Anyone know if people still play old halos?

Reason im asking is because the last time i played halo before 5 was halo 2. wondering if i can still play multiplayer if i buy the masterchief collection. After reading forums it sounds like halo 3 was really popular, people still play that game?

I still play MCC but not to often. MCC has a very miniscule population right now. MCC downfall is cross game playlist list. There are some dedicated playlist for the games but they are 4v4 only and from my understanding population in those aren’t to strong. Rumble Pit and btb are cross game so games are voted on and H3 and H4 wins most of the time. I loved H2 btb but it rarely won the vote along with HCE as well. When I play MCC I stick to the rumble pit and btb.

MCC’s problems is a combination of low population and broken matchmaking. There are enough people playing to fill matches, easily. But you can often search and search, and the game won’t find these players.

i still play the MCC and have managed a few multiplayer games but since 5 has been released its taking longe to find a game

agreed. only got in one game in like half an hour of match making for h2c

> 2535462037956099;1:
> Reason im asking is because the last time i played halo before 5 was halo 2. wondering if i can still play multiplayer if i buy the masterchief collection. After reading forums it sounds like halo 3 was really popular, people still play that game?

On MCC, yes. You can’t really play the original Halo 3 on the Xbox 360 anymore, though. 90% of the playlists are DLC locked, and it’s super buggy.

Also, the MCC matchmaking is a mess. There’s plenty of people playing, but for some reason, it takes a little while to find matches at times.

> 2811398874529013;3:
> MCC’s problems is a combination of low population and broken matchmaking. There are enough people playing to fill matches, easily. But you can often search and search, and the game won’t find these players.

Correct. Low population, quitters, afk players, team killers, and broken matchmaking issues make TMCC an overall miserable mp experience. It is VERY rare either team will maintain a full lobby. It is almost impossible in BTB to maintain a full 8vs8 game. I have only seen it happen 1 or 2 times. Seriously. If you try to play with friends it is even more miserable because your friends will get kicked from the lobby most of the time.

If you get TMCC just get it for the co-op campaigns. The co-op campaigns run very well. Don’t expect much at all from the mp.