Anyone know how to properly fly the Wasp?

I am tired of seeing players fly a wasp and immediately have it on fire and complain because they don’t know how to use it. I mean, I do. But it seems many people don’t. Players like to use the wasp as a high air vehicle in open skies. Then complain because of how weak it is and low damage output and say the only average wasp are the ONI and Hannibal. However the Wasp isn’t a high speed air combat like the Hornet or Banshee. It is a low grounds support air vehicle to cover tight places with infantry.

But in gameplay, you are supposed use your small vehicle design and stay close to the ground going against infantry that can’t prioritize you and only get open space with the need is necessary. It’s size is perfect and its mobility and damage on their missiles are able to cover inside structures easily. It isn’t made for air combat but as low ground support air vehicles.Play it like a Halo 4 Watcher. When you get shot, go be a little kitten and hide.

I am just saying this out loud. I am tired of losing a BTB map or seeing wasp die and people complain by how “useless” it is. If you done well doing the opposite on what I say then thats good for you. I just had better luck playing it on below ground.

Abuse the shields and make sure you stick near infantry of your own

You don’t…

You need to learn to pop in & out, pick your fights. You can team shot a wasp & kill it quick, yet people don’t seem to realize that most the time. I have troubles controlling the wasp moving up & down while shooting since I play on recon. The controls in H5 are quite complex so you are at a slight disadvantage at times unless you play on certain layouts.

Actually the standard Wasp is pretty weak, as soon as I spawn it’s instantly damaged. ONI and Hannibal Wasps can take a little bit more punishment.

Hit and run brother. Pick on infantry, harrass vehicles and never stop moving if you can help it. If your sheilds go down, duck behind the closest cover

dont get shot at

Aye see, good thing I knew i was right about what I see in people. Some people believe the wasp is terrible. Some people think the only ‘good’ wasp are the oni and Hannibal. And others say the wasp is a low-key unit. Good thing im not being crazy with my own theories.

It’s all hit and run. I, personally, prefer to stick with my ground units and act as a support aircraft to pick off some kills that the ground units are engaged with. Takes the enemy team awhile to take me down doing this. They are constantly harassed by you and then end up focusing their attention on you (the wasp) then you fly away and let the ground units take them out.

> 2535442377964386;7:
> dont get shot at

Facepalm Oh man Like it’s that easy to not get shot at!

Solid 10/10 Best Advice Ever

I can keep a wasp alive for a while but I also can’t kill anything with it I suck at using its weapon systems.

I have gotten unfrigs in them in btb but you need skill and lots of luck.

wasps are cool its just that they seem to be bullet magnets when im in one but

when the other team has one none of my teammates seem to shoot the wasps.

very odd.

changing levels often helps i’m pretty good with one in assault.
Great for quick revenge kills most times.

it also depends on the experience of your squad if they’re all hiding in a building (or dead waiting to spawn back in ) like some newer players do you’ll have half the other team shooting at your wasp… or so i’ve been told this may or may not have just happened :slight_smile:

you can fly low or high thats a problem.

I like to play assist if I get a wasp, just stay on the fringe of the fight and take out the weaker enemies. Try to avoid anything with an incineration canon or fuel rod

> 2533274959491149;15:
> I like to play assist if I get a wasp, just stay on the fringe of the fight and take out the weaker enemies. Try to avoid anything with an incineration canon or fuel rod

or rail gun or hydra or even that level 3 suppressor with with the rounds that explode seen that take down a wasp.

somebody shot your wasp down with fuel rod? Thats impressive. Never seen that one.

If you slightly change levels they’ll miss most likely.

to be fair, most vehicles are bullet magnets

even the ones without any weapons tend to become a MAJOR target

unless its just me

I have no idea at all how to control this thing. It just just not do what I want.

I think ive beaten the original and swords banshee plus the original phaeton with the normal wasp… I pretty god with that vehicle I hope it comes back in Halo Infinite!

> 2533274826044245;4:
> You need to learn to pop in & out, pick your fights. You can team shot a wasp & kill it quick, yet people don’t seem to realize that most the time. I have troubles controlling the wasp moving up & down while shooting since I play on recon. The controls in H5 are quite complex so you are at a slight disadvantage at times unless you play on certain layouts.

thats me, its been along time since i played now but when i did and i pulled a wasp (in pve at least) i was all about shoot and scoot. pop out from behind osemthing fire a burst of cannons and a rocket shot then duck back before the rockets even land. I’ve had times where people bail from burning wasps early game and i’d get in and still have it at the end of round 5.