Anyone miss Dominion?

Hey guys! So, I was just wondering how the community felt. Is anyone missing and or wanting Dominion back?

Dominion will return May 12-25th:

Matchmaking Playlist Calendar

> Dominion will return May 12-25th:
>
> Matchmaking Playlist Calendar

In May… for two weeks… not really good enough.

> > Dominion will return May 12-25th:
> >
> > Matchmaking Playlist Calendar
>
> In May… for two weeks… not really good enough.

It’s something

> Dominion will return May 12-25th:
>
> Matchmaking Playlist Calendar

That’s not good enough. Dominion needs to be a permanent playlist again.

I never really got to play it, I can’t wait for it to come back in the rotational playlist

The way I see it, any game type that has commendation tied to it SHOULD BE PERMANENT NO MATTER WHAT. How are we supposed to finish commendations when the game type isn’t even available? And lets face it, Dominion is always in the top 5 most populated playlists whenever its available.

Edited by Moderator - Please refrain from making nonconstructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I miss the Halo 3 days when over 500,000 people would be playing every day. 343 is a joke. The fact they still update this failure of a game is ridiculous. They killed Halo and don’t even care. As long as they get their money.

>

To be fair, Bungie were the ones who started Halo’s downfall when they made Halo Reach and introduced armour abilities to the world.

Reach was terrible. Nothings wrong with halo 4. I like the load outs, i like the gun and armor customizations. Could do with more map variations but all in all its fun. I support bringing back dominion full time

> The way I see it, any game type that has commendation tied to it SHOULD BE PERMANENT NO MATTER WHAT. How are we supposed to finish commendations when the game type isn’t even available? And lets face it, Dominion is always in the top 5 most populated playlists whenever its available.

Agreed- it is very frustrating. However, I did notice Dominion participation dwindle before it was pulled as a permanent playlist (speaking as a player in the northeast… may have been different on servers elsewhere).

I do miss dominion. It was a fun game type to play from time to time.

Agreed, I would love it if it became a permanent playlist.

> > Dominion will return May 12-25th:
> >
> > Matchmaking Playlist Calendar
>
> That’s not good enough. Dominion needs to be a permanent playlist again.

The problem is, Dominion never really had a high population. With Halo 4 in general having a low population, having a ton of playlists will split up the community and result in longer search times and far more lag.

Why should 343i further split the population by adding a permanent playlists that never had a high player count to begin with?

While I loved Dominion and am thrilled that it is returning, I also like Multi-Team, Extraction, CTF, and all of the other secondary playlists. Rotational Playlists allow those gametypes to be played without splitting up the population at the cost of not having access to them all of the time.

Take heart, something more permanent might be on the horizon:

> Just this Monday, we released the Heavies playlist, which returned due to an overwhelming community response. After its return on Monday, we weren’t surprised to see it immediately take the #1 spot over Big Team Battle, and as I check the Matchmaking playlists now, this is still the case. We’re glad to see that so many of you are enjoying the explosions and heavy machinery. We’ve also seen some questions regarding why Heavies wasn’t rolled into Big Team Battle, and there were a few reasons why we gave Heavies its own dedicated slot. First and foremost, Heavies is a 6 vs. 6 playlist and game type, while Big Team Battle exclusively hosts 8 vs. 8 game types. Additionally, we’re confident that Heavies is popular enough to sustain a healthy population, and also provides an area where we can host all of the maps from the Crimson and Castle Map Packs, which are also optimized for 6 vs. 6 game types. <mark>Lastly, having a home for 6 vs. 6 game types also allows us to look at additional options, such as Dominion.</mark> In short, we’ll continue to monitor the health of each playlist to ensure that we’re offering an optimal Matchmaking experience in Halo 4 across all playlists and voting options. Keep an eye on each Bulletin to read about what we’re seeing in Matchmaking and thinking about in terms of playlists updates

Loved Dominion! Looking forward to it’s rotational return.

Logical thing to do would be to just add dominion to heavies. That or make a 5 base variant and try to make btb more interesting.

i dont know really. i never played it except maybe once cuz it seemed like a complete remake of call of duty’s domination. so i dont care if thay bring it back…unless there’s a railgun lol

that is my favorite game type is cool now it gone :frowning:

Since I never got to finish the commendation, yeah, I kinda do miss it. Unfortunately 343 didn’t think about the fact that there was a commendation for the gametype before it was removed.