my worries).
>
> I miss power ups instead of AA’s and PO
>
> I miss having good maps
>
> I miss having sane player spawns and weapon/vehicle spawn timers
>
> I miss social/ranked

Yeah basically this …

> I don’t miss anything as Halo 4 has all I need.

I am sorry for you. I would wish that sentiment on no man.

> > I don’t miss anything as Halo 4 has all I need.
>
> This from a person who has admitted he never played a game of Halo before Reach.

Dang. Your breaking my heart WolfBlade…Halo 3 is free next month. I HIGHLY recommend you experience Halo in it’s prime.

> > > I don’t miss anything as Halo 4 has all I need.
> >
> > This from a person who has admitted he never played a game of Halo before Reach.
>
> Dang. Your breaking my heart WoldBlade…Halo 3 is free next month. I HIGHLY recommend you experience Halo in it’s prime.

I know ill be hitting it up :slight_smile:

It’ll probably come back sometime, as with the shield drain and grav lift. Just with a taste of 343i madness.
I don’t think we’ll ever see another decent/ proper Halo again.

> > > > I don’t miss anything as Halo 4 has all I need.
> > >
> > > This from a person who has admitted he never played a game of Halo before Reach.
> >
> > Anything wrong with that?
>
> In a way yes, it means he has not had the time to tryout the Bubble Shield(the equipment from H3 not the AA from reach)

I’ve played all the Halo games online, and for me, Halo 4 is my second favorite Halo game (Halo 3 is third, and I played a lot of Halo 3).

As for the Bubble Shield, it can’t ever work as an AA. As a pickup/Equipment, yes. But as an AA, no.
Reason? It recharges. A giant bubble of cover that recharges just can’t work. It slows down gameplay (whether you believe that excuse or not, a lot of people would say this if it came back), has a huge radius, and is a long time of cover. Why else do you think 343i had it in so few playlists in Reach, and didn’t bring it back in Halo 4? It’s basically a different version of Armor Lock (alas, not as worst, but you can see why people/343i wouldn’t want it back).

Do I miss it though? Of course. It was one of my more favorite Equipment/AA. But to say I want it back would be a lie.

I dislike the Bubble Shield. It gives us the same problem Shield Doors do(thankfully something that is nonexistent in default maps). It allows players to see enemies at absolutely no risk to themselves. It creates situations where combat is slowed to a grinding halt until the shield disappears.