Anyone Hoping for A Prototype VS War Sphinx?

As the title says, is anyone wanting a a Prototype mech from Halo Legends to go against a Promethean War Sphinx?

It would make for one hell of a epic showdown. I got that idea from the map they showcased at E3 called Adrift.

You can see the map here.

-edit-

Considering the origional Prototype was developed probably a good number of years before the events of Halo 4, it’s not unlikely that the mech could be upgraded with forerunner tech making it not a complete one sided fight.

War Sphinx would tear that Prototype mech to shreds.

Yes, I’d definently like to see it.

Though I’d also like to see them Hawkes from Halo Wars

> War Sphinx would tear that Prototype mech to shreds.

^
This

and I dont care so much for the prototype. I just want to fight some war sphinxes.

> > War Sphinx would tear that Prototype mech to shreds.
>
> ^
> This
>
> and I dont care so much for the prototype. I just want to fight some war sphinxes.

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

> War Sphinx would tear that Prototype mech to shreds.

Doesn’t matter, Halo’s always been about surviving impossible odds and this scenario is about the only way the Cheif could fight a Sphinx and live to tell the tale.

It would be a really cool fight, albeit an extremely short one.

For reference of what a war sphinx is, I’ll just leave this here.

OT: It would be very cool to fight a prototype war sphinx! It could replace the scarab battles.

The war sphinx is a hundred times more powerful than the prototype. It would be a cool fight but it would be the equivalent of watching a lion vs a wet paper bag.

> For reference of what a war sphinx is, I’ll just leave this here.
>
>
> OT: It would be very cool to fight a prototype war sphinx! It could replace the scarab battles.

Woahhh.
Are they AI controlled or manned vehicles?

> It would be a really cool fight, albeit an extremely short one.

I reiterated my first post adding that the mech could be upgraded with forerunner tech, however even with upgrades it wouldn’t last too long unless the Chief had an ally or a scenario such as the enemy Sphinx had just been fairly damaged to even the playing field.

> > For reference of what a war sphinx is, I’ll just leave this here.
> >
> >
> > OT: It would be very cool to fight a prototype war sphinx! It could replace the scarab battles.
>
> Woahhh.
> Are they AI controlled or manned vehicles?

Manned, normally only a single user and possibly an AI, however I think in the forerunner books one sphinx had 2 humans in it for transport or possibly 1 human and 1 forerunner crammed in.

> > > For reference of what a war sphinx is, I’ll just leave this here.
> > >
> > >
> > > OT: It would be very cool to fight a prototype war sphinx! It could replace the scarab battles.
> >
> > Woahhh.
> > Are they AI controlled or manned vehicles?
>
> Manned, normally only a single user and possibly an AI, however I think in the forerunner books one sphinx had 2 humans in it for transport or possibly 1 human and 1 forerunner crammed in.

…Imagine if we got to drive one of those things! The carnage…

Picture this - about 1/3 to 1/2 way through the campaign, Chief is attacked by one of these monstrosities but narrowly escapes. Later on you find another, this time unmanned. Revenge shenanigans ensue.

I would prefer the Prototype mech over the Sphinx but it would be epic to do both, or perhaps you use the mech/sphinx against 3+ scarabs and enemy units, maybe have a hidden endless ending like in Reach where you basically fight 'til you drop and possibly have a achievement for surviving X amount of time in Legendary and make it like an impossible challenge.

> > War Sphinx would tear that Prototype mech to shreds.
>
> ^
> This
>
> and I dont care so much for the prototype. I just want to fight some war sphinxes.

I care about the Mech. it’s gonna be really cool to drive it. but fighting some War Sphinxes? how could that not be memorable? every time one showed up, you’d have to pause the game just to change pants.

but a Mech fighting a War Sphinx, though highly short, would be awesome 10 seconds to watch.

> > > War Sphinx would tear that Prototype mech to shreds.
> >
> > ^
> > This
> >
> > and I dont care so much for the prototype. I just want to fight some war sphinxes.
>
> I care about the Mech. it’s gonna be really cool to drive it. but fighting some War Sphinxes? how could that not be memorable? every time one showed up, you’d have to pause the game just to change pants.
>
> but a Mech fighting a War Sphinx, though highly short, would be awesome 10 seconds to watch.

The Sphinx has the potential to be the new “scarab fight”, while still having scarabs and all the other elements of big fights open to the game.

I think it just allows for more big memorable epic fights for the halo games.

> For reference of what a war sphinx is, I’ll just leave this here.
>
>
> OT: It would be very cool to fight a prototype war sphinx! It could replace the scarab battles.

I hope it wouldn’t but just add another epic battle to the mix :wink:

> The war sphinx is a hundred times more powerful than the prototype. It would be a cool fight but it would be the equivalent of watching a lion vs a wet paper bag.

A Banshee is hundreds of times less powerful than a Scarab. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t win in a straight fight (ODST). Plus you have to remember that gameplay > canon.

OT; meh. I’d rather something ‘quirky’ to drive - an aircraft with helicopter-style controls, or even better, a Locust, so I could go round walking on walls - as opposed to controlling what is essentially a person, only having the environment scale factors changed around. Still, nothing against the idea.

double post :frowning:

Maybe 20 Mechs controlled by Spartan IVs and Chief would stand a fair chance.